Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe
From DDO wiki
The witch doctor Zulkash will surely meet your advance with all his powers of evil and chaos.
|Requires access to : Tangleroot Gorge|
|Doom Of The Witch Doctor: Zulkash, Herald Of Woe|
|Takes place in:||Inner Splinterskull Fortress|
|Bestowed by:||Chief Ungurz|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Slay the witch-doctor Zulkash in his fane, and destroy his totem of power.
- This is the eighth in the Assault on Splinterskull quest chain given by Ungurz.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Zulkash the Witch-doctor
- Destoy the Splinterskull totem
- (Optional) Find the way to the elemental's cave — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 3 Large Earth Elementals — Bonus (40%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Puzzle (puzzle wheels)
- Fire traps behind the secret door, along the stairs; box is on the south wall just before the stairs
Tips and Misc
- Like the previous chapter, if you exit this quest before finishing it, you'll have to redo the previous one.
- The bridge is still down
- Insidious Cunning bonus is impossible to acquire. There are 2 required kills for quest completion, which results in Devious bonus.
- Hieroglyphs warding Zulkash's chamber counter-clock-wise (1,4,4,3):
- Purple: stylized PE (1 turn)
- Red: sort of a backwards F (4 turns)
- Blue: upside-down Y with a dot in the open part (4 turns)
- Green: Vertical line with 2 horizontal lines on right, 4 on left (3 turns)
- The northern area of the west wing is still inaccessible
- Zulkash drops the key to the elemental cave, as well as a Grimoire and 2 Waterbreathing potions.
- It's a long swim to the elemental cave; even with no armor penalties, it's tough to get through on one breath. The elementals don't awaken until you set foot on the isle in the middle, giving your party an opportunity to regroup on one of the many ledges around the edges for buffing up before the fight.
- Zulkash's Grimoire may be safely destroyed at any point.
- Devious bonus: 10 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 58 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 75 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 69 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: two
- One in Zulkash's room
- One in the Elemental cave
- Collectables: Three
- Cabinet in the eastern room down the western wing
- Bookshelf in alcove in the southwest corner of the eastern wing loop
- Mushroom on a ledge along the south wall of the elemental room
- NPC rewards: None