Venn's Trail: Venn's Fate
To be taken prisoner by Clan Tunnelworm is little better than a death sentence.
|Venn's Trail: Venn's Fate|
|Takes place in:||Clan Tunnelworm Prison|
|Bestowed by:||Guard Tember|
|NPC contact:||Guard Tember|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Part 4 of The Lost Seekers story arc.
Search Clan Tunnelworm's prison for Venn ar-Kerran.
- Find Venn ar-Kerran
- Avenge Venn by killing the Tunnelworm Interrogator
- (Optional) Free Tunnelworm's other prisoners - 5 total — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill the Scorpions - 5 total — Bonus (30%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Clan Tunnelworm's Grand Shaman — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Kruts the Cruel — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Murat the Maniacal — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Haarg the Harrowing — Bonus (25%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Randomly placed NPCs (mandatory: Venn and optional: 5 prisoners)
- Blade trap in the north-west corner room (with the Black Wolves). Control panel is just inside the room on the left wall.
Tips and Misc
The objective of this quest is to find Venn ar-Kerran, the second of the ar-Kerran brothers. You must search through all of the cells to try to find him. You will also find five other prisoners that you can free for bonus XP. Talking to them about Venn will reveal that the Tunnelworms put Venn to torture soon after his arrival, and that his screams stopped several days ago. They tell you that you may not find Venn alive now, and unfortunately enough, when you do find Venn's cell, you learn that it's too late for him -- all that remains of him is his corpse.
Venn’s body can be in any cell, so every time that you repeat this adventure, you must search through the entire area again.
Once you've found Venn, all that remains is to find the Tunnelworm Interrogator responsible for Venn's death and make him pay. The torture chamber where the Interrogator awaits is the northernmost room on the east side, and should be fairly easy to find. You can actually kill the Interrogator before finding Venn, but you will have to search all the cells anyway for Venn's body.
Since you are going to have to search everywhere anyway, you will quickly learn the map. Keep a high spotter on point for the blade trap in the northwestern portion of the map. Watch out for the Ogres in this dungeon, as they hit hard, especially when they rage. The Tunnelworm Grand Shaman is in the easternmost room to the north of the dungeon in general. You can also head to the southernmost area of the dungeon, where you will meet a terrified prisoner and fight five Large Monstrous Scorpions (which oddly enough look about the same as Medium Monstrous Scorpions) for bonus XP and loot.
Once you've found Venn's body and killed the Tunnelworm Interrogator, you can finish out of the quest and collect your rewards from Tember and Zin.
- You can enter this quest immediately from the previous one, or break to restock or sell loot in between.
- Venn's corpse will show up in a random cell. It looks like a zombie laying down, and can be easy to miss.
- The blade trap can be easily avoided just by sticking to the edge of the room.
- The Tunnelworm Interrogator can be found in the northeast corner. Even if you haven't found Venn's body, or had a prisoner tell you 'you may not find him alive now' yet, you're still instructed to 'avenge' him.
- The Grand Shaman can be found in the eastern room of the middle east-west corridor.
- Kruts the Cruel can be found in the southwest corner.
- Haarg the Harrowing can be found in the eastern room of the northern east-west corridor. The warning gong has to be rung to open his door, either by the kobolds in front, or by a player.
- Murat the Maniacal can be found in the northwest corner.
- A Terrified Prisoner can be found in the southernmost section; talking to him will spawn five scorpions that you then have to kill.
- Discreet bonus: 12 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 33 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 43 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 53 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 - 6
- 1 for killing the Tunnelworm Interrogator (Kobold, found in the northeast corner)
- 1 optional for killing the Tunnelworm Grand Shaman (Kobold, found in the eastern room of the middle east-west corridor)
- 1 optional for killing the scorpions in the south central room
- 1 optional for killing Murat the Maniacal (Ogre, doesn't always spawn, found in the northwest corner)
- 1 optional for killing Kruts the Cruel (Ogre, doesn't always spawn, found in the southwest corner)
- 1 optional for killing Haarg the Harrowing (Ogre, doesn't always spawn, found in the eastern room of the northern east-west corridor)
- Collectables: Five
- Mushroom in a cell just to the east at the first T-junction
- Mushroom in a cell just before the Grand Shaman's room
- Adventurer's Pack in the northwest room
- Mushroom in a cell just south of the western shrine
- Rubble in the scorpion room
- NPC rewards: Mixed random and special