Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Legendary Green Steel items
Legendary Green Steel Augment recipes
Legendary Green Steel (abbreviated LGS) is a crafting system introduced in Update 29. Minimum level 26.
New ingredients are Bound to Account on AcquireBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire. Tier 1 and Tier 2 ingredients to be found in flagging quests (To Curse the Sky and Creeping Death) also. Tier 3 ingredients will only drop in end chest of the Codex and the Shroud or Devil Assault (quest).
Legendary Hound of Xoriat and Legendary Tempest's Spine provides "indirect access" to ingredients in the form of 1,000 Raid Runes trade-in, but this is for Tier 1 and 2 only.
|Name||Icon(s)||Bind||Available at||Used at|
|Codex Rune||Bound to AccountBound to Account: This item is Bound to Account||
||Altar of Fecundity
Legendary Altar of Devastation
|Commendation of Valor||Bound to CharacterBound to Character: This item is Bound to Character||
||All tiers, all crafting altars
|(Tier 1) Legendary Small...||Bound to AccountBound to Account: This item is Bound to Account||
||Legendary Altar of Invasion
|(Tier 2) Legendary Medium...||Bound to AccountBound to Account: This item is Bound to Account||
||Legendary Altar of Subjugation
|(Tier 3) Legendary Large...||Bound to AccountBound to Account: This item is Bound to Account||
||Legendary Altar of Devastation
|Immortal's Heart||Bound to AccountBound to Account: This item is Bound to Account||
||Confirmed for Taint Cleansing|
|Originally Posted by (executive producer) Severlin |
Our design goals are currently focused on end game play more so than game economy. This is why we have designed the system to keep the ingredients, at least initially, as bound to account. This allows us to track the accumulation of ingredients and items and acts to mitigate the collateral damage of potential exploits. This still allows players to move ingredients to alternate characters that need them, while acting as a preventive measure against new or previously unknown (by us) methods of duplication.
Tempest Rune turn-in example:
- (Standard): Tempest Rune Trader success with Green Steel Ingredients! Created: Legendary Small Sulfurous Stone (1), Legendary Medium Sulfurous Stone (1), Legendary Small Twisted Shrapnel (2), Legendary Small Devil Scales (1), Legendary Medium Devil Scales (1), Legendary Medium Gnawed Bone (1), Legendary Small Length of Infernal Chain (1).
Xorian Rune turn-in example:
- (Standard): Xorian Rune Trader success with Green Steel Ingredients! Created: Legendary Small Sulfurous Stone (1), Legendary Small Twisted Shrapnel (2), Legendary Medium Twisted Shrapnel (2), Legendary Small Devil Scales (2), Legendary Medium Gnawed Bone (1).
Items are crafted in the Altar of Fecundity in Meridia, using 100 Codex Runes and 100 Commendations of Valor. Weapons all have 5[W]. There is no armor, shield, orb, nor runearm. All items are Bound to Character on AcquireBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire.
|Known Legendary Green Steel blank items|
|Simple melee||Martial melee||Exotic melee|
Recipes, Slots and Augments
A new kind of Augment system dubbed "Green Steel Augment Slots" has been implemented. All Legendary Green Steel weapons have 4 slots (3 Tiers + Active). All Legendary Green Steel equipment have 5 slots (+ "Fangs of Shavarath" slot to be filled by Immortal's Heart, to cleanse Legendary Taint of Shavarath effect). These are filled by 120+ types of augments that somewhat resemble their heroic versions, composed in a way such as Air/Dominion/Material. Augments are all Bound to Account on AcquireBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire.
(See sub-pages for recipes and effect details)
- Green Steel Tier 1 Slot
- Green Steel Tier 2 Slot
- Green Steel Tier 3 Slot - bonus effects are granted for weapons only
- Green Steel Active Slot - like the heroic Tier 1/2 combo effects/clickies
You can slot Green Steel Augment at will and in any order. No need to start from Tier 1 to get an effect you desire. You also can overwrite any slot any time while you are in public instance.
Augment removal is possible, but it will require a store-only consumable item, called Legendary Green Steel Extractor.
Differences from Heroic version
- Stat weapons - Tier 1/2/3 bonus type is Enhancement/Insight/Exceptional and +15/+7/+2 (Tier 1 changed from +14 to +15 with U29P2). +2 Exceptional is new but not stacking. I.E. it only offers +1 over other sources such as Globe of True Imperial Blood.
- HP/SP + Skills equipment
- HP/SP - Stacking nature of Heroic HP/SP equipment was discontinued initially (Enhancement/Insight/Quality, +56/+28/+14 [HP] +302/+151/+75 [SP] respectively). However they changed the first tier bonus types to Profane with U29P2, to make them stack with other sources (now Profane/Insight/Quality, +28/+28/+14 [HP] and +151/151/75 [SP] respectively).
- Skills - Competence/Insight/Quality (not Exceptional) and +22/+11/+6. The best you can find on Update 29 randomly generated loot is Competence/Insight +20/+10-ish. (A display error stating Enhancement bonuses for tier 1 has been fixed with U29P1. "Charisma skills" do include Use Magic Device, however amount of bonus for it has been reduced to +6/+3/+1 with U29P1.
- Negative/Dominion/Material weapon - Unholy/Evil Burst/Evil Blast do Negative energy damage unlike Heroic variants, which were all alignment based damage.
- Ethereal/Opposition weapon - MRR is new. Enhancement/Quality/Exceptional and +35/+9/+9.
- Positive/Material/Opposition equipment - Unconsciousness Range expansion is new.
- Heroic tier 1/2 combo effects are replaced by Active Augment slot. You now have to spend ingredients separately for these, and most options require Tier 3 ingredients also. Some options are very, very expensive. For example;
- The most popular Displacement clickie requires 3x T3 manufactured ingredients (equivalent to 12 raw Larges).
- Radiant Forcefield, Reincarnate and Sigil of Warding require 12x T3 manufactured ingredients (48 raw Larges).
- Summon Frog is the most expensive one in this regard, it requires 15x T3 manufactured ingredients (60 raw Larges), but according to its description, it is supposed to be a fluff/bragging-rights item.
Bonus effects for weapons
The bonus is determined by the combination of four foci; one Tier 1, one Tier 2, and two Tier 3.
- See the list of effects here.
Worked example - for 'Dust' effect on a Shuriken :
- create tier 1 shard Inferior Focus of Negative Energy ( - 12d6 acid damage on hit)
- create tier 2 shard Focus of Earth ( - Negative Burst damage on hit)
- create tier 3 double shard of Earth and Negative Energy ( - 10d120 acid damage on vorpal hit)
Bonus effects for equipment
Wearing two or more items can provide different kinds of bonus. All but one of the items must be cleansed. It is typed as Legendary bonus.
Dominion / Escalation / Opposition bonus
This is one theory on how it works, based on a number of tests.
3% set bonus, 1% per augment
1% set bonus, 1% per 3 augments
|Hit points |
3% set bonus, 1% per augment
|2 augments||+5% SP||+1 Maximum Dodge||+5% HP|
|3 augments||+6% SP||+2 Maximum Dodgescreenshot||+6% HP[Unverified"+6% HP" has not been verified in-game. Please verify it!]|
|4 augments||+7% SPscreenshot||+2 Maximum Dodge||+7% HP|
|5 augments||+8% SP||+2 Maximum Dodge||+8% HP|
|6 augments||+9% SP||+3 Maximum Dodge DDO Forums||+9% HP|
- If one augment type has plurality, that becomes the dominant type, and determines the bonus type.
- If no augment type is dominant, you don't get a bonus. (Tests 2, 3).
- The strength of the bonus is determined by the number of unique dominant augments, according to the table above.
- A dominant augment must be unique. The (deliberate) mistake in Test 11 was that the Tier 2 Dominion augments were identical.
- The Tier of the augments (1/2/3) is irrelevant. (Test 12 and others).
- You must wear two accessories, although one of them could be empty. (Test 6).
- With more than two accessories and more than 6 dominant augments, bonus is expected to increase along the same curve. 12 Opposition augments give 30% HP bonus.
- The bonuses stack with those from Epic Destinies.
- Opposition set, along with requiring Opposition to be dominant, requires an equal amount of Dominion and Escalation among your items (0 of each counts as equal).
Tests with 2 accessories
|Test||Bonus||1st Accessory||2nd Accessory||Comment|
|1||+2 dodge||ESC / ESC / ESC||DOM / DOM / ---||3 Escalation|
|2||no bonus||ESC / ESC / ESC||DOM / DOM / DOM||3 Escalation, 3 Dominion|
|3||no bonus||DOM / DOM / ---||ESC / OPP / ESC||2 Escalation, 2 Dominion|
|4||+10% SP||DOM / --- / ---||ESC / DOM / ---||2 Dominion|
|5||+12% SP||DOM / DOM / ---||ESC / DOM / ---||3 Dominion|
|6||+12% SP||DOM / DOM / DOM||--- / --- / ---||3 Dominion|
|7||+12% SP||DOM / DOM / DOM||ESC / --- / ---||3 Dominion|
|8||+12% SP||DOM / DOM / DOM||ESC / OPP / ESC||3 Dominion|
|9||+14% SP||DOM / DOM / DOM||ESC / DOM / ---||4 Dominion|
|10||+14% SP||DOM / DOM / DOM||ESC / DOM / ESC||4 Dominion|
|11||+12% SP||DOM / DOM / DOM||ESC / DOM / ESC||3 Dominion; two identical augments|
|12||+10% HP||--- / --- / OPP||--- / --- / OPP||2 Opposition|
Note Added 1/2/17 - Had an item Air / Dominion / Ethereal for two tiers. Added an item Negative / Escalation / Material for two tiers. Under Effects it reported: "You benefit from your Dominion. --- Legendary modifier to Maximum Spell Points: +9%". Based on the above, it should not have had any effect.
Ethereal / Material set bonus
4 piece set bonus grants the following. DDO Forums
- Material: increase in melee critical damage and spell critical multiplier. screenshot
- Ethereal: increase in Incorporeal miss chance screenshot
|Math||Incorporeal miss chance
1% set bonus
0.5% per augment
|Physical and spell crit damage |
+1% / +5% set bonus
+1% / +2% per augment
|2 augments||+2.0%||3% / 9%|
|3 augments||+2.5%||4% / 11%|
|4 augments||+3.0%||5% / 13%|
|5 augments||+3.5%||6% / 15%|
|6 augments||+4.0%||7% / 17%|
Combination set bonus
5 piece set bonus appears when you have both 2 and 4 piece bonus active.
Dominion Escalation Opposition Material Controller's Gripscreenshot
Your spells and attacks have a small [?%] chance to Paralyze each enemy in an area around the target for 12 seconds. Fortitude save DC 90.
Sound and Silence screenshot
Your spells and attacks have a small [?%] chance to cause 10d20 sonic damage to nearby enemies and Silence them. Silence effect Will save DC 90.
Your spells and attacks have a [?%] chance to kill non-boss enemy, if they have 5,000 or fewer hitopoints. Inflicts three stacks of Vulnerability on bosses and enemies with greater than 5,000 hitpoints.
Ethereal Mind Spike screenshot
Your spells and attacks have a small [?%] chance to Confuse each enemy in an area around the target for 12 seconds. Will save DC 90.
Whispers of Life screenshot
Your spells and attacks have a small [?%] chance to heal you and nearby allies for 10d20 hitpoints through Positive Energy.
Brazen Brilliance screenshot
Your spells and attacks have a small [?%] chance to cause 10d20 Light damage to nearby enemies and Blind them. Reflex save DC 90.
Legendary Green Steel Handwraps were not originally available - they were introduced in Update 33 Patch 2 following the Handwraps rework.
On Lamannia, two-handed, ranged weapons, and Bastard Swords had +1 critical multiplier as a base weapon-specific bonus, but it was a confirmed bug.DDO Forums
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO library > Crafting
Root > DDO meta > Pages mentioning a Turbine employee > Pages mentioning Severlin
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Items > Item groups > Crafted items > Green Steel items > Legendary Green Steel items
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums
Root > DDOwiki meta > Unverified