Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords
|Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords is the 3rd quest in The Slave Lords and the Codex Page .|
|Slave Pits of the Undercity • Secret of the Slavers' Stockade • Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords|
The Slave Lords' headquarters is said to be nearby. Find them, and end the reign of these traffickers in human misery once and for all.
|Requires access to : Against the Slave Lords|
|Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords|
|Takes place in:||Slave Lords' Redoubt|
|Bestowed by:||Against the Slave Lords|
|NPC contact:||Drevok the Gatekeeper|
|Quest acquired in:||The Gatekeepers' Grove|
|Free to Play:||No|
Travel to the Aerie of the Slave Lords by using the portal inside the Gatekeepers' Grove. Once there, destroy the Slave Lords' organization once and for all.
- This dungeon is guest-narrated by Travis Willingham.
- Speak with Blodgett
- Find and Defeat the Slave Lords
- Find Oric in Suderham
- Find the secret passage at the Sign of the Rose
- Speak to Dame Gold about your reward
- (Optional) Rescue Elwita — Bonus (12%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Rescue Freda — Bonus (12%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Rescue Phanstern — Bonus (12%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find a way to free Phanstern — Bonus (0.5%): Heroic Epic
- Falling stalactites in a cavern in the early part of the quest.
- Electricity and air jets on the bridge over the blue glowing "Strange goo" liquid
- The "strange, glowing liquid" under the bridge in the ozone room will apply a short-term Slow effect (vs. a Will saving throw).
- The Electricity trap on bridge (ozone room) can be evaded by running fast on the right side over the bridge. You can also move along the railing on the left and jump "around" the trap if you have a high jump skill and feather fall.
- Acid pit
- 2 Cunning Gelatinous Cubes, with 1 lurking under a large collapsible floor tile
Tips and Misc
- This quest has a lot of spawn points that don't always have mobs. Expect about half of these points to have spawns.
- Be warned of the area past the hyenas after the not-a-door room. Depending on the random spawns it is possible to get an unavoidable red dungeon alert.
- Freda is at the end of the eastern-most tunnel, just past Blodgett.
- Elwita is in a cage in the corridors with human slaver guards. To free her, talk with her through the bars of the cage.
- Phanstern is in a cage in the area past the bridge and glowing liquid. The lever to free him is in the southeast corner of the area. You need to speak with him again to get the optional XP for freeing him.
- Pulling the rope hanging from the ceiling will collapse the floor, there is a large pool of acid below. There is a 2-3 second delay after you pull the rope before the floor collapses, enough time to move backwards out of the collapsing area. If you die in the acid, your soul stone will sink to the bottom of the pool. The rope also opens a door in the wall that leads to the next section of the quest.
- To avoid setting off the traps on the puzzles solve them backwards. Note that one will light up the trap as you turn the tile; however, if you turn past it quickly the trap will not go off.
- The five "quest items" shown on the second map are notes announcing a curfew the Slave Lords' have imposed on the town; they are for atmosphere only and have no function in the quest. They can be ignored without penalty.
- The "trapped chest" shown in the second map (South-eastern room) is not exactly a "trap", but it is a mimic.
- Do not enter or cross the beam of light from the relay crystal; it can be quite deadly.
- At the entrance into the room past the mirror / relay crystal puzzle is a section of floor that is slightly greenish and discoloured. This collapses and any characters walking over it will fall onto a Gelatinous Cube. A second Cube will then approach from further down the corridor and attack.
- There is nothing lurking in the shallow depths of the subterranean lake, but there is a Grotto Mudman on the ramp leading up on the opposite side.
- Beware that the end fight is much more challenging compared to the end fights of the other Quests in this series.
- Stalman Kilm shields the other bosses so attack him first until he shields himself, the other bosses are very resistant to physical and magical attacks otherwise.
- At the final fight, the forcefield preventing reaccess to the shrines will disappear once the Stalman Kilmn, the main boss, is slain.
- Aggression bonus: 148-149 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 212-217 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 269 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 25-26 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 40 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Multiple: Ingredients are Broken Collar or Staff Splinter
- 1 small chest with ingredients near not-a-door
- 1 locked underwater in the ozone room (no ingredients)
- 1 small chest with ingredients near 3 puzzles
- 1 small chest with ingredients after defeating the illusionist
- 1 small chest with ingredients in Madam Eva's establishment
- 1 for defeating Lurking Mimic (no ingredients)
- 1 small chest with ingredients in mirror room
- 1 end chest (Slave Master's Staff, Breaker of Bodies)
- Collectables: 5
- Adventurer's pack in the pool of strange glowing liquid
- Crude altar in room with 3 puzzles
- Fungus near rats in Suderham
- Reagents cabinet in mirror room
- Fungus on the edge of the subterranean lake
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop