Another Man's Treasure
|Requires access to : White Plume Mountain and Other Tales|
|Another Man's Treasure|
|Takes place in:||Stormreach Dump|
|Bestowed by:||Bimbog Jabyt|
|NPC contact:||Bimbog Jabyt|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
Kobolds have been finding oddly-shaped platinum objects in the Stormreach Dump. Bimbog Jabyt asked you to speak to Scrapfoot, the local Scavengers' Union Foreman, to see if you can find out more about the strange phenomenon.
- Speak with the Kobold Scavenger Union Foreman
- Find a way to bypass the magical barriers in the bottom of the dump (3)
- Find a way to open the yellow barrier
- Find a way to open the green barrier
- Find a way to open the red barrier
- Investigate beyond the barriers
- Disrupt the Wizard's platinum workshop (3)
- Disable the arcane locks gating access to the Wizard's sanctum (3)
- Confront the Wizard
- Save Stormreach
- (Optional) Defeat the troglodytes — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Investigate the dump for clues — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Spike traps (not hidden) in the water tunnel/slide leading down from starting platform, and spike/electric traps in the underwater tunnel/maze leading west from the main room.
- Spikes in optional water tunnel leading down from near the initial starting area, not difficult to avoid. See Tips, below.
- Spikes and electric traps (no control panels) in the water tunnel/maze leading (past bat socket) to the red barrier lever. These can be avoided by swimming around them or timing them. In one small section there is flowing water (ala The Crucible) which makes it a little more difficult: stay in the middle and right on the very bottom of the floor here.
Tips and Misc
- There are 2 shrine locations (not shown on map, above right). A resurrection shrine (only) is located near the Rat Socket (the underwater challenge), leading west from the floor level of the area. A standard Rest/Resurrection pair is located east from the floor level once that barrier is open.
- Unfortunately, once in the final room for the end fight, there is no way to get back to a shrine (without Dimension Door).
- Optional objective: From the entry area, go left to the water "slide" leading down. After dodging several spikes (featherfall helps!), kill some troglodytes at the bottom. A long*, simple swim up then leads to the trap doors near the Monkey socket. See comments under "Traps", above.
- (* There is a nearby clump of moss that gives Water Breathing)
- Central area
Find three crests. Each crest fits in a socket to open a wing. Complete the objective in each wing to open the bottom barrier.
- Two of the three levers will spawn a Dimension Door that will take you back to near the dump site, the third is a very short walk.
- Green snake socket (south): Kill the leader of the Ironwood Company, a tough melee opponent.
- The small-ish fighting area is surrounded by an acid pool.
- It's a short walk back to the dump site.
- Yellow monkey socket (north): Pull the lever located in the middle of an invisible maze.
- If you hold carefully to the "left-hand" wall of the invisible maze, it will take you almost 360o clockwise around the room, then straight in to the center.
- Hint: Pets and hirelings can easily find their way to the center; select the lever and order them to "use" it.
- Pulling the lever here provides a convenient Dimension Door for characters to return to the dump site.
- Red bat socket (west): A long, twisting swimming tunnel with static spikes on (variously) the floors, walls and ceiling, and lightning traps. Swim cautiously, all can be avoided or timed.
- The path to the lever is to the right, the short left-hand branch has no traps, and leads only to a dead end and a collectable.
- The obstacles become more challenging as you progress. Toward the end there is a current that will try to pull you in to the spikes, starting with some on the right-hand wall.
- Pulling the lever here provides a convenient Dimension Door for you to return to the hall at the start of the maze, which is a short walk from the dump site.
- Optional objective: find 4 clues in the dump
- Scroll to the left just after the entrance to the quest, behind/under a lean-to.
- Kobold Statue in central chamber
- Glittering Mailbox in central chamber
- Scroll - found just inside snake/green/southern tunnel (1st alcove on left)
- Platinum workshop to 3 Dimension Doors
This area (and the shrine in the hallway leading to it) opens once all the above challenges are completed. Kill mobs here and pull three levers to activate three dimension doors. Step into each door (in any order) and complete the objectives:
- (Blue) Puzzle: Turn all tiles adjacent to the 8 red trap tiles to "off", and turn all the corner tiles appropriately, the rest is pretty easy. The central power tile can be rotated.
- Oddly, not all must be lit at the same time, so long as they get lit at some point.
- (Orange) Maze: The goal is to pull a lever on the floor.
- The location of the lever is semi-random. Same with a collectable.
- Heavy gravity prevents jumping onto the walls, but you can jump to get a glimpse of the layout of the maze.
- Within the maze there is also a stairway up to on top of the walls. One can easily jump across from wall to wall.
- (Purple) 3 Riddles; incorrect answers trigger a fight:
- Q: City of Sharn, what is the reason behind the name? A: manifest zone of Syrania
- Q: Number of floors in the Tower of the Twelve? A: 13 floors
- Q: Which member of the Sovereign Host is known as the patron of Wealth and Trade? A: Kol Korran
- End fight
Proceed past where the last three dimension doors had been to one final dimension door. Buff up, talk to the wizard, kill his platinum beasts, talk to him again and destroy the red crystals surrounding his power circle.
- Discreet bonus: 36 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 9 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- End chest
- Collectables: 4
- Fungus near the bottom of the water slide (you have to go down the slide to get it)
- Adventurer's Pack down the left underwater path past the red barrier
- Rubble in the maze past the orange dimension door
- Alchemy table in the wizard's sanctum (end fight)
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop