The Madness of Crowds
|Requires access to : Disciples of Rage|
|The Madness of Crowds|
|Takes place in:||Outskirts of Stormreach|
|Bestowed by:||Dabny d'Jorasco|
|NPC contact:||Dabny d'Jorasco|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find Brawnpits
- Speak with Brawnpits
- Wait for Brawnpits at his tent
- Ask Brawnpits for guidance
- Bring one of the ingredients to Brawnpits
- Make the stew
- Take a nap in Brawnpits' tent
- Speak with Brawnpits again
- Rest until Brawnpits returns
- Find a treatment for the curse
- (Optional) Collect all the ingredients — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Pray at the ancient altars — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Appease the old gods of the giantkind — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Speak politely with friendly giants — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Challenge and defeat giants of the Sul'at League — Bonus (17%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
You enter the quest on the road by the northeast shrine (entry point not marked on map).
- A successful Concentration roll lets you talk with the giants; an unsuccessful one starts a fight. The first may give you a hint where Brawnpits can be found. When talking to the giants, select the "I'm looking for Brawnpits" option.
- If the Hill Giant says "try looking by the river", he's to the west (see map).
- If the sleeping Hill Giant Shaman says "probably picking flowers by the aqueduct again", he's to the east under the aqueduct (see map).
- If the other Hill Giant Shaman says "probably gone for the hills again", he's to the south near Rowa's altar (see map).
- Once you've spoken with Brawnpits, wait for him on the bearskin near the cauldron in the center of the map.
- Brawnpits locations
- Down by the river just under the altar where the water elementals are located
- Underneath the Aqueduct
- In front of the altar by the wood spirits
- Ingredients locations
- Scorpion Stinger
- In the eastern part of the map (aqueduct area).
- Drops after defeating Mother Scorpion.
- Giant Skull Trophy
- In the western part of the map (west of road, south of the waterfall).
- Spawns Phaervrae Ichiom after picking up.
- Driftwood Log
- North of the waterfall, near the river (sometimes high over it, but on the edge of the cliff).
- Air - Karrack the Final Guardian
- Earth - Rowa of the Jungle Leaves
- Fire - Ouralon Lawbringer
- Water - Banor the Bloody Spear
- Short version to copy into party chat: Air Karrack; Earth Rowa; Fire Ouralon; Water Banor
- You can make the end fight easier
- Activating the giant altars by praying to the right god (each altar can be used only once, so choosing wrong god will make this goal unreachable).
- The elementals will fight on your side in the end fight. This also makes water elementals near Banor's altar non-hostile (if not killed before activating the altar).
- Be careful not to select Step Away From the Altar or let the dialogue window time out. If you do, you won't be able to interact with that altar again, making the Optional un-achievable.
- You can also side with Priestess Ionna against Belraen at the gateway.
- Belraen will not be present at the end fight. The packs of Vulkoor drow and scorpions on the main map will become non-hostile (the ones at Brawnpits' camp remain hostile - this is intended)
- There is no bonus for siding with Belraen or mediating. He will show up in the end fight in either of these cases.
- Brawnpits' return is timed/scripted. If the end fight is still ongoing he will assist you in the fight.
- Aggression bonus: 131 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: Three
- One end chest
- One for defeating fire giants at the northern edge of map
- One for defeating Phaervrae Ichiom
- Collectables: 9
- fungus SE of entrance
- second fungus SE of entrance
- fungus west of earth altar, on clifftop above the road
- fungus at top of ramp leading up from river below the waterfall
- fungus in woods north of the water altar
- fungus on the rock above the waterfall
- fungus on west side of river at bottom of the waterfall
- fungus on east side of river at nothern map edge
- second fungus on east side of river at nothern map edge
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop