|Requires access to : Keep on the Borderlands|
|Takes place in:||Gnoll Caves|
|Bestowed by:||Dolnour the Devout|
|NPC contact:||Dolnour the Devout|
|Quest acquired in:||The Keep on the Borderlands|
|Free to Play:||No|
- Find a way into the Gnoll camp
- Convince the Outlanders to turn against the Cultists
- Ask about Boomfoot about Zark Sootclub
- Find Kolva's lucky rat bone
- Join the Outlander uprising
- Defeat Chief Bloodgleam and her cronies
- Talk to Yula
- Gather evidence against Chief Bloodgleam
- (Optional) Clear out the Fire Beetles — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find all the Gnollish tablets (3 total) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Get access to the Gnolls' treasure stash (epic only) — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
There is only optional, minor combat in this quest until the end fight with Chief Bloodgleam (which consists of several waves), so don't bother buffing until you speak with the 3rd outlander, Kolva Pebbleskin. The pre-fight quest consists of a lot of initial talking, clue-finding and back-tracking to set the final showdown.
- There will be a brief cut-scene before the endfight, so you'll know when combat is coming, and there will be ample time to buff while the chief is talking.
- The only optional combat is with some firebeetles behind a gate, which guard only some breakables.
- Lock DCs: Heroic and Epic
- Talk to Yula Bloodgleam. She will unlock the gate and give you a Gnoll Charm of Evil Chaos, which will appear on the ground. Pick it up.
- Note: If a character already has the charm in inventory, it will not appear for them again.
- Open the gate and talk to the first guard inside the gate. Use the dialogue to "show" him the charm to gain access to the camp.
- Read the Diary of Ria Brasstusk, it is in the first tent on the right after you talk to the guard.
- Head down the corridor (ignore the guards) and turn right at the junction. Head east and look for a gate on the left with a lava pool behind it.
- Talk to Oro Sandcloak (standing outside the lava cave). (He will let you in on a secret, that there is evidence nearby that Cultists have been sacrificing Outlanders.)
- Read the Diary of Boomfoot; it is located in a tent in a nook across the corridor from the lava cave, next to a collectable mushroom.
- Optional (combat): Clear out the fire beetles behind the gate and smash the two breakables in the cave. This is only for breakables/kills bonus XP.
- Continue east down the corridor, until you come to the room with the three <Important Outlander> gnolls.
- Talk with Ria Brasstusk and convince her to turn against the Cultists.
- Read the Diary of Kolva Pebbleskin, it is located in the room with the three Outlander gnolls. This will trigger the "Find Kolva's lucky rat bone" objective.
- Optional: Head north and loot the treasure from the treasure room located behind a Secret door (Secret door DC). There are two "treasure piles", a collectable and a chest.
- On Heroic the chest is just locked.
- On Epic a dropped (closed) Portcullis prevents access to the unlocked chest. The 'Locked Gate' (portcullis) will require a successful skill check (Spellcraft, Disable Device, or Repair) to lower it and achieve the optional (Get access to the Gnolls' treasure stash).
- Head back west, turn left at the junction, heading south until you find Boomfoot, and talk to him. (He will tell you a secret about Zark Sootclub.)
- Head north, past the junction, until you find Chief Bloodgleam. Talk to him, and use the dialogue to convince him that you are performing a surprise inspection for the Cultists.
- (Note: If the guard does not let you speak to the chief, you failed to speak to Oro Sandcloak, in the room with the lava cave.)
- Search the Shrine of Evil Chaos, after the chief steps aside for you to inspect it. (This yields the personal ring of a sacrificed Outlander, which is the evidence you'll need to convince them.)
- Open the gate west of Chief Bloodgleam to the shrine (which may be useful later), and get the lucky rat bone, located in a tent there.
- Optional: Locked chest next to shrine
- Head back south, turn left (east) at the junction and return to the room with the three <Important Outlander> gnolls.
- Talk to Zark Sootclub, and convince him to turn against the Cultists.
- Talk to Kolva Pebbleskin, and convince her to turn against the Cultists.
- After you convince the last Outlander, there will about a 10 second pause, then a brief cutscene, and Chief Bloodgleam will appear and start a dialogue with the Outlanders. There is enough time to buff here before the end fight, where you need to defeat three waves of Cultist gnolls.
- After the fight, head a short distance north and talk to Yula Bloodgleam to complete the quest and loot the chest.
- The phrase "Violent Delights" is from to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, appropriate both for the hidden plotline revealed at the end, and for the end-fight itself: "These violent delights have violent ends..."
- The last dialogue that "you" say, "All's well that ends well...", is another play by Shakespeare.
- Yula is a variant spelling of Julia, or Juliette.
- Discreet bonus: ≤14 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: >1 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 11 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 locked near the Shrine
- 1 locked/unlocked in the Secret Treasure room
- 1 End chest
- Collectables: 5
- 1 Fungus by Diary of Boomfoot
- 1 Fungus in the corridor north of Ria, Zark, and Kolva (not always there)
- 1 Adventurer's Pack in the Secret treasure room
- 1 Rubble in the room with the four cultist gnolls, just outside of Chief Bloodgleam's lair (not always there)
- 1 Adventurer's Pack on the Shrine of Evil Chaos (not always there, may be epic only)
- 1 Crude altar in the tent by the shrine west of Chief Bloodgleam (not always there)
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
||Giyar's Boots of Dashing ( )||Boots||
||1||Violent Delights, end chest|
||Aegis of the First Watch ( )||Small shield||
||1||Violent Delights, End Chest|
||Duskpalm ( )||Gloves||
||1||Violent Delights, end chest|
||Orb of Acid ( )||Orb||
||21||Violent Delights, End Chest|
||Golden Glittering Bangle ( )||Bracers||
||21||Violent Delights, End Chest|
||Ring of Crystalline Vanity ( )||Ring||
||21||Violent Delights, End chest|
||Blackfeather Cloak ( )||Cloak||
||21||Epic version of []|
||Belt of Blind Devotion ( )||Belt||
||21||Violent Delights, end chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Borderlands Fire Beetle ( view • )||Vermin||Insect|
|Chief Bloodgleam ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Cultist Roughhand ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Cultist Scrapper ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Cultist Shaman ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Dretch Spawn ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Hezrou Chaos Spawn ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
A variety of Gnoll Outlanders appear in this mission, and will join you for the final fight: