Another Man's Treasure
|Requires access to : White Plume Mountain and Other Tales|
|Another Man's Treasure|
|Takes place in:||Stormreach Dump|
|Bestowed by:||Bimbog Jabyt|
|NPC contact:||Bimbog Jabyt|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
Kobolds have been finding oddly-shaped platinum objects in the Stormreach Dump. Bimbog Jabyt asked you to speak to Scrapfoot, the local Scavengers' Union Foreman, to see if you can find out more about the strange phenomenon.
- Speak with the Kobold Scavenger Union Foreman
- Find a way to bypass the magical barriers in the bottom of the dump (3)
- Find a way to open the yellow barrier
- Find a way to open the green barrier
- Find a way to open the red barrier
- Investigate beyond the barriers
- Disrupt the Wizard's platinum workshop (3)
- Disable the arcane locks gating access to the Wizard's sanctum (3)
- Confront the Wizard
- Save Stormreach
- (Optional) Defeat the troglodytes
- (Optional) Investigate the dump for clues
What to Expect
- Spike traps (not hidden) in the water tunnel/slide leading down from starting platform, and spike/electric traps in the underwater tunnel/maze leading west from the main room.
- Spikes in water tunnel leading down from initial starting area, not difficult to avoid. You can skip the tunnel/slide entirely by jumping down from the starting platform (by doing so you forego the "defeat the troglodytes" optional).
- Spikes and electric traps (no control boxes) in the water tunnel/maze leading (past bat socket) to the red barrier lever. These can be avoided by swimming around them or timing them. In one small section there is flowing water (ala The Crucible) which makes it a little more difficult: stay in the middle and right on the very bottom of the floor here.
Tips and Misc
- Central area
Find three crests. Each crest opens a wing. Complete the objective in each wing to open the bottom barrier:
- Two of the three levers will spawn a Dimension Door that will take you back to near the dump site, the third is a very short walk.
- Yellow (north): Pull the lever located in the middle of an invisible maze.
- If you hold carefully to the "left-hand" wall of the invisible maze, it will take you almost 360o clockwise around the room, then straight in to the center.
- Hint: Pets and hirelings can easily find their way to the center; select the lever and order them to "use" it.
- Pulling the lever here provides a convenient Dimension Door for characters to return to the dump site.
- Green (south): Kill the leader of the Ironwood Company, a one-on-one fight with a tough melee.
- The small-ish fighting area is surrounded by an acid pool.
- It's a short walk back to the dump site.
- Red (west): A long, twisting swimming tunnel with static spikes on (variously) the floors, walls and ceiling, and lightning traps. Swim cautiously, all can be avoided or timed.
- The path to the lever is to the right, the short left-hand branch has no traps, and leads only to a dead end and a collectable.
- The obstacles become more challenging as you progress. Toward the end there is a current that will try to pull you in to the spikes, starting with some on the right-hand wall.
- Pulling the lever here provides a convenient Dimension Door for you to return to the hall at the start of the maze, which is a short walk from the dump site.
As an optional objective, you can kill some troglodytes in the sewer tunnel (down the "slide"). See comments under "Traps", above.
Another optional objective, you can find some clues in the dump
- Scroll to the left just after the entrance to the quest, behind/under a lean-to.
- Kobold Statue in central chamber
- Glittering Mailbox in central chamber
- Scroll - found just inside snake/green/southern tunnel (1st alcove on left)
- Platinum workshop to 3 Dimension Doors
Kill mobs here and pull three levers to activate three dimension doors. Step into each door (in any order) and complete the objectives:
- (Blue) Puzzle: Turn all tiles adjacent to the 8 red trap tiles to "off", and turn all the corner tiles appropriately, the rest is pretty easy. The central power tile can be rotated.
- Oddly, not all must be lit at the same time, so long as they get lit at some point.
- (Orange) Maze: The goal is to pull a lever on the floor.
- The location of the lever is semi-random. Same with a collectable.
- Heavy gravity prevents jumping onto the walls, but you can jump to get a glimpse of the layout of the maze.
- Within the maze there is also a stairway up to on top of the walls. One can easily jump across from wall to wall.
- (Purple) 3 Riddles; incorrect answers trigger a fight:
- Q: Sharn? A: manifest zone of Syrania
- Q: The Twelve? A: 13 floors
- Q: Wealth and Trade? A: Kol Korran
- End fight
Proceed past where the last three dimension doors had been to one final dimension door. Buff up, talk to the wizard, kill his platinum beasts, talk to him again and destroy the red crystals surrounding his power circle.
- Discreet bonus: 36 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 9 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- End chest
- Collectables: 4
- Fungus near the bottom of the water slide (you have to go down the slide to get it)
- Adventurer's Pack down the left underwater path past the red barrier
- Rubble in the maze past the orange dimension door
- Alchemy table in the wizard's sanctum (end fight)
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop