Slave Pits of the Undercity
|Requires access to : Against the Slave Lords|
The Gatekeepers have sent you to retrieve a Codex Page from Dame Gold. In return, she wants you to destroy the scourge of the Slave Lords.
|Slave Pits of the Undercity|
|Takes place in:||The Forsaken Temple|
|Bestowed by:||Drevok the Gatekeeper|
|NPC contact:||Drevok the Gatekeeper|
|Quest acquired in:||Hall of Heroes|
|Free to Play:||No|
Use the portal in the Eberron Hall of Heroes to travel to the Slave Pits of the Undercity and destroy the slavers there.
- This dungeon is guest-narrated by Travis Willingham.
- Speak with Dame Gold about the Codex Page
- Seek Information on the Slave Lords
- Find a way into the Temple
- Find a way into the Lower Catacombs
- Locate the Slave Lord's Chamber
- (Optional) Slay Orc Chieftan Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Orc Witchdoctor Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Rescue 10 slaves Heroic: +7% Bonus. / Epic: +3% Bonus.
- (Optional) Rescue a total of 20 slaves Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Rescue a total of 40 slaves Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +7% Bonus.
- Slay Sturm Blucholtz
A very high number of random traps. Don't be surprised to see 50+ traps. Since most of the traps are random the numbers for bonuses also change.
- Static traps:
- Ice trap in the rightmost corridor near start.
- Fire jets in the room with the tile puzzle.
- Two lightning traps in the hallway after the puzzle room that inflict knockdown.
- The rest are random, often clusters of pressure plates or bear traps.
Tips and Misc
- This quest has many traps. Most are randomly located. As such, a high Spot skill is strongly advised (91 on EE). Very high elemental resistance/absorption or evasion is otherwise recommended.
- You can use many traps against your enemies. Draw aggro with ranged weapons and kite them across trapped areas.
- It is possible to sneak past some monster groups; however, this might prevent you from completing some optional objectives, see Discussion.
- When you first enter, speak with Dame Gold first - she'll talk for about 30 seconds while the party buffs up and waits for the door to proceed to become active.
- The orange lever in the puzzle room can be knocked or picked. Using it will disable the traps and allow you to continue, but (once you throw the other lever, on the opposite wall) the puzzle can still be solved normally for the ingredient chest.
- Picking up the shipping manifest, found near the end chest after defeating Sturm, concludes the quest.
- Aggression bonus: >230 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 357 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: ??? (possible, number unknown) or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: (varies) or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Due to the sheer number of traps, some of which are entirely random, it's generally not considered worth trying for the bonus; just do enough to clear a path for your party (usually down the middle).
- Chests: 3, plus 5 more with Slave Lords Crafting ingredients only. (The ingredients chests look like small decorative stone urns.)
- 1 small with ings in the Trog area
- 1 small with ings for defeating umber hulks
- 1+1 for defeating optional Orc Chieftan
- 1+1 for defeating optional Orc Witchdoctor
- 1 small with ings for solving fire puzzle
- 1 end chest with loot and ings
- Collectables: 7
- Rubble in the first room to the east as you enter
- Fungus in the eastern troglodyte cavern
- Adventurer's pack to the east of the rotting garbage room, where the umber hulks appear
- Fungus to the south of the rotting garbage room
- Fungus in northwest, in room with half a dozen slaves
- Rubble underwater in long water-filled room
- Scroll rack in the final room
- Slave Lords Crafting: Broken Shackles, Shattered Symbol of Slave Lords; Chains
- NPC rewards: None (there's a reward for completing the quest chain)
Named Chest Drop
|Sturm Blucholtz (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Umber Hulk Stalker (view)||Aberration||Umber Hulk|
|Darkfang Stalker (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Slaver Cleric (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Slaver Cohort (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Slaver Deadeye (view)||Orc||Half-Orc|
|Slaver Factotum (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Voracious Ghast (view)||Undead||Ghast|
|White Necromancer (NoPic)||Undead||Wight|