|Requires access to : Keep on the Borderlands|
|Takes place in:||Temple of Evil Chaos|
|Bestowed by:||Howarth the Faithkeeper|
|NPC contact:||Howarth the Faithkeeper|
|Quest acquired in:||Keep on the Borderlands|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Cult of Evil Chaos has risen to power in the valley thanks to its skill with magic. By creating Undead and summond Demons been able to cow the local monsters into following them.
- Slay most of the cultists (8 total)
- Find and confront their leader
- Find the missing codex page
- (Optional) Explore all the nooks and crannies of the cave network — Bonus (12%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Put to rest all the undead guardians of this cursed place — Bonus (16.5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the terrible torturer — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Dice the gelatinous cube — Bonus (9%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Put to rest the restless Wight — Bonus (8%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find the secret shrine — Bonus (16%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Steal the gem from the hall of ancient warriors — Bonus (7%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Steal the (obviously) cursed tableware — Bonus (6.5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Assemble the Kobold Shrine of Evil Chaos — Bonus (7%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Assemble the Orc Shrine of Evil Chaos — Bonus (7%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Assemble the Gnoll Shrine of Evil Chaos — Bonus (7%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Ring the Bell (Summons Onnez the Oblivious) — Bonus (6%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Demon — Bonus (26%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Don't let the leader escape — Bonus (6%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Have words with the Medusa — Bonus (3%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Free the pretty problematic prisoner — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat pretty pissed prisoner — Bonus (33%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
You can recruit many NPCs (many of whom you will recognize from other quests) to help you fight.
- For completion (only), hit the room in the north of the first main cave (for cultists and a possibility at the missing codex page), then from there just push west then north, killing cultists etc. The other areas offer only optional XP, 1 chest, and NPC assistance.
- There's a chance you won't find enough cultists in the western/northern areas. If not, search the main/southern area.
- There is a small chance that the codex page will be located in one of the southern rooms.
- South, in the southeast room, are two gnolls who will join you.
- Optional: "Steal the gem from the hall of ancient warriors", which triggers a fight with undead.
- Optional: Push further south to "find the secret shrine".
- The small central room contains only a fight with casters and a collectable.
- The central-eastern area contains:
- A shrine behind a Locked door.
- Optional: Beyond that, to the north, a room with the Terrible Torturer and 4 keys that are useful later.
- Hera, the medusa prisoner, in the southern passage.
- Chatting with her gains her alliance, but does not free her.
- Optional: The Iron Key, from the Torturer's room (above), frees her to join you.
- In the south-eastern passage, the Kobold Crone, who will join you.
- Optional: Behind a Locked door, a (moderately tough!) gelatinous cube, and a chest.
- Yeshelka Frostrager, who will join you, in the eastern passage.
- Optional: A Locked room with the "restless wight".
- The square room to the west contains a shrine and several piles of gold.
- Optional: "Steal the (obviously) cursed tableware", and a not-surprising fight.
- Go north.
- Solving the lit rune puzzle will drop the barrier to the northernmost room; the aim is "light up" all the Runes for this specific puzzle.
- The eastern side loop there contains only some (sleeping!) cultists and a collectable.
- The far North-eastern side loop is behind two Secret doors. If you do not/cannot enter via Search, they will open if you do the Shrine of Chaos optional (see below).
- The codex page is randomly located throughout the cultist rooms, including the end room. It will not be found in the "cavern" area of the quest.
- End fight
The boss is behind a Secret door in the South-west corner of the large room, past the gnoll/kobold/orc shrines. He will try to escape once sufficiently hurt. You can let him escape. If you recruited Medusa to help you, she will finish him for you.
- Optional: Go back to the Medusa to "Have words with her", and then fight her. You can see the boss, turned to stone, there.
- Optional: Assembling the Shrines of Evil Chaos
- Optional: After the battle and everything else, if you brought the gnoll, kobold, and orc Charm of Evil Chaos from previous quests, you can do this optional. Slot the crests into the shrines, then, you can ring a bell to the east (target rope and hit 'e'). This summons a flesh render. Defeating him awards a chest, a "lockbox" to the west.
- Additionally, during the fight, the secret doors to the area behind the bell open and mobs from them pour into the area (if you did not clear them before). This also gives you access to that area to "Explore all the nooks and crannies of the cave network" and releases the undead in that area, if you had not before.
- Aggression bonus: 63-64 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 64 < x < 89 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 3 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 22-23 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 29 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 36 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: In order to achieve Vigilant Sight and Ransack, you may need to hold off on picking up the Codex Page until after killing the High Priest, in order to break the pews and search out the door in his quarters.
- Chests: 2-3
- 1 optional, behind a locked door and a guardian gelatinous cube
- 1 end chest
- 1 optional after end-fight, if you have all 3 Charms of Evil Chaos (from other quests)
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
||Bulwark Helm ( )||Helm||
||1||Total Chaos, End chest.|
||Ring of Magical Attunement ( )||Ring||
||1||Total Chaos, End Chest|
||Hardy Boots ( )||Boots||
||1||Total Chaos, End chest|
||Darksphere ( )||Orb||
||21||Total Chaos, End chest|
||Resonant Cloth ( )||Cloak||
||21||Epic version of []|
||Whispering Ring ( )||Ring||
||21||Total Chaos, End chest|
||Belt of Crystalline Vanity ( )||Belt||
||21||Total Chaos, End Chest|
||Fiendblood Bracers ( )||Bracers||
||21||Total Chaos, End chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Ax Cultist ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Busybody Bonehead ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Cultist Acolyte ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Cultist Adept ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Cultist Dretch ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Cultist Wight ( view • )||Undead||Wight|
|High Priest of Chaotic Evil ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Onnez the Oblivious ( view • )||Outsider||Demon|
|Queen Hera ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Medusa|
|Terrance ( view • )||Orc||Half-Orc|
|Toxic Gelatinous Cube ( view • )||Ooze||Gelatinous Cube|