Doom of the Witch-doctor: The Way to Zulkash
Zulkash, witch doctor of the Dark Six, awaits your coming. Mocking laughter echoes in your mind.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|Doom of the Witchdoctor: The Way to Zulkash|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Slay the witch-doctor Zulkash in his fane, deep within Splinterskull, and destroy his totem of power.
- Make your way through the outer fortress once again, this time on your way to kill the witch-doctor Zulkash.
|Doom of the Witch-doctor: The Way to Zulkash is the 7th quest in the Assault on Splinterskull .|
|First Strike • The Hobgoblins' Captives • Yarkuch's War-plans • Whisperdoom's Spawn • The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key • The Deadly Package: Agent of the Darguul • Doom of the Witch-doctor: The Way to Zulkash • Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe • The Last Move: The Way to Yarkuch • The Last Move: Yarkuch's Last Stand|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Make your way to Splinterskull's inner stronghold
- (Optional) Slay 9 Glass Spiders — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat check (optional; STR to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; box is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; box is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; box is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; box is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- This should be familiar by now... same as before, except with glass spiders instead of hobgoblin avengers. Glass spiders can be found in the hallway after the central chamber, in the spider caves around the loop, and in the passage to the inner stronghold. Be careful fighting around the no-longer-locked door to the inner stronghold, if you're still going after bonuses; if you pass the threshold going after a glass spider, you'll complete the quest.
- Once again, if you leave before completing the second (inner fortress) portion of this set, you'll have to go through this quest again. Like The Stronghold Key, this makes this quest a popular place to farm collectables, especially the valuable Lightning-Split Soarwood.
- You don't receive favor until after completing the next quest.
- Insidious Cunning bonus: 0 or fewer monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Devious bonus: 9 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 50 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 65 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 85 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three (same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Ten
- Two Mushrooms down the SW tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the SE tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventurer's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the NW tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the S tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: None
|Black Widow (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider Prince (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Glass Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Hobgoblin Cleric (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Patrol Leader (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Slayer (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Night Scorpion (view)||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Worg (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|