The Last Move: The Way to Yarkuch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Last Move: The Way to Yarkuch is the 9th quest in the Assault on Splinterskull .|
|First Strike • The Hobgoblins' Captives • Yarkuch's War-plans • Whisperdoom's Spawn • The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key • The Deadly Package: Agent of the Darguul • Doom of the Witch-doctor: The Way to Zulkash • Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe • The Last Move: The Way to Yarkuch • The Last Move: Yarkuch's Last Stand|
Your skirmishes have exposed Splinterskull to a final assault. It is time to do battle with Chief Yarkuch and his war-masters.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|The Last Move: The Way to Yarkuch|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Purchase:||Tangleroot Gorge or VIP|
Break into the throne room of Chief Yarkuch and slay him!
- Make your way once more through the Outer Fortress, on your way to the final confrontation with Chief Yarkuch.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Get to the entrance to Splinterskull's inner stronghold
- (Optional) Slay War Master Muurj — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Ability check (optional; 16 Strength required to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Last Move: Yarkuch's Last Stand)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; control panel is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; control panel is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; control panel is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; control panel is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- Rejoice, for this is your last time through the outer fortress! This time, you can face War-Master Muurj on your way. He can be found in the central chamber.
- The door to the Inner Fortress is still open; once you pass the threshold, the quest is completed.
- Once more, if you leave before completing the second (inner fortress) portion of this set, you'll have to go through this quest again.
- Once again, there's no real need to go into the lever rooms or the storage rooms unless you want the trap or breakables XP bonuses.
- You don't receive favor until after completing the next quest.
- Insidious Cunning bonus: 0 or fewer monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Devious bonus: 2 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 12 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 46 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 60 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 73 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three (same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Ten
- Two Mushrooms down the South-west tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the South-east tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventurer's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the North-west tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the South tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: None
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Black Widow ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider Prince ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Gray Ooze ( view • )||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Hobgoblin Cleric ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Patrol Leader ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Slayer ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Night Scorpion ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|War Master Muurj ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Worg ( view • )||Magical Beast||Wolf|