Old Tomb, New Tenants
|Old Tomb, New Tenants is the 2nd quest in the Pirates of the Thunder Sea (epic) .|
|The first four quests can be completed in any order to unlock Precious Cargo.|
|A Legend Revisited • Old Tomb, New Tenants • Prove Your Worth (epic) • Ghost of a Chance (epic) • Precious Cargo|
Legend claims the pirate lord still haunts this tomb, eternally guarding his ill-gotten treasures. But Garl the Grey is dead, and you are alive...
|Requires access to : Three-Barrel Cove|
|Old Tomb, New Tenants|
|Heroic XP:||Old Grey Garl|
|Takes place in:||Garl's Tomb|
|Bestowed by:||Tarfoot Brynne|
|NPC contact:||Tarfoot Brynne|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Three-Barrel Cove or VIP|
A piece of Ahraatz-Ri's treasure map is located indside Garl's Tomb. Yet the Tomb now has new inhabitants - the Yuan-ti. Go to Garl's Tomb in Three-Barrel Cove and find Ahraatz-ri's treasure cache.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Find Ahraatz-Ri's treasure cache
- Slay Kyrnxala the Fang
- (Optional) Defeat Turoxaroth the Guardian — Bonus (25%): Epic
What to Expect
- lock (optional – door to first shrine)
- spawning / respawning monsters (Kyrnxala fight)
- Poisonous mushrooms near the entrance
- Pressure plates at the top and bottom of the south stairs past the bridge (two each location)
Tips and Misc
- The layout of the quest is the same as in heroic versions, but now you get to fight Yuan-ti and pirates.
- Because of how heroic Garl's Tomb is split into two different quests, if the heroic quests are currently in your journal, you'll have to abandon them to enter this one.
- This quest can be extremely challenging on higher difficulties, especially Reaper/Epic Elite for squishies and Warforged alike. The Yuan-Ti Shamans spam Symbol of Stunning and other stunning AoE's that make solo'ing extremely difficult, as the monster champion Yuan-Ti's will hit for around 300 to 600 Hit points (really 600 to 1200 without PRR of 50% reduction). When the Yuan-Ti Shamans are monster champions, it's extremely difficult to survive them alone, as the damage from spells after you're stunned is extremely high. Be warned!
- Pull lever to lift the gate to the optional fight with Turoxaroth (awards a chest)
- Again, the first shrine is behind a locked door. (Lock DCs)
- Defeat Kyrnxala and her Yuan-ti minions to receive the key to the underwater door. The door cannot be picked.
- If you cross the bridge until the DM starts and retreat, you can range her without her minions showing up. Note that even if you have a DOT on her that will kill her off, do NOT swim down to the door until she's dead as that will reset her HP.
- Approaching the final treasure chest causes three waves of pirates to spawn around the chest.
- Devious bonus: 7 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 81 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 129 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Notes: ** Insidious Cunning not possible on Epic Normal, as the minimum 7 kills (priestess and 6 pirates to unlock the chest) gives you Devious
- Chests: 2
- One in the northern lobe of the first big room (with the stone bridge); guarded by Turoxaroth
- One in the treasure room (locked until you dispatch the pirates)
- Collectables: 4
- Rubble beneath the stairs in the second large room
- Adventurer's Pack on the upper south side near the Rubble
- Mushroom on a ledge between the two bridges across the upper level of the main den, on the west end
- Crude altar in the treasure room
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
||Barnacled Buckler ( )||Buckler shield||
||24||Old Tomb, New Tenants, End chest|
||Mutineer's Blade ( )||Rapier||
||24||Old Tomb, New Tenants, End Chest; Three-Barrel Cove (epic), All Rare Encounters|
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Blood Tide Marine ( view • )||Orc||Half-Orc|
|Blood Tide Sailor ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Kyrnxala the Fang ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Turoxaroth the Guardian ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Yuan-ti Headhunter ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Yuan-ti Shaman ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|