Desecrated Temple of Vol (epic)
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Centuries ago the Black Abbot sealed those who remained faithful to Vol deep in the Catacombs of this temple. The wails at night indicate something somehow survived.
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 4|
|Desecrated Temple of Vol|
|Heroic XP:||See Desecrated Temple of Vol|
|Takes place in:||Desecrated Temple of Vol|
|Bestowed by:||Nesta Davir|
|NPC contact:||Nesta Davir|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
The first time the Black Abbot tried to ascend to godhood, the Emerald Claw opposed him. But now the Silver Flame suspects the Black Abbot has made an alliance with both the Emerald Claw and the Blood of Vol. Travel to the Desecrated Template of Vol inside the Orchard of the Macabre to learn the truth.
- Locate the Abbot's Seal
- Acquire the keys to the Abbot's seal (2 keys)
- Open the Seal (2 boxes)
- Enter the catacombs
- Find the High Priestess
- Slay the Priestesses of Vol (total 6)
- Return to the High Priestess
- Defeat the High Priestess
- (Optional) Defeat the Inevitables of Dolurrh (total 9): +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the Offerings to Vol: +40% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Spinning blades, shooting darts
Tips and Misc
Walkthrough (largely thanks to)
Drop down into the temple. In the middle you will see the seal made by the Black Abbot. On either side of the seal is a lockbox and a lever. Pulling the levers will reveal doors to either side of the hall. The halls are filled with whirring blades and flaming darts, at the end of which is a chest containing a gold key on one side, and a silver key on the other. They will each open one of the warding lockboxes. Each person who opens a chest gets a key. The passage on the left is easier to get through the traps, just have to take a quick dip underwater to get there. Have two people go this way, one being a high AC type. Death Ward and Fire Resist are very beneficial throughout this quest, and both chests are guarded by shadows and quells, so buff up before you go for the keys.
Open the lock boxes on either side of the pit. This lowers the seal and allows you to drop down. At the bottom will be a room of flesh golems; smite or beat them down. Next, a group of three quells will attack. One is red-named. Watch out for blindness, firewalls, acid fogs and Otto's irresistible dance. Once you defeat the three quells, you can enter into the vampire's hallways.
The halls are filled with humans (melee and priestesses) and Death Knights; quells and wheeps will pop from the ground as you go. If you break the sacrificial urns, wheeps will pop out. You must move through the hallways and destroy the randomly located priestesses of Vol. Some of the halls may close behind you; which gates close is randomly generated.
A couple of things to note while you clear the halls of Vol followers: first, there is a chest that can spawn in any room in the vampire halls, so keep an eye out for it. Second, down the hall across from the shrine is a secret door. When you open it, four wheeps will attack, and it will reveal a locked door (Lock DC). On the other side of the locked door is a portal that will take you to another plane, with bad side-effects for healing magic. Go through and defeat the maruts. When the maruts are dead it will send you back to the Temple of Vol, a chest now sitting in the room. Note: if there are any dead party members when the last marut is slain, there will be no way to get back to them. Their soul is trapped back where they died.
After you have completed the slaying, finding your chest, and optional maruts, return to the entry to the halls. Talk to the High Priestess to begin the last encounter. A simple tactic is to fill the room with firewalls, and when all of the High Priestess's bodyguards attack, they will find themselves burning in an inferno. Collect your last chest, then return home for your end reward.
- The Inevitables come in three waves of increasing numbers (2, then 3, then finally 4)
- Discreet bonus: 42 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 128 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 total:
- 1 for killing the Inevitables
- 1 randomly placed
- 1 end chest
- Collectables: 7
- Crude Altar in the northeast passage, just before the Silver Key
- Adventurer's Pack in the northwest passage, along the south wall with the fourth group of blades
- Crude Altar and Adventurer's Pack in the northwest passage, just before the dart traps (pack under the south stairs)
- Fungus Patch and Crude Altar in the southwest room
- Fungus Patch in the south room
- NPC rewards: Random items and 1-2 (non-mythic) named items from list
Named Chest Drop
|Vampiric Priest of Vol (NoPic)||Undead||Vampire|
|Blood of Vol Death Knight (NoPic)|
|Blood of Vol Follower (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Blood of Vol High Priestess (view)||Undead||Vampire|
|Blood of Vol Priestess (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Elder Quell (NoPic)||Undead||Quell|
|Harrowed Wheep (view)||Undead||Wheep|