Lost at Sea
The ship with the missing cargo sank just up the coast from Stormreach Harbor. An enchantment that surrounds you with a magic bubble of air will allow you to explore the ocean floor for Vaunt Arcanotechnic's shipment.
|Lost at Sea|
|Takes place in:||Beneath the Thunder Sea|
|Bestowed by:||Issabet Tremont|
|NPC contact:||Issabet Tremont|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
A ship carrying important cargo has sunk off the coast of Stormreach, and you've been hired to assist a Warforged salvage company recover the cargo and to deal with any threats that arise. Your group will dive down to find the wreckage and search for clues.
- Search for Vaunt's cargo at the shipwreck
- Follow the trail of salvage
- Explore the cave to find Vaunt's cargo
- Defeat Ekkikk Foamgrin and her goons
- Recover Vaunt's cargo
- (Optional) Clear groups of dangerous creatures — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find the special delivery shipments — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Disable the Sahuagin ritual — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the ambush — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the portal keeper — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Make an Offering to the Altar of the Devourer
- (Optional) Make a sufficiently large offering
What to Expect
- Disable the Sahuagin Ritual: UMD 34 (total roll) succeeds on Heroic Elite. Spellcraft 92 (total roll) succeeds on Legendary Normal; 97 succeeds on Legendary Hard.
- Cold and Force traps on the path up to the Devourer's altar.
Tips and Misc
- On the ocean floor
- Disable the Sahuagin Ritual: There's a pyramid in the SE corner. Interacting with the orb and passing a skill check completes the optional, awarding XP.
- If you use the search option use must complete four puzzles that will appear. Note that you can rotate both start and ending tile (which will be most obscured by the pillar)
- Kill Alkaid: There's a (orange named) sea lion in the NW corner, under the rocks. Enter the area from the north. Defeating Alkaid awards XP, a chest, and a pair of shrines.
- Clear groups of dangerous creatures: Defeat groups of guards. Awards XP.
- Find the special delivery shipments: Multiple crates randomly hidden both in the open sea and in the caves.
- Altar of the Devourer optional
- Once you're in the caves, there's a locked door on your left. Pick the door or break nearby Coral Urns to find a key.
- Jump up the trapped ledges. One ledge near the end (to upper doorway) is placed far higher than the rest. It might be too difficult to grab onto for some when jumping. Its easier if you have Feather fall, to angle yourself to jump and curve out past it, aiming to land on the next small ledge - just past the high ledge - without too much effort. Then you can jump back to the high ledge and carry on jumping the last few ledges to the door, etc. Jump 33 could not make the straight way up, Jump 38 could jump that final high ledge. Small ledge mentioned is also trapped and tiny - nowhere to hide.
- You can complete this optional objective in two ways:
- You can sacrifice yourself at the altar by choosing the appropriate quest dialogue. This completes the optional, but kills you. There is no resurrection shrine nearby.
- You can sacrifice something else. Selecting this dialog option opens a door to a small underwater cave with respawning Submerged Swabbies. Kite the zombies to the altar and kill them. Killing 10 Swabbies within the altar circle should be enough on Heroic Elite to complete the Optional.
- Completing this optional opens a cave wall (shortcut to end fight) and awards a bonus end chest; this chest can drop named Kamas.
- In the caves
- If you ignore the optional wing, the caves lead to an ambush. Defeat two waves of Sahuagin, then kill the Necromancer and some undead.
- Proceed to another larger cave.
- Couple monsters are immediately behind the gate.
- On your left, there's an optional fight. Sometimes they see you battling at the gates and attack you, but if you're careful and hug right wall, you can often avoid their aggro.
- There's a pair of shrines.
- Swim past the portal and proceed right (or walk left around the entire room).
- Open a gate proceed to end fight.
- End fight
- Kill mobs. Interact with a device to conclude the quest.
- There is a lever at the end that opens a dimension door back outside. If you entered the cave without completing the ambush optional, this will allow you to go back and complete other optionals.
- Devious bonus: 19+ or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 28-32 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 37 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Up to 3
- One guaranteed end chest (has most named loot)
- One optional end chest for completing the Gift of the Devourer optional (has kamas)
- One rare for defeating Alkaid
- NPC rewards: