The Friar's Niece
Try to learn what has befallen Marguerite, the innocent niece of Friar Renau.
|Requires access to : The Catacombs|
|The Friar's Niece|
|Takes place in:||The Sanctuary|
|Bestowed by:||Friar Renau|
|NPC contact:||Friar Renau|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Go to the Catacombs and search the Sanctuary and for any evidence of Marguerite, or any evidence of what has become of her.
|The Friar's Niece is the 1st quest in The Catacombs .|
|The Friar's Niece • To Find a Witness: Return to the Sanctuary • The Old Archives • The Crypt of Gerard Dryden • Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral • Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt • Endgame: Marguerite • Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find a lever to lift the gate to the North Wing
- Search for Marguerite in the North Wing, or find evidence of what has become of her
- Escape the Sanctuary
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters.
Tips and Misc
- Pictures of the two locked doors and the Open Lock DCs to pick them can be found in the above link.
- The zombies littering the hallway of the North Wing don't awaken until somebody reads the note in Marguerite's cell.
- The chest that is targetable through the east wall as you first enter the North Wing is unreachable.
- You must go back outside (to the Marketplace) and speak to Friar Renau after quest completion to advance the Catacombs story arc.
- Insidious Cunning bonus: 0 or fewer monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Devious bonus: 4 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 8 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 28 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 34 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Notes: The 20 breakables in this quest is not enough to get the mischief bonus.
- Chests: 2-3
- 1 behind the locked door in the West Wing (not guaranteed to spawn)
- 1 behind the locked door in the North Wing
- 1 in the room with the note in the North Wing. (Can contain named loot)
- Collectables: Two
- Bookshelf in the third room on the right (northern wall) down the West Wing
- Bookshelf in the northeast room, just before the North Wing shrine
- NPC rewards: None
Named Chest Drop
|Corrupt Giant Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Corrupted Spiderling (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Human Female Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Human Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|