Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Amrath floats high above, secured to the ground by colossal chains. The Codex page the Archon spoke of must be nearby. Recover the page before the Demons can reinforce the area and take the page back to their lair.
|Requires access to : Trials of the Archons|
|Takes place in:||Amrath's Anchor|
|Quest acquired in:||Amrath|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Archons wish to obtain a page of the Codex of Infinite Planes that has been spotted nearby - but a swarm of Demons has beaten them to it.
Travel to Amrath's Anchor, defeat the Demons, and retrieve the Codex page.
- Retrieve the page from the Codex of Infinite Planes.
- Travel across the bridge to investigate the area.
- Defeat Demon reinforcements as they appear.
- Defeat the Demon reinforcements.
- Defeat additional Demon reinforcements. (3 total)
- Defeat the Demon reinforcements to gain access to the upper platform.
- (Optional) Investigate the cavern opening above. +2.5% Bonus.
Tips and Misc
- Each portal will spawn three waves of demons before closing. Once you get to the additional reinforcements, Shavarath Blades will spawn, disappearing when their attendant portal is closed.
- Shrines will appear after several portals are closed.
- Dae directs you West to the end fight and East to the cavern; it's actually South and North, respectively.
- The optionals are fairly linear: Enter the cavern and run forward; fight to the end; talk to Mythant; fight Lady Mourne.
- Be warned: Once you talk to Mythant, the door to the Jailer's room opens; if you approach too closely, she *will* notice you, and the door will close. You won't be able to attack her, but she *will* be able to attack you, so make sure to shrine and buff *before* anyone approaches the door (better still, do so before speaking to Mythant!)
- Once you enter the Jailer's room or the upper platform (for the end fight), gates will close behind you. Waypoints do appear so people aren't locked out; however, there is no exit.
- After defeating the Jailer, a waypoint will appear behind the chest; this takes you directly to the end fight, so be careful looting.
- Also be careful looting the end chest: mobs will continue to spawn almost on top of it. Either loot quickly, or designate somebody to get aggro while others loot.
- Once the quest is complete, the gate will re-open; mobs will not pass this point, making for a safe haven for the designated aggroer; this tactic may also prevent new mobs from spawning.
- Despite the quest's name, reminiscent of Devil Assault, this quest does not give any Tokens of the Twelve or Green Steel crafting ingredients. Unlike "Devil Assault", this quest's layout allows you to fall back and adjust your tactics, rather than keep to a full-out combat strategy.
- Aggression bonus: 63 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 82 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 100 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 19 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- Collectables: 5
- 2 Adventurer's Packs in the courtyard with the 3rd-5th portals
- Crude Altar in the courtyard with the 6th portal
- Fungus in the caverns leading to the missing Archanaloth
- Adventurer's Pack in the cavern with the jailer
- NPC rewards: Standard choice of loot.