To Find a Witness: Return to the Sanctuary
From DDO wiki
(Redirected from Return to the Sanctuary)
Marguerite may be the victim of an evil fate. Seek answers in the shattered Sanctuary.
|Requires access to : The Catacombs|
|Return to the Sanctuary|
|Takes place in:||The Sanctuary|
|Bestowed by:||Archbishop Dryden|
|NPC contact:||Archbishop Dryden|
|Quest acquired in:||Catacombs|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Re-enter the Sanctuary and search for survivors of the massacre. If you find any, ask them what has become of Marguerite.
- This is Chapter 2 of Part 2 of the Catacombs story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the Sanctuary Master Key in the north ward
- Search for a survivor to interrogate inside Minon's ward
- Return to the Sanctuary exit
- Find the lever that reopens the Sanctuary's exit
- Return to the Sanctuary exit
- (Optional) Slay 8 zombies — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 12 skeletons — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (1 fixed and 1 random)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require INT checks)
- Skill DCs and pictures of all traps and control box locations, locked doors, and secret doors can be found in the above links by hovering over the description text.
- Dual Blade & Cold trap guarding the chest behind the locked door in the west wing; box is behind the chest on the south wall. (not guaranteed to spawn)
- Spike trap around the chest with the master key (easily avoidable if you stay off the dais while opening the chest); box is to the left (north) of the chest.
Tips and Misc
- The North Ward is still open, so there's no need to go into the West Ward unless you want the chest or the optionals.
- The master key is in a room behind a secret door in the North Ward. The spot and search DCs are both -5, so the mission can be completed even if you haven't leveled those skills.
- The chest in the western room of the North Ward, near where you found the note in the last quest, is open and empty, even if you didn't loot it earlier.
- Watch out for the undead ambush in the corner of the East Ward. It can be difficult for low level or new players. On elite, the skeleton knights are especially hard to hit.
- The shrine in the East Ward is locked by a pair of runes (INT 16 required). The one in the South Ward is behind a locked door.
- Insidious Cunning bonus: 0 or fewer monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Devious bonus: 7 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 12 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: +10% Bonus. or more monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: +15% Bonus. or more monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: +25% Bonus. or more monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: The values for the aggression, onslaught, and conquest bonuses change from run to run so the numbers here are only some possibilities.
- Chests: 7-8
- 1 behind a locked door in the north wing
- 1 behind a locked door in the east wing
- 1 in the east wing in the second to last room on the left
- 1 in the east wing in the last room on the left, with the survivor
- 1 trapped behind a locked door in the west wing (not guaranteed to spawn)
- 1 in the south wing, in a room at the end of a side passage
- 1 in the south wing, first door on the left after the side passage
- 1 in the south wing, second door on the left after going around the corner
- Collectables: Four
- Bookshelf in the third room on the right (northern wall) down the West Ward (across from the locked door)
- Bookshelf in the northeast room, just before the North Ward shrine
- Cabinet in Minon's Ward in the last room on the right, just before the shrine
- Bookshelf in the South Ward, in the last room on the left before going around the corner
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Black Widow (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Cave Bat (view)||Animal||Bat|
|Fiendish Bat (view)||2/||Magical Beast||Bat|
|Greater Cave Bat (view)||Animal||Bat|
|Greater Iron Defender (view)||Construct||Iron Defender|
|Rotting Dwarf Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Rotting Halfling Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Rotting Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Skeleton Archer (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Knight (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Swordsman (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Veteran (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Warrior (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Small Brown Spider (view)||QL3:; QL?:||Vermin||Spider|