Records of the Past
The settlement of Ironvale Deep was abandoned long ago. Now the dwarves hope its ancient libraries can unlock the secrets of the Jewels of Ardor.
|Requires access to : The Mines of Tethyamar|
|Records of the Past|
|Takes place in:||The Ruins of Ironvale Deep|
|Bestowed by:||Freygar Plumbline|
|NPC contact:||Freygar Plumbline|
|Quest acquired in:||Tethyamar Mining Outpost|
|Free to Play:||No|
Freygar Plumbline believes an artifact called the Master Manifest is located deep within one of Tethyamar's abandoned libraries. Go to Ironvale Deep and find the manifest for the Surveyor.
- This is the third of five quests. The quests can be run in any order; however, the first four are required to flag for the final quest.
- Find the abandoned Dwarf settlement
- Find the Master Manifest
- Open the Lower District Door
- Explore the Lower District
- Defeat Kir'tan Melarn
- (Optional) Collect the Mining Records — Bonus (35%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Thorgar Shield-Splitter — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Decaying Battlerager — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Umber Hulk Dwarf-stalker — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Tile and Relay puzzle
- Blades by a large door in the courtyard (disabled by opening the door)
- Blades surrounding chest behind secret door (one box disables most of the traps in the room, few blades near chest remain active)
- Lightning trap on tile puzzle (disabled by deactivating the red tile)
Tips and Misc
- This is a fairly short quest - if you don't worry about optional objectives. You can avoid many fights if you stick to the main path - for example, don't poke your nose into pools of water/lava.
- A stealthy character can complete the quest by killing only two monsters: the summoned bebilith and Kir'tan Melarn, 2 total kills.
- Main quest
- Fight your way through the first courtyard (letters C, D E on the map), continuing due north toward the second courtyard (in the area of letters A and B on the map). Follow the tunnel, pressing north until you hit some stairs, and go up.
- Turn on the light using a lever below the crystal on your right. Do not walk into the beam of light.
- Rotate the mirror (on your left) to reflect the light back south.
- Return to the first courtyard and go to the east area near the ladder. The gate's closed and has spike traps in front of it, but there's a ladder leading up next to it (just don't get too close to the gate).
- Ignore the puzzle for now, and work your way back west to rotate the mirrors to activate the tile puzzle. You will see the light "connect" to the next mirror that you need to turn.
- Solve tile puzzle to open gate east. (This also deactivates the trap.)
- Avoid the two red tiles on either side; this will electrify the puzzle.
- Fight your way east through an underdark tunnel with shrines, killing drow and driders, until you reach more buildings, "the Lower District".
- Defeat the summoned bebelith and Kir'tan Melarn. The quest ends when you pick up the manifest.
- You can kill many of the drow minions scattered in the drow city area before triggering the end fight; stick to the edges of the room and avoid going near the central fountain.
- North-west wing (Mayoral estate)
- This optional area houses the optional skeleton Thorgar, some optional mining records, trapped locked chest behind a secret door, and shrines.
- You can access this area using the second light-beam
- West wing (Forge + Crypt)
- This optional area has shrines at the beginning, then more mining records; crypt hides the Decaying Battlerager optional.
- Bug: Be chary of going into the Decaying Battlerager's crypt without Dimension Door; at times, the door doesn't open back up to let you out. (Alternatively, save it for after the endfight, unless going for the kills bonus.)
- You can access this area using the mirrors.
- Even on solo, elite will always trigger a yellow/orange dungeon alert; it is easy to get stuck among all the enemies in this room due to the harried effect they give you.
- Courtyard hides the umber hulk optional, again activated using the mirrors.
- Devious bonus: 2+ or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 31 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 100-102 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 132 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Five
- 1 behind secret door in Mayoral Estate (locked)
- 1 for killing Thorgar Shield-Splitter
- 1 for killing Decaying Battlerager
- 1 for killing Umber Hulk Dwarf-stalker
- 1 end chest
- Collectables: Four
- Fungus in the courtyard, in the southeast section
- Mushroom near the lever for the main light-beam
- Fungus in the far west room, south of the Decaying Battlerager
- Mushroom in the bend of the eastern passage, northwest of the shrines
- NPC rewards: Standard level-appropriate items; no renown on Legendary.