Old Tomb, New Tenants
Legend claims the pirate lord still haunts this tomb, eternally guarding his ill-gotten treasures. But Garl the Grey is dead, and you are alive...
|Requires access to : Three-Barrel Cove|
|Old Tomb, New Tenants|
|Heroic XP:||Old Grey Garl|
|Takes place in:||Garl's Tomb|
|Bestowed by:||Tarfoot Brynne|
|NPC contact:||Tarfoot Brynne|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
A piece of Ahraatz-Ri's treasure map is located indside Garl's Tomb. Yet the Tomb now has new inhabitants - the Yuan-ti. Go to Garl's Tomb in Three-Barrel Cove and find Ahraatz-ri's treasure cache.
- Find Ahraatz-Ri's treasure cache
- Slay Kyrnxala the Fang
- (Optional) Defeat Turoxaroth the Guardian — Bonus (25%): Epic
What to Expect
- lock (optional - door to first shrine)
- spawning / respawning monsters (Kyrnxala fight)
- Pressure plates at the top and bottom of the south stairs past the bridge (two each location)
Tips and Misc
- The layout of the quest is the same as in heroic versions, but now you get to fight Yuan-ti and pirates.
- This quest can be extremely challenging on higher difficulties, especially Reaper/EE for squishies and Warforged alike. The Yuan-Ti Shamans spam Symbol of Stunning and other stunning AOE's that make solo'ing extremely difficult, as the monster champion Yuan-Ti's will hit for 300-600hp(really 600-1200 w/o PRR of 50% reduction, as of Update 35). When the Yuan-Ti Shamans are monster champions, it's extremely difficult to survive them alone, as the damage from spells after you're stunned is extremely high. Be warned!
- Pull lever to lift the gate to the optional fight with Turoxaroth (awards a chest)
- Again, the first shrine is behind a locked door. (Lock DCs)
- Defeat Kyrnxala and her Yuan-ti minions to receive the key to the underwater door. The door cannot be picked.
- If you cross the bridge until the DM starts and retreat, you can range her without her minions showing up. Note that even if you have a DOT on her that will kill her off, do NOT swim down to the door until she's dead as that will reset her HP.
- Approaching the final treasure chest causes pirates to spawn around the chest.
- Devious bonus: 7 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 129 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Notes: ** Insidious Cunning not possible on EN, as the minimum 7 kills (priestess and 6 pirates to unlock the chest) gives you Devious
- Chests: Two
- One in the northern lobe of the first big room (with the stone bridge); guarded by Turoxaroth and few lesser Yuan-ti
- One in the treasure room (locked until you dispatch the pirates)
- Collectables: Five (first four the same as The Troglodytes' Get)
- Mushroom behind the waterfall west of the gargoyle chest
- Rubble behind the stairs in the second large room (with the cistern)
- Mushroom on a ledge between two platforms of the middle level of the main den, on the north end
- Mushroom on a ledge between the two bridges across the upper level of the main den, on the west end
- Crude altar in the treasure room
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
All items are ML 24 and unless otherwise noted.
- Barnacled Buckler - Buckler - , , , , , ,
- Mutineer's Blade - Rapier, 2[W], 17-20/x2 - , , , , , ,
- Sapphire of Crushing Wave Guard - Augment - , ML 20 -
|Kyrnxala the Fang (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Turoxaroth the Guardian (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|