Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Schism Shard Crafting
| Requires access to adventure pack|
You can craft Schism Shards acquired from the raid Killing Time with certain epic-level weapons to receive an upgraded or altered legendary weapon. Schism Shards are Bound to Account on AcquireBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire, and the crafted weapons are Bound to Character on AcquireBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire.
Varron Tertius <Schism Shard Collector>
- Located in The Gatekeepers' Grove.
- You have to complete Killing Time to speak with Varron and view the crafting recipes.
- Schism Shards - found in the end chest of Killing Time as a rare drop. They are also available in exchange for 500 Time Runes. (Source: DDO Forums)
Unlike most crafting systems, the base weapons capable of being upgraded exist across three entirely different quests from separate adventure packs:
- Legendary Echo of Blackrazor - Great Sword
- Legendary Echo of Wave - Quarterstaff
- Legendary Echo of Whelm - War Hammer
- Legendary Wave of Despair - Bastard Sword
- Legendary Wave of Sorrow - Great Sword
- Epic Leopard's Chill - Scimitar
Each of the recipes to upgrade or alter the White Plume Mountain weapons also requires that weapon's respective sentient jewel.
- Base weapons must not have ever had sentient jewels slotted into them. In order to use such a base weapon, the jewel must first be removed or destroyed. After you have unslotted the sentient jewel, selecting the upgrade target weapon in the forge window will show the base weapon as "This weapon must not be sentient", and won't accept it. Instead, the base weapon must be dragged into the ingredient area of the forge window.
- Additionally, sentient jewels used as ingredients for upgrading must have 0 Sentience XP.
- Note that with the White Plume Mountain weapons, each has an option of either a direct upgrade to the weapon, or an upgrade to a secondary weapon type. Be careful when making your selection!
WARNING: Any Mythic or Reaper bonuses the base weapon has will be lost on upgrade.
- As of Update 41, players will be able to spend a new raid ingredient, Threads of Fate, to add Mythic +2 or Mythic +4 bonuses to the upgraded versions of these weapons. (Source: DDO Forums)
|Upgraded Weapon||Upgraded Weapon type||Base Weapon||Schism Shards||Sentient Jewel?|
|Reflection of Wave||Quarterstaff||Legendary Echo of Wave||5||Sentient Jewel of Wave|
|Sphere of Waves||Orb||Legendary Echo of Wave||5||Sentient Jewel of Wave|
|Reflection of Blackrazor||Great Sword||Legendary Echo of Blackrazor||5||Sentient Jewel of Blackrazor|
|Soulrazor||Long Sword||Legendary Echo of Blackrazor||5||Sentient Jewel of Blackrazor|
|Reflection of Whelm||War Hammer||Legendary Echo of Whelm||5||Sentient Jewel of Whelm|
|Overwhelming Impact||Throwing Hammer||Legendary Echo of Whelm||5||Sentient Jewel of Whelm|
|Reflection of Angdrelve||Great Sword||Legendary Wave of Sorrow||5||None|
|Soul's Sorrow||Bastard Sword||Legendary Wave of Despair||5||None|
|Reflection of The Frostblade||Scimitar||Epic Leopard's Chill||5||None|