The Hobgoblin Horde
|Requires access to : Keep on the Borderlands|
|The Hobgoblin Horde|
|Takes place in:||Hobgoblin Caves*|
|Bestowed by:||Ranbolt Satherwild|
|NPC contact:||Ranbolt Satherwild|
|Quest acquired in:||Keep on the Borderlands|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Hobgoblin Chieftain
- Find the Iron Key
- Find the Guardroom Door Key
- Open the Iron-barred Door
- (Optional) Figure out where the levers lead. — Bonus (1%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Engorged Umber Hulk — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Mok-Gar the Smasher — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
Trap DCs (Epic)
Chopping blade traps (passage running south from southern tunnels)
Tips and Misc
You enter the quest in a small alcove in the northern half of the eastern loop of tunnels.
- Go west first.
- In the dead-end tunnel leading west from the second large area, kill the "new chief" and grab the iron key.
- Optional: In the shrine room, pull the lever to an orange crystal.
- In the passage leading back between the second and first areas, an alcove has now opened with a red-crystal lever - pull that.
- Back in the first area, the "goblins' common area", a passage has now opened leading north to an ogre mini-boss and a chest.
- There is a red crystal on the ground - this is the "Find out where the levers lead" optional.
- Go back east and use the iron key to open that door, and loop around to the southern passages.
- Puzzle: Pull the lever below the rune panel once to start the test. All the runes will light (ignore that), then several will light in sequence - remember that sequence. After they have lit, repeat that sequence to light the first gem; the puzzle will then automatically progress to the next sequence. Repeat 3, then 4, then 5 runes to light all 3 gems, and the puzzle is solved.
- After a sequence is shown to you, there may appear one rune that is high-lighted - ignore that (unless it's part of the sequence).
- If you make a mistake, you must pull the lever again to start over from 3 runes.
- Continue west.
- Optional: Take the windy side-passage south to an umber hulk and chest.
- At the 4-way intersection, south leads to a shrine (but there is another just ahead).
- The chopping blade traps are visible to all and can be easily timed.
- Pull the lever at the T intersection at the end of the passage to stop the traps.
- West is a fight for more kills, east is the shrine.
- In the third-from-last room, the lever to continue is behind some crates in the southeast corner.
- The chieftain, and a chest, will be found in the second-to-last room.
- The last room is locked; the chest there is also locked.
- Aggression bonus: >47 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- NPC rewards: