Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. For suggestions, please see the talk page, or embedded <!-- comments --> while .
The Banshee airship is transporting a powerful artifact to Stormreach, and it's your job to make sure it gets there. Defend the Banshee, and board and destroy enemy pirate airships.
|Requires access to : Three-Barrel Cove|
|Takes place in:||The Thunder Sea|
|Bestowed by:||Niles Cage|
|NPC contact:||Niles Cage|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
According to the treasure map, Ahraatz-Ri's treasure hoard is near Cutlass Falls in Three Barrel Cove. Now to go get it.
- The quest entrance is in the northeast corner of the Epic (only) Three-Barrel Cove map. To get to the quest, go northeast from Prove Your Worth, follow the beach, then follow the path that leads up from the beach.
* Get the treasure loaded aboard Captain Cage's airship
- Speak to Captain Cage on the bridge
- Protect the Banshee until she reaches Stormreach
- Repair the Bansee's Helm controls (you will need to do this multiple times)
- Repair the Bansee's Elemental Engine
- Retrieve the Elemental Container from the Eclipse's engine
- Bring the Elemental Container back to the Banshee's engine
- Meet the Argonessen Ambassador in the cargo hold
- (Optional) Defeat the Ill Fate Frigate — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Ardent Sands Raider — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Broken Crown Corsair — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Syndicate Smuggler — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the Veiled Chain Raider — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Crew survival:
- (Optional) Some of the Banshee's crew survived — +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Over half of the Banshee's crew survived — +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) None of the Banshee's crew were slain — +50% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Airship combat
- Protecting chests from looters
- Bear traps in some of the named ships' engine rooms
- Magefire Cannons
- Very deadly blade trap (disables for a short time by pulling 4 levers)
Tips and Misc
- Your ship has several pieces of equipment: two ballistae, two magefire cannon controls and a helm. If they take too much damage, they will disable. You can revive them again if you use them - though this will take a full minute and they will revive with 0% HP. (Note that the ballistae are fairly ineffective, and the magefire cannons are almost impossible to aim properly. The cannons are powerful weapons in the hands of crewmen, but if none are available it's probably not worth bothering with the weapons.)
- You can actually heal the equipment with repair spells, but only if you can target them. You cannot target the ballistas if they have been destroyed.
- Unlike airships in Three Barrel Cove, the airships in this quest are vulnerable to damage from player attacks.
- Spells do not appear to work in most cases as the ships are too far, even if you are using ray spells with enlarge metamagic.
- If your helm or engine is disabled, your ship stops. You will need to repair it to continue the quest.
- You can talk to each crew member and tell him where to go and what duty to perform (guard, repair, or man a station). It is safest to have them guard the treasure in the cargo hold so that they stay alive.
- Shortly after you start your journey, you will be attacked by several pirate ships, one at a time, until the timer gets close to the 3 minute remaining mark or all optional airships are destroyed. Each ship will first bombard you for a time and then attach to your ship with grappling hooks and lines that send mobs to your ship. Both the mobs and the bombardment can kill crew and destroy your equipment, possibly causing your ship to stop. The mobs can also enter your cargo hold and loot your end chests!
- Everyone should head to the rear of the ship and start attacking the enemy airships the moment they appear.
- If your engine or helm gets destroyed (causing your ship to stop moving), the enemy ship will move much closer to board from the side. You can now enter the enemy ship engine room and kill the fire elemental there, causing the ship to crash after a short while, killing everyone who is not back on the Banshee.
- The first pirate ship is always nameless. Once it is destroyed, up to 5 named ships will start arriving. It takes approximately 25 seconds from the destruction of the previous ship for the next one to arrive. If your helm or engine is disabled, no new ships will arrive until you repair it and you start moving again.
- When sufficient time has passed or all optional airships have been destroyed, the Eclipse of Blood will arrive on the scene.
- With sufficient DPS, it is possible to end this quest killing by killing the ship. The ship will shoot grappling hooks and mobs will spawn at the hooks to attack the helm and engine hold, make sure to kill the mobs and hooks quickly. If your helm or engine is destroyed during this phase, you will have to fight a lengthy battle on the other ship. The Eclipse can also destroy the helm via bombardment without using grappling hooks.
- It is also possible to stall long enough for the quest timer to run out without being boarded or destroying the Eclipse. The Eclipse seems to start a rapid cannon bombardment shortly after appearing. If this does not destroy the helm (this pretty much requires the helm to be at full health, and even then it takes a bit of luck on cannon placement), she will resort to firing grappling hooks at both ends of the ship. Keeping the side cannons alive with repair spells and making sure nobody is at the helm may cause the Eclipse to target something other than the helm with its cannons, allowing you to stall during the grappling hook phase until the quest timer runs out.
- WARNING: It is possible to destroy the Eclipse even after they have banished your engine's elemental, but doing this will break the quest, because there is no way to repair the engine.
Fighting on the Eclipse of Blood
- If your ship stops during the last phase, you must board the Eclipse to steal their elemental from their engine room.
- Fight your way to the bridge of the ship and attack the red-named Commodore Tew. At low HP, he will teleport away. Use the bridge control to gain access to the enemy cannon bay.
- Enter the cannon bay and fight the captain again. Throughout the fight, he will periodically enable a nearby cannon - make sure you do not get overwhelmed by cannons. Cannons can be converted to your side with successful Search and Disable Device checks. At low HP, Tew will again teleport away. Use the cannon control to gain access to the enemy engine room.
- Enter the engine room and clear the first room. Fight the captain again and kill him this time.
- The narrow passage contains a deadly trap that can be disabled for a couple of seconds by pulling all four levers on the pillars. There is no timing necessary on pulling the four levers, but you only have a few seconds after pulling the last one. When you want to come back, there are 4 more levers on the far side of the wall near the elemental container.
- Kill the engine elemental, loot the elemental container, pull the 4 levers (convenient lights are next to each one) on the engine side to disable the trap again, and everyone sprint back to the Banshee as the enemy ship will crash (it will start to crash once you pick up the elemental container).
- Do not forget to deactivate the trap after it resets. It deals insane damage for a quest at this level, and is quite capable of killing even Legendary characters on harder difficulties. Never cross between the two sides of the engine room without manually pulling the levers first.
- You can flee the last Tew encounter by stealing the elemental canister - he'll count as killed when the ship explodes.
- Enter your own engine room to repair your engine. After you arrive at Stormreach, enter your cargo hold and talk to Cydonie to complete the quest.
- Bug: If you die immediately upon entering an enemy engine room, repair your helm/engine without destroying the enemy engine.
- Bug: If you repair your helm too quickly, it may .
- Bug: If you emerge from a below deck and your character has vanished, re-entering and re-exiting usually fixes it (visual bug).
- Mischief bonus: 9-11 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 3+
- 3 end chests (might be looted by pirates if you fail to protect them)
- 1 bounty chest for each named ship destroyed (not including Tew's ship)
- Collectables: 4
- Rubble on the Banshee's forward deck, near the ballista
- Adventurer's Pack on the Banshee's stern deck, on the port side
- Fungus in the Banshee's Engine Room, near the engine
- Adventurer's Pack on the Eclipse of Blood, in the engine room
- NPC rewards: Standard, additionally Pirates of the Thunder Sea chain reward
Named Chest Drop
||Cannoneer's Goggles ( )||Goggles||
||24||Precious Cargo, End chest, Chance to be in Chain reward list (Cydonie)|
||Broken Music Box ( )||Trinket||
||24||Precious Cargo, End chest|
||St. Mu'Ray's Fire ( )||Rune Arm||
||24||Precious Cargo, End chest, Chance to be in Chain reward list (Cydonie)|