Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Riding the Storm Out
The very air here seems to sizzle with arcane power. You spot a figure clad in robes of the Twelve crouched over by the remains of a Giant skeleton.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Riding the Storm Out|
|Tier 2 end game raidTier 2 end game raid:|
|Epic XP:||♦16,644Normal ♥17,042Hard ♠17,442Elite|
|Takes place in:||Temple of the Storm|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Purchase:||Dragonblood Prophecy or VIP|
The Chamber of Argonnessen is worried about a rogue Blue Dragon named Kor Kaza. She plans to use ancient Giantish magic to summon a storm big enough to wipe out all life on Xen'drik. Speak to Dalwyneth in the Marketplace. She will send you to the Temple of Storm to confront Kor Kaza.
- Also note, this raid was not Legendary on Lamannia but is on live, so Legendary Raid Timer Bypass Hourglass should be used.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Defeat the dragon Kor-Kaza
- Use the control points to open a way to the surface
- Find a way to dispel the storm
- Reset all control point pairs: 6 left
What to Expect
- Massive electricity damage, Electric Absorption items such as Ring of the Djinn, or Legendary Ring of Flickering Steel and Epic Elemental Victory, and/or twisting in Energy Sheath Electric (Draconic Incarnation tier 1) is recommended
Tips and Misc
Must be level 27 or higher to enter the raid.
- Two memory style puzzles in the opening room, opposite each other, with a lever below each. When the lever is pulled, a sequence of 3 random tiles will light up on the 3 × 3 "number pad puzzle". That sequence will have to be repeated by a player. Then a new sequence of 4 tiles will light up and then another sequence of 5 tiles. When the third sequence is solved the entire puzzle will light up. An error will cause the entire puzzle to reset and all sequences will have to be repeated. Once solved, the puzzle will stay lit for 45 seconds (on all difficulties) before resetting (turning dark).
- When you need to communicate using the number in this regard, note there are differences between PC/calculator ten-key and phone number pad.
- The two puzzles in the entrance room have enough delay for one person to solve both.
- Solving both puzzles will open a gate to the main area and locks instance.
Main area, below platform
- In the main arena, a number of giant skeletons will spawn. They can easily be killed, turn or kited around. Some of them need to be split in order to prevent HP regen.
- The red-named Skeleton, Forgotten Stormborn King, will (like the blue dragon) cast Storm Magic, a debuff that increases the target's vulnerability to electrical and magical damage.
- The Forgotten Stormborn King casts Guided Light that on EN can deal 700+ electric damage.
- Storm Magic can be dispelled by Under Shelter buff which you can get by going below the platform. Taking Dimension Door and going to entrance area won't lock you out of the raid so you can wait for its expiration there too.
- In the main arena, a raised plateau is surrounded by a force field behind which the blue dragon has shielded itself. Three freestanding walls with bands of arcane energy on top; one to the west, one to the north and one to the east, each have TWO memory puzzles, one on each side. These puzzles will have to be solved in a similar manner to the ones in the entry room to drop the barrier. Each PAIR of puzzles have to be solved together (time for reset unknown). All six do not need to be solved simultaneously, meaning two people can do puzzles while the rest of the party keeps the skeletons away.
- When all three pairs of puzzles are lit, the force field will come down and Reverse Gravity effect (where tornado-like air streams are) will turn on, making it possible to reach the plateau.
Main area, above platform
- The blue dragon has a very large pool of hit points and deals massive electrical damage, including the debuff Storm Magic. This buff will stack multiple times (how many unknown; 20 observed).
- A designated tank should take her aggro and others should attack her from side or back, in order to avoid getting her by his lightning breath/Storm Magic.
- Also, when yellow runes are lit floating around the dragon, all the party members should go hide around the dragon's tail, between her closed wings, in order to avoid the lightning/Storm Magic also.
- From time to time Air Elementals will spawn, and white circles appear on the ground; kill the elementals quickly and get back into the fight.
- As you beat the dragon down to a certain point, she will fly away. Now west, north and east gates leading to side areas are all open. You must go do another 6 puzzle pairs around the area.
Side areas, 7 puzzle pairs
- From this point all your party members are under Eye of the Storm effect (deals lightning DoT, 7 seconds a tick). This effect keeps adding up your Storm Magic charge, unless you are under the Shelter effect or reset its charge by the Storm Cage effect obtained while you are on one of the runes.
- Be warned that if you become the target of a Forgotten Stormborn, this effect will begin triggering about once every three seconds, which will probe lethal very quickly.
- Since only one person can use a rune/Cage effect at one time, when other party members are around you, you shouldn't occupy the rune for too long.
- Most puzzles are behind the gates, locked by rune pillars. Rune pillars are activated as you get hit by lightning 3 times while you are on corresponding runes beneath them.
- You must go through all 7 puzzle pairs (so 14 puzzles total). However, unlike previous puzzles, these pairs don't have to be solved in a timely manner.
- Depending on your party leader's choice, group may split up, and activating rune pillars and solving puzzles requires teamwork. However, things tend to go rough here if you don't know what you are doing.
- Shrines on the NE corner also have Under Shelter effect. On normal rest shrine is reusable every 15 minutes.
Main area, above platform
- As you finish the 6 pairs of puzzles, DoT effect ends. You can now go back to the platform and begin the dragon fight again. He is back at full at this point.
- From this point, if you go under the platform where you can get Under Shelter effect, one Storm Priest and three Skeleton Archers spawn around there. These keep respawning and cannot be kited away (they get reset with white circle/rubber-band mechanic if pulled from the spawn point). So notify people of this in party chat, and make sure nobody in your group goes there.
- Pretty much same procedure as before, however a red named Air Elemental would spawn on harder difficulty (Elite and Reaper only?).
- At some point when Kor Kaza is around 50% to 30% health (seems to vary depending on difficulty), four Forgotten Storm Priests will spawn below the platform. This is in addition to one Priest + three Archers mentioned above. If you get knocked off of the platform they'll aggravate on you, charge up your Storm Magic counter real fast and eventually kill you even after you go up on the platform.
- One tactic here is to send someone with Dimension Door to pull all four of them to a side area and die there, or come back up via the entrance, to keep them out of the fight. If your group is not killing Air Elementals fast enough or is on harder difficulty, you have to do this.
- As you kill the dragon, quest is completed and a resurrection shrine and a chest will spawn. The Four Storm Priests also will die simultaneously.
- Chests: 1 end chest, contains ♦64Normal ♥84Hard ♠125Elite Kor Kaza Runes
- Collectables: several adventure packs below platform
- NPC rewards: Standard with raid rune system.
- Currently, you have to have the raid completed and off the raid timer in order to access the NPC barter dialog option.DDO Forums
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Forgotten Storm King ( view • edit )||●♦40Epic Normal ●♥44Epic Hard||Undead||Skeleton|
|Forgotten Storm Priest ( view • edit )||●♦36Epic Normal ●♥38Epic Hard||Undead||Skeleton|
|Forgotten Storm Thrall ( view • edit )||●♦32Epic Normal ●♥35Epic Hard||Undead||Skeleton|
|Forgotten Stormborn ( view • edit )||●♦36Epic Normal ●♥38Epic Hard||Undead||Skeleton|
|Kor Kaza ( view • edit )||●♦35Epic Normal ●♥39Epic Hard||Dragon||Blue Dragon|
|Kor Kaza ( view • edit )||●♦35Epic Normal ●♥39Epic Hard||Dragon||Blue Dragon|
|Storm Fury ( view • edit )||●♥35Epic Hard||Elemental||Air Elemental|
- Dragonblood Prophecy quests
- Epic quests
- Medium quests
- Temple of the Storm quests
- The Marketplace quests
- Agents of Argonnessen patron quests
- Pay to Play quests
- Quests with no traps
- Pages sourced by DDO forums
- Quests by name
- Compendium:Level 32 quests
- Level 32 quests
- Quests with 10 base favor reward
- Quests with maps
- Quests with more than one map
- Links to YouTube
- Legendary raids
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with more than one map
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Epic quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Legendary quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Dragonblood Prophecy quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 10 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 32 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Marketplace quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > Agents of Argonnessen patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Temple of the Storm quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Raids
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Raids > Legendary raids
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > YouTube links > Links to YouTube