The Last Move: Yarkuch's Last Stand
From DDO wiki
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Furious and defiant, Chief Yarkuch is certain to fight to the death.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|The Last Move: Yarkuch's Last Stand|
|Takes place in:||Inner Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Break into the throne room of Chief Yarkuch and slay him!
- This is the tenth (and final) quest in the Assault on Splinterskull quest chain given by Ungurz.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Naarl's Key
- Acquire Krug's Key
- Slay Chief Yarkuch
- (Optional) Slay the shamans trying to reclaim Zulkash's fane - 7 total +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Str check for lever to objective (DC unknown, > 12needs verification)
- Traps (fixed)
- Puzzle (optional, puzzle wheels)
- Fire trap behind the first secret door, along the stairs; box is on the south wall just before the stairs
- Combined blade trap along hallway to Yarkuch's throne room; box is on the west wall just before the trap
- Spike trap further along the hallway, right in front of the shrine door; box is on the east wall just before the trap
- Blade trap in western secret chamber in Yarkuch's throne room; box is on the south wall just before the trap
- 2 dart traps in the eastern secret chamber in Yarkuch's throne room; boxes cannot be located and traps do not active until chest is opened, and then both fire continuously. The northern box is on the north wall near the chest, and when that's disarmed there is (although not shown on map) just enough room from there to hug the eastern wall to access the more southern box of the two.
Tips and Misc
- Like the previous chapter, if you exit this quest before finishing it, you'll have to redo the previous one.
- The bridge is still down.
- Insidious Cunning bonus is impossible to acquire. There are 3 required kills for quest completion, which results in Devious bonus.
- The door to the elemental cave is once again locked and inaccessible.
- Krug can be found in the eastern room of the western wing; Naarl in the western room.
- The optional is triggered by going towards Zulkash's chamber. The Shaman Reclaimers can be found around the eastern wing, one in front of each puzzle wheel and 3 in Zulkash's chamber.
- Hieroglyphs guarding Zulkash's chamber
- Purple: stylized PE (1 turn)
- Red: sort of a backwards F (4 turns)
- Blue: upside-down Y with a dot in the open part (4 turns)
- Green: Vertical line with 2 horizontal lines on right, 4 on left (3 turns)
- Devious bonus: 12 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 13 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 62 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 84 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 69 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three
- Two chests in secret rooms (one to the east, one to the west) in Yarkuch's chamber
- Chest in Yarkuch's throne room - key drops when he dies.
- Collectables: Three
- Cabinet in the eastern room down the western wing
- Bookshelf in alcove in the SE corner of the eastern wing loop
- Adventurer's pack in Yarkuch's throne room, at the top of the stairs to the west
- NPC rewards: Special, Choose from 20, 50-75% chance at every named item below, ones which don't appear will be replaced with an item of similar type/ML (4-5) and also BtA:
Accessories are ML5, weapons and armor are ML6; unless otherwise stated.
- Black Wolfskin Belt - Belt: ,
- Black Wolfskin Cloak - Cloak: with , with
- Blademaster Bracers - Bracers: ,
- Blademaster Gauntlets - Gloves: ,
- Crimson Gemstone - Trinket: ,
- Fanged Wraps - +3 Handwraps: , , ,
- Fist of Daarguul - +3 Club 1.50[1d8]: , ,
- Krugg's Spiked Boots - Boots: , with
- Khyber's Fury - Rune Arm: Exploding Fire Shot (Maximum Charge Tier: II), , Rune Arm Imbue: Fire I, Craftable Rune Arm (+3) (ML: 5)
- Lhor-Tragu's Shadowed Armor - +2 Leather Armor: ML6, , ,
- Spider Silk Robe - Robe: , , ,
- Splinterskull Acolyte Ring - Ring: , ,
- Splinterskull Chainmail - +3 Chainmail:
- Splinterskull Docent - +4 Docent:
- Totemic Staff of Splinterskull - +3 Quarterstaff: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), ,
- Visor of the Flesh Render Guards - Goggles: — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1)
- Warmaster Halfplate - +3 Half plate:
- Whisperdoom's Fang - +3 Dagger 1.50[1d6]: Enfeebling,
- Yarkuch's Greatsword - +3 Greatsword 1.50[2d6]: ,
- Yarkuch's Helm - Helm: , ,
- Zulkash's Bone Necklace - Necklace: , with
|Chief Yarkuch (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Shaman Reclaimer (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|War Master Krug (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|War Master Naarl (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Brown Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Dread Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Slayer (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Witch Doctor (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Worg (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|