The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
A poisoned cup delivers death both vile and swift. Press onward to your clandestine meeting with the hobgoblin assassin, Lhor-Tragu.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Bring the poison ingredients to the assassin Lhor-Tragu, deep within Splinterskull.
- Make your way through the Outer Stronghold once more, but this time to open the way into the Inner Stronghold!
|The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key is the 5th quest in the Assault on Splinterskull .|
|First Strike • The Hobgoblins' Captives • Yarkuch's War-plans • Whisperdoom's Spawn • The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key • The Deadly Package: Agent of the Darguul • Doom of the Witch-doctor: The Way to Zulkash • Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe • The Last Move: The Way to Yarkuch • The Last Move: Yarkuch's Last Stand|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Stronghold Key
- Use the key to find the way to the Splinterskull's inner stronghhold
- (Optional) Slay 5 (Hobgoblin Avengers) — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat check (optional; STR to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Deadly Package: Agent of the Darguul)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; box is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; box is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; box is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; box is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- This is the map that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends... This time, you get to play with Hobgoblin Avengers, who are larger, orange-named hobgoblins.
- The Hobgoblin Avengers are found in a direct line from the start of the quest to the end: between the guard rooms, the hallway leading to the throne room, the throne room, the hallway leading to the cave loop, and right in front of the exit.
- The key can be found in the northeastern spider cave, in a chest guarded by hobgoblins.
- XP is rewarded after using the key on the gate to the inner stronghold. You MUST proceed to the next quest, Agent of the Darguul, without recalling to Chief Ungurz; if you leave before completing it, you will have to go through this quest once more.
- That actually makes this quest good for farming collectables; as soon as you finish it, you can recall out and start again.
- There is no longer any remnant of the prisoner who died of scorpion poison 3 quests ago. Not even a ghost. You may loot his chest in peace.
- You don't receive Favor until after completing the next quest.
- Insidious Cunning bonus: <=1 or fewer monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Devious bonus: 8 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 64 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three (same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Ten
- Two Mushrooms down the SW tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the SE tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventurer's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the NW tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the S tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: none