Thrall of the Necromancer
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The necromancer who controlled Delera's shade has returned to the scene of his evil acts. Kill him and return Delera's freedom.
|Requires access to : Delera's Tomb|
|Thrall of the Necromancer|
|Takes place in:||Necromancer's Lair|
|Bestowed by:||Hargo Kimmare|
|NPC contact:||Hargo Kimmare|
|Quest acquired in:||Delera's Graveyard|
|Free to Play:||No|
|Thrall of the Necromancer is the 5th quest in the Delera's Tomb .|
|The Mystery of Delera's Tomb • The Missing Party • Free Delera • Return to Delera's Tomb • Thrall of the Necromancer|
The necromancer who forced Delera's shade to do his bidding has returned to the graveyard, along with his lieutenant, Zan'glaen the Butcher. Kill Dreadlord Giddeon to prevent him from controlling Delera again.
- It is not obvious after completing this quest, but to complete the Quest line, go to the right side door of Delera's Tomb, enter and speak with Delera.
- Slay Dreadlord Giddeon
- (Optional) Slay Zan'Glaen +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- There is fairly dangerous fire trap down the first corridor, between the last two pillars; control box is on the east wall just before the trap.
- Poison trap down the next corridor, where it expands; no box, but easily avoidable.
- Cold trap further down the corridor, at the corner; control box is on the east wall past the trap.
- Poison trap just beyond; control box is on the east wall past the trap.
- Western Wing
- The first large room contains a large spike trap; control box is on the north wall, east of the door. Spikes don't activate until after pulling either one of the levers (either to the south or north).
- Fire dart (does fire and bludgeon damage) trap along the hallway; control box is on the south face of the first pillar.
- Eastern Wing
- Spike and dart traps before the door at the end of the corridor; no control boxes, but pull the third lever (nearest the door) to open the door. The other levers activate the traps
- There is an area where the floor drops into a shallow pit with some oozes; no way to prevent this.
Tips and Misc
- To receive this quest, you have to speak to Hargo twice, then speak to Delera. When you speak to Hargo the second time, you will have to option to pay him 1,000 platinum or Bluff him to advance the quest (requires Bluff skill of 3). When speaking to Delera, ensure your entire party is with you in the dungeon (or have already completed this step), then walk all the way up to her to ensure that the quest completes, then speak with her. This is important because this short part actually grants favor.
- In the first major room with 8 levers, you only need to pull the second one on the left to open the door to continue the quest. The other 7 will spawn skeletons.
- Stepping on the pressure plates in the large central room will both open the associated door and spawn an undead ambush.
- Bug: When fighting the necromancer at the end, as soon as you kill him, most of the undead in the room will die as well. Therefore it's usually a good idea for everyone to focus on him first - however avoid killing him too quick, as if you kill him in under ~2 seconds, the script that kills all his undead minions will not activate.
- Warning: This boss necromancer has the Phantasmal Killer spell, which can instantly slay a player if they fail both saves. Having either deathward or greater heroism buffs are recommended to prevent this. If neither are available, an item with deathblock will work also.
- There is just one Shrine, so be wise with your buffs.
- The locked chests at the end have a very low unlock DC. You can use Knock scrolls from The Marketplace vendor if you don't have another way to do unlock them; on elite you just need a roll of 10 for the right one and 14 for the left one.
- Aggression bonus: 76 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 99 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 122 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 35 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 56 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 optional for killing Zan'Glaen (Wight, found at the end of the east wing)
- 1 at the end for killing Dreadlord Giddeon (Human Necromancer). Can contain named loot.
- 2 locked at the end
- Collectables: Four
- Crude Altar under the first staircase
- Adventurer's Pack in the second corridor, past the traps
- Mushroom in the western wing, between the two dart traps
- Cabinet in the southeast corner of the first room in the eastern wing
- NPC rewards: After completing the quest, you can return to the right-side door of Delera's Tomb (entrance to part three) and talk to her for some random and static end rewards. These are listed below. On Epic (need to check heroic) the only options are Epic Voice of the Master or Voice of the Master and the usual comms/Heart Seeds.
|Dreadlord Giddeon (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Arcane Skeleton (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Armored Wight (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Black Pudding (view)||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Ghostly Skeleton (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Human Necromancer (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Skeleton Archer (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Wight Priest (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Wight (view)||QL2:; QL3:||Undead||Wight|
Unique End Reward List
Generally, weapons and armor are ML6, accessories are ML7, all bind to account (unless otherwise noted).
- Blacklace Blindfold - Goggles: , , ,
- Boneshard Flute - +2 Club: 1.25[1d6], — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), , ,
- Carnifex - +2 Greataxe (17-20/x3 crit): ML4, Keen
- Coronach - Rune Arm: Light Spirals (Maximum Charge Tier: III), Life Shield, Coronach, Rune Arm Imbue: Light II, Craftable Rune Arm (+3)
- Delera's Vestment - +5 Robe: ,
- Devotion - +3 Handwraps: , , Req: Good or UMD 20, , BtCoE
- Docent of the Tomb - +4 Docent: , , , ,
- Golden Cartouche - Necklace: with ,
- Headman's Hood - Helm: — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1), ,
- Hellfire Cloak - Cloak: , with Acid 10, with Sonic 10
- Iron Manacles - Bracers: , (Requires Chaotic Alignment or Use magic device of 20)
- Linen Handwraps - Gloves: , ,
- Obsidian Dagger - +3 Dagger: 1.25[2d3], , ,
- Rusted Shirt - +3 Chain shirt: with +2 CON
- Serpentbranch - +3 Longbow: 1.25[1d8], , , ,
- Sigil of Stormreach - Ring: , with +2 CHA
- Silverflame Hauberk - +3 Half plate: ,
- Skeleton Key - Trinket: ,
- Sparkstriker - +3 Heavy pick: 1.25[1d6], , ,
- Switchblade Boots - Boots: ,
- Trapsmith's Toolbelt - Belt: , ,
- Wighthide Armor - +3 Hide armor: with +2 STR
- Wrath of Siberys - +3 Heavy steel shield: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), Blinding, , Lesser Heroism (+1 morale bonus to attacks/saves/skills),
- Voice of the Master - Trinket: +1 Good Luck, Heroic Inspiration (+5% additional xp from quest completions) (ML5, BtC) (always in the list)