Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The Coin Lords have devised a plan to use a local minotaur tribe to frame Hesstess, the Droaam ambassador.
|Takes place in:||Matador Village|
|Bestowed by:||Gavin Northus|
|NPC contact:||Gavin Northus|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The monster nation of Droaam is trying to recruit the local monster tribes against Stormreach. The Coin Lords have devised a plan to frame the Droaam ambassador in a local minotaur village. Speak to the warforged wizard Dorris to learn more.
- Diplomatic Impunity must be completed before acquiring this quest (you can't enter the instance if you haven't done it).
- Speak with Dorris
- Assassinate the Minotaur Chieftain
- Plant some rock-solid evidence
- Return to Dorris
- (Optional) Do not let the minotaurs raise the alarm — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Repair a ballista — Bonus (4.2%): Heroic
- (Optional) Find extra ballista parts (10 total) — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay some minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (6%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay more minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay some more minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay even more minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay, you guessed it, more minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Keep slaying minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) The slaughter of minotaurs must go on (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Don't stop killing minotaurs now (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Almost done killing minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Finish what you started with the minotaurs (10 total) — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill something other than a minotaur for a change — Bonus (8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay all the Cabal Seers (3 total) — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the sleeping giant, Ahnold the Hungry — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the fiendish spider, the Twilight Mother — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the leader of the pack — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Randomly placed collectibles
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (optional: Ballista Parts)
- Randomly placed quest items (optional: Ballista)
- Lots of spike/blades traps on the stairway to the palace; there are 4 control boxes, 2 on either side of the stairs
Tips and Misc
- This adventure can be quite hard for the level. It can be much longer than its medium length rating would suggest; but if you are taking that time to kill minotaurs, it can still be rewarding, as the cumulative bonus stacks up to a total of 70% bonus of base XP.
- That said, it can be completed very quickly, too: With access to invisibility and a 38+ jump score, you can collect sufficient ballista parts in the wild, jump over the wall at the corner of the NW gate (minimum 38+ required), run south over the bridge, repair the ballista in the SW corner and have it fling you directly to the boss. Use the wand on the minotaur runt, kill and loot.
- The fortress is a very tight, built-up area; Jump buffs make moving around MUCH easier.
- The Cabal Seers can inflict negative levels and have instant-death effects (used rarely on Normal, but often on Hard and Elite), so make sure to have Deathblock items and Death Ward available.
- Try not to laugh too much as you complete the many Optionals of this quest. Slaying minotaurs is amusing until they swarm you in impressive numbers.
- You must turn at least one minotaur into stone to successfully complete the quest. Dorris will give you a 5-charge wand for this, which is usable by anyone.
- There are more than enough parts to repair two ballistas, although only one is required to complete the optional objective. Repair a ballista outside the fortress to fling you inside, and then another ballista can be repaired inside the fort near the chieftain's compound to fling you over the wall and bypass the trapped gate.
- The number of Ballista Parts needed to repair a ballista depends on your Repair skill. The higher the skill, the fewer the parts.
- A handy tactic is to clear the small section of the fortress first, then send someone to grab aggro and lead minotaurs across the bridges. There, you can drop firewalls, Blade Barriers and other damaging spells in their path. This is also a great tactic for rangers with improved precise shot and a paralyzing bow!
- The Minotaur Runts tend to be the ones that run for the warning gongs. If you want to complete the Stealthy Optional, kill them quickly (or use the wand Dorris gives you on them). However, if you are going for the Slayer Optional chain, you will need to allow the gongs to be rung (or ring them yourself) to spawn enough minotaurs to reach the goal. Using the wand to petrify a minotaur DOES NOT count towards your kills (don't waste it on bosses!).
- If you paralyze a Matador Runt and damage him, after recovering from paralysis he will attack you instead of running for the warning bell (as of Update 27; tested with Paralyzing Arrows and Power Word: Stun).
- After killing all the minotaurs, you need to kill at least one non-minotaur mob for the final slaying bonus. There are some worgs inside the fortress, but plenty of animals in the wilderness area outside if you haven't killed them all while gathering ballista parts. Two panthers always spawn next to Dorris after you complete the quest.
- There is a repaired ballista inside the boss's compound that will fling you directly back to Dorris to quickly complete the quest, if you don't have Dimension Door.
- This quest is completed once you speak to Dorris after killing the chieftain and turning at least one minotaur to stone. So, you can take your time in completing any remaining optionals after killing the boss, including clearing his compound of breakables and ringing gongs (if you are going for the slaying optional) to rack up bonuses.
- If you slay every minotaur, Dorris's originally snide attitude changes humorously.
- If you complete your mission without an alarm going off, Dorris is also impressed.
|Repair Skill||Parts needed|
- DDO Frame Work EXP/Speed Run /w Commentary
- Devious bonus: 5 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 134 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 173 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 60 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 78 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 96 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Conquest bonus is unachievable.
- 3 optional for killing the Cabal Seers (Minotaurs, can spawn in multiple locations, found inside the fortress)
- 1 optional for killing the Pack Master (White Wolf, doesn't always spawn, found outside the fortress in the SE corner of the map)
- 1 optional for killing the Twilight Mother (Spider, doesn't always spawn, found outside the fortress in the SW corner of the map)
- 1 optional for killing Ahnold the Hungry (Hill Giant, doesn't always spawn, found outside the fortress near the NW shrine)
- for killing the Minotaur Chieftain
- optional at the end from Dorris if you killed all the minotaurs or if you haven't let them raise the alarm (no chest is awarded on casual difficulty)
- Collectables: Fifteen
- Outside the city (6)
- Mushroom near a tree southeast of the city gates
- Mushroom in one of several spots southeast of the city
- Fungus in one of several spots southeast of the city
- Mushroom in one of several spots southwest of the city
- Fungus in one of several spots southwest of the city
- Mushroom in the far southwest
- Inside the city (9)
- Two Crude Altars in the northwest section of the city by shrine (In-quest description: Temple Hill)
- Four Cabinets in the northern area by gate (In-quest description: Alchemist's Quarter)
- Two Alchemy Tables in the northern area by gate (In-quest description: Alchemist's Quarter)
- Outside the city (6)
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
||8||Frame Work, End chests, Dorris' chests|
||Scepter of the Fleshweaver||Club||
||10||Frame Work, End chests, Dorris' chests|
||10||Frame Work, End chests, Dorris' chests|
||11||Frame Work, End chests, Dorris' chests|