The Hobgoblins' Captives
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
You have embarked on a grim expedition into the prisons of Splinterskull. Tales of hobgoblin captivity are horrifying, even to hardened veterans.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|The Hobgoblins' Captives|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Six Reach-folk have fallen into the clutches of the Splinterskull hobgoblins. Break at least five of them out.
- Rescue 5 prisoners from Splinterskull
- (Optional) Slay Hobgoblin Warden — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Destroy 25 Weapon Crates — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat check (optional; STR to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; box is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; box is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; box is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; box is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- There are 2 prisoners at each cellblock and 1 at the central chamber. There is a Skittish Prisoner at the secret chamber (behind the door in the scorpion pit) in the eastern cells but he succumbs to scorpion poison.
- Entering the central chamber will trigger the first optional quest. Upon slaying the Hobgoblin Warden, 2 keys will drop allowing access to storage rooms at the southern part of each cellblock. This will trigger the second optional quest. Alternately, you can pick the locks of the two rooms with the weapons crates.
- The killables bonus can be achieved by farming the three respawning spiders in the north-eastern cave or by continuing past where the narrator warns you it is too dangerous to continue.
- Devious bonus: 4 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 78 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 102 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 125 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 65 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 104 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Five (last three are the same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One in the western storeroom
- One in the eastern storeroom
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Nine (same spots in all Outer Fortress quests)
- Mushroom down the SW tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the SE tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventure's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the NW tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the S tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: None
|Black Widow (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider Prince (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Darkfang Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Hobgoblin Cleric (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Guard (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Warden (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Lesser Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Night Scorpion (view)||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Worg (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|