Third Time's a Charm
The Drow have captured a group of Dwarves and led them off to some sort of camp nearby.
|Requires access to : The Mines of Tethyamar|
|Third Time's a Charm|
|Takes place in:||Drow Camp|
|Bestowed by:||Eluf the Steadfast|
|NPC contact:||Eluf the Steadfast|
|Quest acquired in:||Tethyamar Mining Outpost|
|Free to Play:||No|
After a failed attempt at rescuing the missing miners, Eluf asked you to try saving them yourself.
Head to the Drow Camp and meet up with Rielle Proudforge, the only Dwarf to return safely.
- This is the first of five quests. The quests can be run in any order; however, the first four are required to flag for the final quest.
- Speak to Rielle Proudforge
- Locate the captured Dwarves
- Find the Ambush Location
- Defeat the ambush
- Defeat the guards outside of the outer gate
- Gain access to the northern corridor
- Investigate the southern corridor
- Investigate the northern corridor
- Defeat the guards holding the great hall
- Locate the entrance to the cavern
- Defeat the Priestess and her guards
- Discover a way to free the Dwarves
- Defeat Phy'xzar the Jailer
- Speak to Rielle
- (Optional) Defeat the Magma Brute — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Keep every Dwarf captive alive — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
- Useful Buffs: Acid and Poison resist (vs. Drow attacks), Fire (if going for the Magma Brute optional).
- At various points of the quest, several drow await in ambush. A high enough Spot will allow you to see them before you get close enough to trigger the ambush.
- When you find the ambush location, make sure all characters are at least by the first edge of the pool before continuing into the intersection; a gate drops that will lock them out until the drow are defeated.
- Optional: The Magma Brute, Flare, can be found beyond a Secret Door (DC), north of where the DM tells you "Drag marks and footprints lead off to the south." The stepping stones across the lava appear and disappear, so be mindful of where you jump. Additionally jets of flame spurt into the air. However, even on EE, with fire resist a quick dip in the lava wasn't too bad.
- It's possible to get to the lever behind the gate up the ramp near the dwarf captives, either by jumping across from the opposite ledge or going up the ramp and jumping around the wall. However, the lever doesn't seem to do anything beyond opening the gate to the ramp, making it perhaps the most pointless lever in the game.
- Be mindful of AoEs in the final battle if you want to save the dwarves. Consecration *will* kill them, suggesting that they're not the nicest of dwarves around...
- Aggression bonus: 118 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 153 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 188 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 14 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 18 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four
- One for defeating Uhlsirayn
- One for defeating Flare
- One for defeating Phyrsinil
- One at the end for defeating Phy'xzar
- Collectables: Six
- Fungus to the north of the ramp leading up to the outer gate
- Reagents Cabinet just inside, to the north
- Scroll Rack inside Uhlsirayn's room, next to the rest shrine
- Alchemy Table just past the bridge over the lava, to the west
- Adventurer's Pack in Flare's room.
- Reagent's Cabinet in Phyrsinil's room
- NPC rewards: Standard level-appropriate items; no renown on Legendary.
Named Chest Drop
|Flare (monster) (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Phyrsinil (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Uhlsirayn (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Deep Crawler (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Draegloth Guardian (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Dretch (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Drow Ritualist (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warpriestess (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Dwarven Miner (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Ogre Battle Thrall (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Outpost Archer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Outpost Guard (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Ravenous Umber Hulk (view)||Aberration||Umber Hulk|