Slave Lords Crafting
|Requires access to : Against the Slave Lords|
Bring me relics of your battles with the Slave Lords. Then, by order of Dame Gold, I shall forge mighty items for you!
All base items are on Acquire, requiring access to the pack to craft these items.
Slave Lords crafting allows you to make a set of items (ML 8 or 28) with powerful effects, that together can also give a "set bonus", which all combined can give a much higher bonus for some effects than Cannith Crafting can offer. It also allows full flexibility regarding what effects go into which gear slots (neck, belt, bracers, boots, and/or ring(s)), so many veteran crafters will mix Slave Lords and Cannith-crafted gear to fit what they need in around their favorite named items. This sub-section explains the basics; full details are discussed later in this article, see specific sections for more information.
Step 1: collect ingredients
The first step is to run the quests and collect the basic ingredients (see below), which drop from special chests and the end chest, and are also available as an option for the chain end-reward. The 3 common (unbound) ingredients are indeed common, and the 3 uncommon (BtA) are not too uncommon, so it's not surprising to have 40-80 of each common and a dozen of each uncommon by the end of the chain. (The 2 rare ingredients are indeed rare - good luck with those!) Plus the chain end-reward* offers 25 of any of the common or 8 of any uncommon, guaranteed, to fill any gaps.
- (* Be sure to speak to the NPC again before re-running the chain, or no end reward!)
You'll also want some of the basic items that will become the gear - chains (for necklace/belts), shackles (for wrist/feet slots), and "five rings" (for rings/trinkets). These also drop in the special chests, and are also bound-to-account. Named items also count toward set bonuses (once they are specifically upgraded to do so).
Step 2: trade for gems
The next step is to speak to a barter NPC to exchange the basic ingredients for "gems" of different sorts (see below), which will be used to give you the effects on your items. Each of the 3 common and 3 uncommon ingredients allows a different kind of effect on the item, and there are 6 possible to create for each item you will create - prefix, suffix, bonus, extra, augment slot (clear, yellow, blue, or green), and set bonus (your choice of 3 possible). Tables below show what sort of effects can go into each of these.
Step 3: create item
The last step is to use those gems on the item itself to create the effects you want - and your item is complete! If you don't have all the ingredients you want now, you can always upgrade it later, but you cannot "erase" or change an effect - once it's there, it's locked in.
So, plan your gear, farm the ingredients, kill some slavers, and enjoy!
Garvon <Armorer and Outfitter>
- Located within the the Forsaken Temple (the part 1 quest location), right inside the quest entrance, safely before any challenging encounters.
- Note: Since there actually are both Heroic and Epic tiers for these upgrades, depending on which version of the instance you are in, you get different version of the barter UI and recipe listing. Everything is listed on this one page here for convenience.
When you speak with Garvon, you will see two options:
- Option 1) Exchange ingredients for gems
- This will allow you to trade your ingredients for the gems that will upgrade your items. The barter window will automatically sense and use ingredients in any green ingredients bag in your inventory. Once you have the gems (and item) you want, go to the next option...
- Option 2) Use gems to upgrade items
- Place the item with the proper gem (see Recipes, below), one at a time, in the barter window, and press the "Upgrade" button - that effect has been added! You can finish the item now, or leave it partly finished and come back later.
- Slavers' Named items will have a much shorter list of options, as you can only add a Set Bonus or Mythic Bonus to a named item.
- Important: Plan your items, and get it right the first time! There is no "erasing" or "writing over" a mistake, you'd have to start over with a new item and gems.
There are only 3 base items that drop, and only one type of base item drops in each quest. These are found in the small "ingredients" chests and also in the end chest for each quest (drop rate approximately 20-30% for each chest on elite). Each finished item can be equipped in either of two possible equipment slots (so a possible 7 slots in all, as you can equip 2 rings). (Set bonuses trigger at 3 and 5 items equipped, see Set Bonuses, at bottom.)
(There is also only one type each of un/common ingredient that drops in each quest; those are listed here for easy reference. Rare ingredients drop in all quests. All base items may use all ingredients. See below for more information on Ingredients and Recipes.)
|Base Item||Icon||Slots||ML||Bind||Obtained from||common / uncommon ingredients|
|Chains / Legendary||Waist/Neck||BtA||Part 1, Slave Pits
of the Undercity
|Broken Shackles / Shattered|
Symbol of the Slave Lords
|Five Rings / Legendary||Trinket/Ring||Part 2, Secret of the
|Chain Links /|
|Shackles / Legendary||Wrist/Feet||Part 3, Assault on the
Aerie of the Slave Lords
|Broken Collar /|
- Bold indicates the slots they go into, when clicked to swap from a hotbar or doubleclicked from Inventory. It must be drag/dropped from inventory to slot it in the alternate location.
- All items remain BtA after crafting effects applied.
- On Reaper difficulty, base items can drop with Reaper bonus.
There are eight different ingredients that drop in the small chests and end chest throughout the quests, 3 common, 3 uncommon, and 2 rare. Each common and uncommon ingredient drops only in one quest, so if you need some of those, you know where to find them (see table, above). Only the common ingredients are unbound (so can be traded, mailed, sold on the AH, etc.), the uncommon and rare ingredients are Bound to Account.
- 3 common ingredients (Broken Collars, Chain Links, Broken Shackles)
- Used for: all effect slots (except Mythic bonuses)
- Amount of
- Rarely up to 30 as a bonus reward (% increases with increased difficulty level)
- As a choice from a chain reward list, in stack of 25
- 3 uncommon ingredients (Shattered Symbol of the Slave Lords, Frayed Leather, Staff Splinter)
- Used for: "Bonus" slot, Augment slot, Set Bonus
- Bound to Account
- Amount of
- Rarely up to 30 as a bonus reward (% increases with increased difficulty level)
- As a choice from a chain reward list, in stack of 8
- 2 rare ingredients (Statuette of the Gods, Slave Master's Bust)
- Used for: Mythic upgrade
- Bound to Account
- Found in small chests and end chests of all 3 quests.
- Very rare (% increases with increased difficulty level)
|Ingredient||Icon||Bind||Obtained from||Used for|
|Broken Shackle||Unbound||Part 1, Slave Pits of the Undercity||Gem
|Chain Links||Part 2, Secret of the Slavers' Stockade||Suffix effect|
|Broken Collar||Part 3, Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords||Extra effect|
|Shattered Symbol of the Slave Lords||BtA||Part 1, Slave Pits of the Undercity||Gem
|Frayed Leather||Part 2, Secret of the Slavers' Stockade||Bonus effect|
|Staff Splinter||Part 3, Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords||Augment Slot|
|Statuette of the Gods||BtA||All parts||+1 Mythic upgrade to Heroic Crafted and Named Gear ‡|
|Legendary Statuette of the Gods||BtA|
|Slave Master's Bust||BtA||+3 Mythic upgrade to Heroic Crafted and Named Gear ‡|
|Legendary Slave Master's Bust||BtA|
‡ Can also be applied to Cannith Crafted gear as well as some (most?) named items not from the Slave Lords chain. See recipes below for further details.
These Gems come in 6 colors (Blue/Red/Green/Yellow/Black/Silver). They are direct purchase from the crafting NPC using above raw ingredients as currency. These are then used in the same NPC's barter UI to perform an upgrade on an item. These will allow you to add on a prefix, suffix, extra, bonus, an augment slot, and a Set bonus (the Set Bonus will be crafted onto the named items as well, each item can only count for 1 of the sets). The gems are Bound to Account, go into the Ingredients Bag, do not have the color in their names, and have inconsistent names (i.e. "Slaver's Spellsight," "Slaver Constitution," and "Slave Lord's Might," so be careful what search strings you use when hunting for them)
Once applied, these Gems can not be removed or overwritten. See below Recipes section for details.
Named items dropping throughout the quest chain also are considered part of this crafting "set" for 3-piece and/or 5-piece set bonus purposes. However, these named items are not "customizable", but rather are named items you can plug in that count for Slavers Crafting Set Bonuses.
All named-set items are ML 8 Heroic, ML 28 Epic:
|(Legendary) Executioner's Platemail||armor||Part 1, Slave Pits of the Undercity|
|(Legendary) Executioner's Docent||docent||Part 1, Slave Pits of the Undercity|
|(Legendary) Spinneret||ring||Part 1, Slave Pits of the Undercity|
|(Legendary) Symbol of the Slave Lords||trinket||Part 1, Slave Pits of the Undercity|
|(Legendary) Executioner's Helm||helm||Part 2, Secret of the Slavers' Stockade|
|(Legendary) Mutilator of Minds||orb||Part 2, Secret of the Slavers' Stockade|
|(Legendary) Slave Master's Cloak||cloak||Part 2, Secret of the Slavers' Stockade|
|(Legendary) Slave Rags||outfit||Part 2, Secret of the Slavers' Stockade|
|(Legendary) Breaker of Bodies||shield||Part 3, Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords|
|(Legendary) Hardened Hide Helm||helm||Part 3, Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords|
|(Legendary) Ring of Power||ring||Part 3, Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords|
|(Legendary) Slave Master's Staff||weapon||Part 3, Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords|
For each of the 6 possible basic* effects on an item, you need either 1 of the common ingredients, or 1 of the uncommon and all 3 of the common. So, depending which effect you're trying to add to an item, you need...
- Prefix effect: broken shackles
- Suffix effect: chain links
- Extra effect: broken collars
- Bonus effect: frayed leathers (and all 3 common ingredients)
- Augment slot: staff splinters (and all 3 common ingredients)
- Set Bonus: shattered symbols of the slave lords (and all 3 common ingredients)
- (* 1 rare ingredient is all you need for a mythic bonus upgrade, see table below)
Exact numbers are listed in the table below, and differ between Heroic vs. Epic items.
To save you the math, for a single item with all 6 effects/slots, you will need:
- Broken Shackle: 110 (heroic) / 250 (legendary)
- Chain Links: 110 (heroic) / 250 (legendary)
- Broken Collar: 110 (heroic) / 250 (legendary)
- Frayed Leather: 20 (heroic) / 50 (legendary)
- Shattered Symbol of the Slave Lords: 20 (heroic) / 50 (legendary)
- Staff Splinter: 20 (heroic) / 50 (legendary) (or 30/100 for a green slot)
Of course, the totals become less if you can live without an augment slot, or the (smallish) "Bonus" effect, or if you don't need that item to have a set bonus, etc.
Note: If you're including any Slavers named item(s) (see previous) in your 3- or 5-piece set, you can only add a (single) "set bonus" effect to that named item; they are not otherwise customizable.
Here are the effects possible for each slot:
|Group||Enchantment name||Enchantment value||Ingredient cost|
|Deception (no bluff effect)||+3||+14|
|Spell Lore (single type) (Equipment Bonus)||+10||+27|
|Spell Power (single type) (Equipment Bonus)||+70||+185|
||Skills (except UMD)||+10||+22|
|Spell Focus Mastery||+2||+6|
Note: In the Heroic version of the barter window, the values displayed are incorrect for Quality Attributes, Quality Fortification, and Quality False Life. These are the correct values.
|Quality False Life||+4||+16|
|Augment Slot addition
Remember, all Augment slots allow you to insert Colorless augments, so there is no reason not to choose blue or yellow for the same cost.
|Set bonus addition
||Slave Lord's Might|
|Slave Lord's Sorcery|
|Mythic upgrades ‡||Mythic Boost||+1||+1||*1 Statuette of the Gods||*1 Legendary Statuette of the Gods|
|Mythic Boost||+3||+3||*1 Slave Master's Bust||*1 Legendary Slave Master's Bust|
‡ Can also be applied to Cannith Crafted gear and some (most?) Named items, even from outside the Slave Lords chain. If applying to an item which is not from the Slave Lords chain, the item must still belong in one of the gear slots corresponding to Slavers Crafting: ring, belt, trinket, necklace, bracers, or boots. (E.g. you cannot apply this bonus to a named/Cannith-crafted weapon or helm, but may be able to apply it to a named/Cannith-crafted trinket or belt.)
Further notes: Legendary Statuettes do not change item minimum level (tested on level 13 Cannith crafted ring, Sept 2020). The Mythic upgrades can be applied on named items and then can have 2 mythic bonus, 1 by drop and 1 applied (confirmed on a spinneret on live). Note: That you do not get a benefit from both (Ring of Power U35). That bonus can be overridden with a new one too.
You can also add a set bonus to preset named items that drop as is and listed above. Preset items and crafted items all count toward the following set bonuses. And here are the 3 possible sets:
|3 pieces||5 pieces||3 pieces||5 pieces|
|Slave Lord's Might|
|Slave Lord's Sorcery|