Splinterskull rumbles with preparations for war. Tread cautiously, for the dread spider Blood-drinker prowls in the shadows.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|Yarkuch's War Plans|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter Splinterskull again, hunt down the hobgoblins' three master tacticians, and take their combat orders, patrol map and troop roster. Kill them if necessary.
- This is the third in the Assault on Splinterskull quest chain given by Ungurz.
- Acquire Combat Orders
- Acquire Patrol Map
- Acquire Troop Roster
- (Optional) Slay Blood-drinker — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat check (optional; STR to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; box is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; box is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; box is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; box is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- Third verse, same as the first... now with extra Hobgoblin Tacticianage!
- The hobgoblins must be tired of locking up after a visit; the portcullis is now left open, as are the two guardrooms with the levers and the storerooms off the cellblocks.
- The quest items (Troop Roster, Patrol Map and Combat Orders) are dropped by Hobgoblin Tacticians. They can all be discarded immediately after being picked up without affecting the outcome of the quest if storage space is at a premium, although they're also automatically removed from the inventory upon exit.
- The three Hobgoblin Tacticians can be found in the eastern cell block, the northeastern spider cave, and on the lookout.
- If the last Tactician fight is too hard it is often possible to get them to chase you through the spinblade traps, where many or all of them will die! Jumping off the ledge to the hallway below is a simple method to do this.
- Alternately, you can attack one of the hobgoblins on the ledge from the tunnel below, and just wait for the tactician to run through the traps and down to you, bypassing the blades and spinners entirely.
- The poor prisoner who died from the scorpion poison last quest is now a zombie. Braaaaaaaain... him.
- Blood-drinker can be found in the spider cave at the southeastern corner of the map.
- Devious bonus: 5 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 17 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 57 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 74 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 91 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: ** Conquest is obtainable only by killing everything in the quest, including killing the three oozes that spawn near the start twice.
- Chests: Four (last three are the same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One for killing Blood-drinker
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Nine (same spots in all Outer Fortress quests)
- Mushroom down the SW tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the SE tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventurer's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the NW tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the S tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: None
|Hobgoblin Tactician (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Black Widow (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider Prince (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Darkfang Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Hobgoblin Cleric (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Guard (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Lesser Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Night Scorpion (view)||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Worg (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Zombie (view)||QL1:; QL2/QL3:||Undead||Zombie|