Search and Rescue
An ancient tomb has been unearthed deep in the Stonelands ... but those who uncovered it have now disappeared within.
|Search and Rescue|
|Takes place in:||Stonelands Crevasse|
|Bestowed by:||Popkin 'The Shiv' Shortshanks|
|NPC contact:||Popkin 'The Shiv' Shortshanks|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
A group of adventurers have been lost in the Stonelands, and one of their number has sought out your aid. Travel to the Stonelands Crevasse and rescue the lost adventurers. This adventure is harder than average for this level.
- The quest location, "Stonelands Crevasse", is accessed via a cart adjacent to Popkin.
- Rescue the missing adventurers (5 total)
- Find and enter the tomb
- Find your way deeper into the complex
- Find the Master of the Tomb
- Slay Laeron
- Explore the Caverns
- Slay Daeronnax
- (Optional) Investigate the Underdark Passage — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Investigate the Underdark Tunnel — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Find a way into the Outpost — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Gain Access to the Lower Levels — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Disrupt the Ritual
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Slay the High Priestess
What to Expect
- Large variety of enemies
- Respawning Slaads in an optional area
- Spell Wards (Spell Wards including; unholy and fire), and a pit of Spikes and Blades in the Drow fortress optional
Tips and Misc
- Enemies include harpies, a variety of undead (including a mummy mini-boss), lizardfolk, drow (& friends), slaad and umber hulks (both aberrations), mephits, kobolds, a demon mini-boss, and the boss red dragon. Plan accordingly.
- Fairly long optional area (for the priestess), bringing someone who can open locks can make it shorter, as will Dimension Door.
- Enter the temple. In this part of the quest you will be fighting a wide variety of undead.
- Use two control orbs in the corners to open the way forward.
- The first shrine becomes visible on the map from the next hall, but is downstairs, after one more fight.
- Go downstairs, kill Laeron and loot his chest.
- Use the lever at the back of the throne to proceed.
- The southern side passage contains only some Lizardfolk and a (currently bugged) collectable.
- At the four-way intersection...
- Go straight/north for the main quest
- Go left/west for the long drow priestess optional (with four chests)
- Go right/east for the short umber hulk optional (and one locked chest)
The High Priestess optional
This detour is a long one, and a long run back (without Dimension Door), but rewards 4 chests total, including one that can drop named loot. In this part of the quest, you will be fighting mainly mephits, umber hulks, drow, slaads and outsiders.
- From Laeron's throne room, stick to the left wall to reach the underdark entrance via the western side tunnel.
- After defeating the first drow, turn right.
- (If you cannot handle a locked door, turn left instead, swim to an underwater button, swim back to through the opened portcullis and pick up Silver key.)
- Ascend the ramp and defeat few more drow.
- Unlock door to enter a Drow city. They attack. Straight way to the archers is well trapped; it is possible to stick near the walls and jump up to them from the side, avoiding most traps.
- Warning - There is a large pit/spike trap in the middle of the 2nd large room, next, not shown on map, above. It fills the area between the central columns and the front platform. Stick to the middle tiles as you approach the front, which form a bridge over it, and you will be safe from the pit. The box is behind the southern pillar of the platform.
- Warning - There are several Spell Ward traps along this central route to the front platform.
- There are two switches behind the platform.
- The northern locked switch opens the way north, to continue the quest. It can be picked, or you can go south to find the iron key which unlocks it.
- The southern switch opens the way south, which allows you to slay a few more drow, break a few more breakables, and (if you need it) find the iron key.
- At the end of that main hall is a (locked) secret door with a (locked) chest (not shown on map, above).
- Picking up the key spawns the pair of shrines in the south wing.
- Continuing north, there's a spell ward immediately after the door.
- Soon you reach a large square room with multiple (4) semi-transparent floors. Clearing the bottom floor (ramps down behind the "curtains") completes the Disrupt the Ritual optional, awards a chest and shrines.
- Slaad respawn on the upper 3 floors, but do not follow down the last ramp to the bottom floor.
- The bottom pool contains acid (of course).
- The way forward is from the bottom floor. Pick up the chest (and shrine) as you pass.
- The final objective in this area is not far. The room closes behind you once the fight activates. Slay the priestess with a significant number of friends, including a Draegloth. You're rewarded with two chests; the right one can drop named loot.
- It's a long run back, you get to anger/fight Slaad respawns (or invis. past); using Dimension Door is probably faster.
The other Underdark optional
In this section of the quest, you'll find umber hulks and drow.
- This one is in the loop northeast from Laeron's throne room, in the southeast corner of that loop passage. When you approach the wall there, "...you hear a rumble...", and a large group of Umber Hulks break through the wall there. You can then proceed into a secret tunnel (not shown on map, above), ending with another entrance to Underdark.
- Here, follow a much shorter tunnel and slay one pack of drow to complete the optional; you're rewarded with a locked chest.
Back to the main quest
...and fighting a few of almost everything you've seen so far, plus some kobolds.
- From Laeron's throne room, proceed generally north. Make sure to chat with all the lost adventurers.
- Two are in the tunnels not far from the throne room (one in northeast part of side loop)
- One is behind a round door with kobolds
- One is in the hole/cave with the northwest shrine, which is guarded by a few bats
- The last is in the dragon room
- As you proceed north, you encounter more and more kobolds, including a boss kobold.
- Finally, you reach the Red Dragon. An impassible firewall will block the entrance. He calls some more kobolds.
- Kill dragon and talk to last adventurer to complete the quest.
- Note: Kobolds may respawn after a while; loot the chest and get going.
- Aggression bonus: 280-287 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 366-368 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 452 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 17/<=32 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 22/39-42 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 27/48 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: The breakables needed (and maybe others) will increase when you enter the high priestess optional area.
- Chests: 7
- One for killing the mummy Laeron
- One locked (short umber hulk optional)
- One locked behind a locked secret door (south hall, priestess optional)
- One for disrupting the ritual (priestess optional)
- Two for slaying the optional high priestess (the right-hand chest drops Earthen Mantle and Drow Outrunner Armor)
- One end chest (drops Empowered Dragonscale, Festering Mummy Wrappings, Heartwood])
- Collectables: 0 (out of 8?)
- Bug: Currently all collectables in this quest are bugged and cannot be collected.
- NPC rewards: Standard