The Kobold's Den: Clan Gnashtooth
Clan Gnashtooth has a less-than-terrifying reputation among adventurers. Gnashtooth kobolds are more numerous than fierce.
|The Kobold's Den: Clan Gnashtooth|
|Takes place in:||Clan Gnashtooth Lair|
|Bestowed by:||Guard Tember|
|NPC contact:||Guard Tember|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Part 1 of the Lost Seekers story arc. Find your way through Clan Gnashtooth territory to find the prison.
Find Chief Eechik of Gnashtooth in the depths beneath the Waterworks and 'convince' him to free the brothers ar-Kerran.
- Acquire Gnashtooth Guardroom Key
- Acquire Chief Eechik's Key
- Interrogate Chief Eechik about the whereabouts of the brothers ar-Kerran
- Find the entrance to Clan Gnashtooth's prison
- (Optional) Slay 60 kobolds — Bonus (30%): Heroic
- (Optional) Exterminate the nest of spiders - 10 total — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the black widow Spite — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay witch doctor Karnatch — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay head guard Graskitch — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay the black widow Misery — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest item (mandatory: Guardroom Key)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Kobold's Den: Rescuing Arlos)
- Acid trap on the first gate. Control panel is on the right wall before the gate. Trap only fires once.
- Fire trap at the 4-way intersection. Control panel is just in front of intersection on right.
- Acid trap on the ladder up to the chest in the room with water and pillars. Control panel is on the base of pillar behind the ladder
- Fire trap on the door to the treasure room north of Chief Eechik.
Tips and Misc
- Make sure to talk to Harbormaster Zin right in front of the Waterworks before beginning this quest. He will give you a second, related quest, to find missing denizens of Stormreach. You can only do that quest once, however.
- There is only 1 shrine in this quest - plan accordingly.
- The first acid trap and the first fire trap only fires once each, so you can wait them out if you don't have a rogue. The fire trap starts on the left hand side, so you can quickly run to the right-hand passage before that jet fires.
- The first key (Gnashtooth Guardroom Key) you need is down the eastern corridor, and is either up in the rafters in the room with the sleeping kobolds, or in the room just to the north, with the spiders.
- The locked door down the first western corridor is opened by obtaining the (Gnashtooth Guardroom Key) or can be picked.
- The locked door down the second western corridor is opened by obtaining (Chief Eechik's Key) from the Guardroom or can be picked.
- Graskitch may show up in the room with Eechik's Key.
- Spite may show up in the eastern spider room.
- Karnatch may show up in the room with the water and pillars.
- Misery may show up in the big spider room.
- Aggression bonus: 50 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 65 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 - 7
- 1 chest found in the room with the water and pillars
- 1 chest found in the room north of Chief Eechick's room, protected by a fire trap
- 1 chest found in the last spider room after the gem locked gate
- 1 optional chest for killing Head Guard Graskitch (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the room with Eechik's key)
- 1 optional chest for killing Witch Doctor Karnatch (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the room with the water and pillars)
- 1 optional chest for killing Spite (Black Widow, doesn't always spawn, found in the eastern spider room)
- 1 optional chest for killing Misery (Black Widow, doesn't always spawn, found in the last spider room)
- Collectables: Five
- Cabinet in the South-east room, with the sleeping kobolds
- Rubble in the spider room just to the north
- Mushroom in the room with Chief Eechik's key
- Mushroom in the room with the water and pillars
- Cabinet in the big spider room
- NPC rewards: None. There is no quest reward until all 4 waterworks missions are completed.
|Black Widow (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Head Guard Graskitch (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Shaman (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Warrior (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Lesser Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Witch Doctor Karnatch (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|