Under the Cover of Darkness
Town of Saltmarsh asked you asked you to capture or sink the smuggling vessel, the infamous Sea Ghost
|Requires access to : Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh|
|Under the Cover of Darkness|
|Takes place in:||*|
|Bestowed by:||Anders Solmor|
|NPC contact:||Anders Solmor|
|Quest acquired in:||The Snapping Line Inn|
|Free to Play:||No|
Now that we have found smugglers, Anders has asked us to work with Deputy Mazgill to deal with them.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Capture or burn down smugglers ship
- Find out what they are smuggling
- Find out who their buyers are
- (Optional) Lie your way to the cargo hold — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Free the sea elf — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Set fire to flammable cargo — Bonus (3%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the captain — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the deck wizard — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the first mate — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the bosun — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Deal with the rat infestation — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
- This quest can be approached in multiple ways. Your three main objectives are:
- Capture or sink the ship: either kill all four red-named officers or smash 10 flammable barrels (bonus XP.)
- Discover what the ship is smuggling: find four crests hidden around the ship, or bluff the first mate into letting you in (bonus XP.)
- Discover the buyer's identities: talk to the Lizardfolk or read the documents in the captain's cabin.
- You can talk to the Lizardfolk as long as the crew aren't attacking you. The best way to do this is to smash an explosive barrel outside their quarters, in which case one emerges to talk to you.
- Other optionals are:
- Aggression bonus: 59 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- Locked chest (Lock DC) in the second hidden room with Oceanus' equipment
- In the bilge for dealing with the rat infestation
- End chest
- Collectables: 8
- Bilge - Rubble near rats
- Bilge - Fungus near Shrine
- Cargo Hold - Adventurer's Pack in the second hidden room
- Cargo Hold - Cabinet in the second hidden room
- Forecastle - Adventurer's Pack
- Punketah's Cabin - Alchemy Table
- Punketah's Cabin - Scroll Rack
- Punketah's Cabin - Cabinet
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
||Dockworker's Outfit ( )||Clothing||
||3||Under the Cover of Darkness, End|
||Sir Squilliam III, Esq. ( )||Rune Arm||3||Under the Cover of Darkness, End|
||Splintermast ( )||Dart||
||3||Under the Cover of Darkness, end chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Bimz ( view • )||Dragon||Pseudodragon|
|Bloody Bjorn ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Cabin Boy ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Captain Sigurd Snake-Eyes ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Crewmate ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Foul Frithoff ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Grizzled Smuggler ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Infected Ship Rat ( view • )||Animal||Rat|
|Lizardfolk Envoy ( view • )||Reptilian||Lizardfolk|
|Punketah ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Ship Rat ( view • )||Animal||Rat|