The Friar's Niece
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Update 45
Try to learn what has befallen Marguerite, the innocent niece of Friar Renau.
|Requires access to : The Catacombs|
|The Friar's Niece|
|Takes place in:||The Sanctuary|
|Bestowed by:||Friar Renau|
|NPC contact:||Friar Renau|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Go to the Catacombs and search the Sanctuary and for any evidence of Marguerite, or any evidence of what has become of her.
|The Friar's Niece is the 1st quest in The Catacombs .|
|The Friar's Niece • To Find a Witness: Return to the Sanctuary • The Old Archives • The Crypt of Gerard Dryden • Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral • Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt • Endgame: Marguerite • Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find a lever to lift the gate to the North Wing
- Search for Marguerite in the North Wing, or find evidence of what has become of her
- Escape the Sanctuary
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters. It should be noted that in Update 45 the spiders and bats were replaced by Corrupted Spiderlings and Corrupted Giant Spiders. The corrupted spiders have resistance to fire.
Tips and Misc
- Pictures of the two locked doors and the Open Lock DCs to pick them can be found in the above link.
- The zombies littering the hallway of the North Wing don't awaken until somebody reads the note in Marguerite's cell.
- The chest that is targetable through the east wall as you first enter the North Wing is unreachable.
- You must speak to Friar Renau twice after quest completion to advance the Catacombs story arc.
- Insidious Cunning bonus: 0 or fewer monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Devious bonus: 4 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 8 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 28 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 34 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Notes: The 20 breakables in this quest is not enough to get the mischief bonus.
- Chests: 2-3
- 1 behind the locked door in the West Wing (not guaranteed to spawn)
- 1 behind the locked door in the North Wing
- 1 in the room with the note in the North Wing. (Can contain named loot)
- Collectables: Two
- Bookshelf in the third room on the right (northern wall) down the West Wing
- Bookshelf in the northeast room, just before the North Wing shrine
- NPC rewards: None
|Black Widow (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Cave Bat (view)||Animal||Bat|
|Greater Cave Bat (view)||Animal||Bat|
|Rotting Dwarf Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Rotting Elf Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Rotting Halfling Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Rotting Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|