Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe is the 8th quest in the Assault on Splinterskull .|
|First Strike • The Hobgoblins' Captives • Yarkuch's War-plans • Whisperdoom's Spawn • The Deadly Package: The Stronghold Key • The Deadly Package: Agent of the Darguul • Doom of the Witch-doctor: The Way to Zulkash • Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe • The Last Move: The Way to Yarkuch • The Last Move: Yarkuch's Last Stand|
The witch doctor Zulkash will surely meet your advance with all his powers of evil and chaos.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|Doom Of The Witch Doctor: Zulkash, Herald Of Woe|
|Takes place in:||Inner Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Purchase:||Tangleroot Gorge or VIP|
Slay the witch-doctor Zulkash in his fane, and destroy his totem of power.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Slay Zulkash the Witch-doctor
- Destroy the Splinterskull totem
- (Optional) Find the way to the elemental's cave — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 3 Large Earth Elementals — Bonus (40%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Fire traps behind the secret door, along the stairs; control panel is on the south wall just before the stairs
Tips and Misc
- Like the previous chapter, if you exit this quest before finishing it, you'll have to redo the previous one.
- The bridge is still down
- Insidious Cunning bonus is impossible to acquire. There are 2 required kills for quest completion, which results in Devious bonus.
- Hieroglyphs warding Zulkash's chamber counter-clock-wise (1,4,4,3):
- Purple: 1 turn (stylized PE)
- Red: 4 turns (sort of a backwards F)
- Blue: 4 turns (upside-down Y with a dot in the open part)
- Green: 3 turns (Vertical line with 2 horizontal lines on right, 4 on left)
- The northern area of the west wing is still inaccessible
- Zulkash drops the key to the elemental cave, as well as a Grimoire, and 2 Potions of Water Breathing.
- It's a long swim to the elemental cave; even with no armor penalties, it's tough to get through on one breath. The elementals don't awaken until you set foot on the isle in the middle, giving your party an opportunity to regroup on one of the many ledges around the edges for buffing up before the fight.
- Zulkash's Grimoire may be safely destroyed at any point.
- Devious bonus: 10 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 58 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 75 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 69 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: two
- One in Zulkash's room
- One in the Elemental cave
- Collectables: Three
- Cabinet in the eastern room down the western wing
- Bookshelf in alcove in the southwest corner of the eastern wing loop
- Mushroom on a ledge along the south wall of the elemental room
- NPC rewards: None
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Brown Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Dread Zombie ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Slayer ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Witch Doctor ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Large Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Totem Pole ( view • )||0||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Worg ( view • )||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Zulkash the Witch-Doctor ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|