Obstructing the Orcs
|Requires access to : Keep on the Borderlands|
|Obstructing the Orcs|
|Takes place in:||Orc Caves|
|Bestowed by:||Sartra Esalovin|
|NPC contact:||Sartra Esalovin|
|Quest acquired in:||The Keep on the Borderlands|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Arrive at the entrance of the two Orc Clans
- Defeat the Frostrager Chieftain
- Defeat the Ashtusk Chieftain
- Thin the ranks of the Orc tribes
- (Optional) Disrupt the Frostrager supplies — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Frostrager Champion — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Ashtusk Champion — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy the Ashtuck Armory — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- Tripwire, near Frostrager Gong, which if triggered alerts nearby mobs (can be jumped over).
Tips and Misc
- In the Ashtusk and Frostrager chieftans' rooms, there are secret doors that lead to the other room.
- There are also levers in each chieftan's room that open a gate to the end chest in that secret passage.
- In the Ashtusk chieftan's room there is a second secret door with a bonus locked chest.
- Optional: On the Ashtusk side, the "Defeat the Ashtusk Champion" is in the first hallway in the north.
- Optional: On the Ashtusk side, the "Destroy the Ashtusk Armory" optional is off an alcove in the north. A skill check is required (Repair, Disable Device, or Haggle). On Heroic Elite the Disable Device required roll is 20 (19:Fail; 20:Success). NB: Weirdly even though Disable Device is a trained only skill (requires training to be used). Any Character even ones without the Disable Device skill training can succeed with the (re)roll. Possibly a bug as the roll erroneously sees it as: 0 instead of: N/A for none trained Characters.
- Optional: On the Frostrager side, the "Defeat the Frostrager Champion" is down the eastern passage
- Optional: On the Frostrager side, the first door on the left leads to the "Disrupt the Frostrager supplies" optional. A skill check is required (Spellcraft, Search, or Use Magic Device). On Heroic Elite, 6 UMD succeeded.
- Optional: Yeshelka Frostrager is a prisoner on the Frostrager side. Find her and talk to her to get the Orc Charm of Evil Chaos, which is one of three charms used in Total Chaos to unlock a +25% XP optional and chest.
- Onslaught bonus: 38-39 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 9 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 14 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- Locked Chest, behind secret door in room with Grat Ashtusk
- End chest behind gate in secret area between orc lairs, requires two levers to be pulled
- Collectables: 2
- 1 Cabinet in room with NPC Yeshelka Frostragers
- 1 Adventurer's Pack in southeast room of Ashtusk lair
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Grat Ashtusk (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Yatur Frostrager (NoPic)||Orc||Orc|
|Ashtusk Champion (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Frostrager Champion (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Ashtusk Barbarian (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Ashtusk Fighter (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Bound Fire Guardian (view)||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Bound Ice Guardian (view)||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Dretch Spawn (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Frostrager Ranger (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Frostrager Rogue (view)||Orc||Orc|