The Archons' Trial
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The Archons of Shavarath would make formidable allies for the Gatekeepers. Yet the Celestials will only give their aid to those who prove themselves worthy.
|Requires access to : Trials of the Archons|
|The Archons' Trial|
|Takes place in:||Citadel of the Dawn|
|Quest acquired in:||Amrath|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Archons wish to test whether you have what it takes to make a worthy ally. Travel to the Citadel of the Dawn and undergo the Archons' trials.
- Pass all of the Archon's Trials
- Speak with A'taris the Herald
- Clear the Demons from the Courtyard
- Enter the Main Gate
- Speak with A'enar the Deva
- Pass the Trial of Agility
- Speak with Lir'anel the Deva
- Pass the Trial of Endurance
- Find the Lever that controls the Barrier
- Speak with Ti'Ana the Deva
- Pass the Trial of Intelligence
- Speak with Rhi'enne the Planetar
- Pass the Trial of Strength
- Trial of Agility - Mechanic's path
- 3 Locked Doors
- Spike Trap, first door
- Blade trap, on Stairs
- Electrical Trap, corridor after stairs
- Electrical Trap, corridor before locked door
- Trail of Agility - Alternative route to Mechanic's Path
- Electrical floor
- Trial of Intelligence
- Electrical floor
Tips and Misc
- The Mechanic's Path additionally contains several waves of monsters, while the alternate path does not.
- After the Third Puzzle in the Test of Intelligence (see right), there is what looks like a 4th, an absurdly easy 1-piece puzzle - but it's not. If you "solve" it, two things happen - the floor becomes electrified, and simultaneously you have one more fight. Instead, or if you solve this trap-puzzle (and are told "You chose poorly..."), there is a tiny button on the left side of the exit gateway to the Test of Strength. This button does not register as an object when you use the q key, so you have to find it visually and use it via a mouse-click.
- The lantern archons will spam searing lights, and the trumpet archons love using blade barrier and flamestrike.
- Evil weapons will help the end fight, which is against good Archons. On Elite difficulty, Rhi'enne the Planetar has extremely high DR/Evil.
- The Jariliths and Reavers on Heroic Elite have DRs upwards to 45 for their respective weapons - be sure to bring weapons to bypass their DR.
- Bug: If you die and release at any point in the quest, it will automatically reset (no 5 minute timer).
- Aggression bonus: 158+ or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 29 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One in the Mechanic's path (behind at least one locked door; may also be locked itself); on a platform above the room with the first shrine, so may be possible to get there without a rogue.
- One after the Trial of Endurance, on the upper platform after the locked portcullis.
- One at the end, with named loot.
- Collectables: 3 (may be others on the Mechanic's Path)
- Rubble in the tar in the Trial of Agility
- Rubble at the top of the stairs in the Trial of Endurance
- Cabinet near the shrine after the Trial of Endurance
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
- [https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/466199-Boss-Fight-in-Trials-of-the-Archons Boss Fight in Trials of the Archons/Trials of the Archons