Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. For suggestions, please see the talk page, or embedded <!-- comments --> while .
The Banshee airship is transporting a powerful artifact to Stormreach, and it's your job to make sure it gets there. Defend the Banshee, and board and destroy enemy pirate airships.
|Requires access to : Three-Barrel Cove|
|Takes place in:||The Thunder Sea|
|Bestowed by:||Niles Cage|
|NPC contact:||Niles Cage|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
According to the treasure map, Ahraatz-Ri's treasure hoard is near Cutlass Falls in Three Barrel Cove. Now to go get it.
- The quest entrance is in the northeast corner of the Epic (only) Three-Barrel Cove map. To get to the quest, go northeast from Prove Your Worth, follow the beach, then follow the path that leads up from the beach.
- Get the treasure loaded aboard Captain Cage's airship
- Speak to Captain Cage on the bridge
- Protect the Banshee until she reaches Stormreach
- Repair the Bansee's Helm controls (you will need to do this multiple times)
- Repair the Bansee's Elemental Engine
- Retrieve the Elemental Container from the Eclipse's engine
- Bring the Elemental Container back to the Banshee's engine
- Meet the Argonessen Ambassador in the cargo hold
- (Optional) Defeat the Ill Fate Frigate — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Ardent Sands Raider — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Broken Crown Corsair — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Syndicate Smuggler — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Veiled Chain Raider — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Crew survival:
- (Optional) Some of the Banshee's crew survived — +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Over half of the Banshee's crew survived — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) None of the Banshee's crew were slain — +50% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Airship combat
- Protecting chests from looters
- Bear traps in some of the named ships' engine rooms
- Magefire Cannons
- Very deadly blade trap (disables for a short time by pulling 4 levers)
Tips and Misc
- Your ship has several pieces of equipment: two ballistas, two magefire cannon controls and a helm. If they take too much damage, they will disable. You can revive them again if you use them - though this will take a full minute and they will revive with 0% HP.
- You can use your ship's equipment to blast the pirate ships out of the sky.
- If your helm or engine is disabled, your ship stops. You will need to repair it to continue the quest.
- You can talk to each crew member and tell him where to go and what duty to perform (guard, repair, or man a station).
- Shortly after you start your journey, you will be attacked by several pirate ships, one at a time, until the timer gets close the the 3 minute remaining mark (at which point a much larger ship will arrive, possibly giving you two ships to fend off at once). Each ship will first bombard you for a time and then attach to your ship with grappling hooks and lines that send mobs to your ship. Both the mobs and the bombardment can kill crew and destroy your equipment, possibly causing your ship to stop. The mobs can also enter your cargo hold and loot your end chests!
- If your engine or helm gets destroyed (causing your ship to stop moving), the enemy ship will move much closer to board from the side. You can now enter the enemy ship engine room and kill the fire elemental there, causing the ship to crash after a short while, killing everyone who is not back on the Banshee.
- The first pirate ship is always nameless. Once it is destroyed, named ships start arriving. It takes approximately 25 seconds from the destruction of the previous ship for the next one to arrive. If your helm or engine is disabled, no new ships will arrive until you repair it and you start moving again.
- After the time remaining gets to about 3 minutes left (this has been observed to happen at times from 3:30 down to 2:40), a very large ship will arrive on the scene. If either your helm or your engine gets disabled while the large ship is on the scene, it will banish your engine elemental and board you from behind. (It is possible to defend against this ship until the timer runs out - on Epic Normal and Epic Casual at least - allowing you to end the quest without needing to board this ship and destroy it. The following points assume this ship has stopped you and banished your elemental).
- Fight your way to the bridge of the ship and attack the red-named Commodore Tew. At low HP, he will teleport away. Use the bridge control to gain access to the enemy cannon bay.
- Enter the cannon bay and fight the captain again. Throughout the fight, he will periodically enable a nearby cannon - make sure you do not get overwhelmed by cannons. Cannons can be converted to your side with successful Search and Disable Device checks. At low HP, Tew will again teleport away. Use the cannon control to gain access to the enemy engine room.
- Enter the engine room and clear the first room. Fight the captain again and kill him this time.
- The narrow passage contains a deadly trap that can be disabled for a couple of seconds by pulling all four levers on the pillars. There is no timing necessary on pulling the four levers, but you only have a few seconds after pulling the last one. When you want to come back, there are 4 more levers on the far side of the wall near the elemental container.
- Kill the engine elemental, loot the elemental container, pull the 4 levers *these with convenient lights) on the engine side to disable the trap again, and everyone sprint back to the Banshee as the enemy ship will crash (it will start to crash once you pick up the elemental container).
- Enter your own engine room to repair your engine. After you arrive at Stormreach, enter your cargo hold and talk to Cydonie to complete the quest.
- Bug: If you die immediately upon entering an enemy engine room, repair your helm/engine without destroying the enemy engine.
- Bug: If you repair your helm too quickly, it may .
- Bug: If you emerge from a below deck and your character has vanished, re-entering and re-exiting usually fixes it (visual bug).
- Mischief bonus: 9-11 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 3+
- 3 end chests (might be looted by pirates if you fail to protect them)
- 1 bounty chest for each named ship destroyed (not including Tew's ship)
- Collectables: 4
- Rubble on the Banshee's forward deck, near the ballista
- Adventurer's Pack on the Banshee's stern deck, on the port side
- Fungus in the Banshee's Engine Room, near the engine
- Adventurer's Pack on the Eclipse of Blood, in the engine room
- NPC rewards: Standard, additionally Pirates of the Thunder Sea chain reward
Named Chest Drop
All items are ML 24 unless otherwise noted.
- Broken Music Box - Trinket - - , , , Hidden effect: , when all augments slots are filled.
- Cannoneer's Goggles - Goggles - - , , , : Diamond of Dexterity +7
- St. Mu'Ray's Fire - Rune Arm - - Electrical Storm, , , , , Rune Arm Charge Rate +25%, ,
- Topaz of Anthem - Augment - ML 20 -
|Commodore Tew (view)||Undead||Zombie|