Ghosts of Perdition
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Powerful planar forces sealed the caves beneath the Tree of Woe in deep layers of ice.
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 4|
|Ghosts of Perdition|
|Epic XP:||See Ghosts of Perdition (epic)|
|Takes place in:||Glacial Abyss|
|Bestowed by:||Bittany Devile|
|NPC contact:||Bittany Devile|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Bittany told you the legend of the Glacial Abyss' guardian. Beneath the Tree of Woe, under the Orchard of the Macabre is the Abyss. You are to explore and seek out the guardian and defeat it. This is essential to gain access to the Black Mausoleum.
- Speak to the Wayward Philosophers
- Descend further into the abyss
- Reunite the brothers
- Explore the Glacial Abyss
- Seek out the Guardian of the Abyss
- Break the Doomsphere's seals (Destroy 3)
- Gather your party around the Doomsphere
- Fight the Doomsphere
- Speak to the Doomsphere
- (Optional) Fight off the first wave (Kill 10) — Bonus (16%): Heroic
- (Optional) Fight off the second wave (Kill 15) — Bonus (16%): Heroic
- (Optional) Fight off the third wave (Kill 20) — Bonus (16%): Heroic
- (Optional) Fight off the fourth wave (Kill 25) — Bonus (16%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Collapsible floors
- Points of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Monsters that have to be killed almost simultaneously (mandatory: the 2 Wheep brothers)
- Gather your party before venturing forth
Tips and Misc
- Chill Touch will NOT fear Cholthulzz anymore.
- The two brothers (boss wheeps) must be killed within 48 seconds of each other, they spawn in separate rooms, cannot be kited towards each other, and have regen, which makes soloing difficult.
- They cannot pass their chamber's doors; if they try, they will return to the center of their room at full health.
- Cholthulzz is a CR Undead Beholder (Doomsphere) and takes a while to kill. Since Update 23, he will not cast regular beholder spells such as Antimagic, Enervation, or Disintegration. Instead, he can apply a minor Damage over Time effect. More dangerous is a ray that does massive Constitution damage (25 points being reported); this can quickly render player characters helpless. See ability damage for ways to cure ability damage. In solo play, without party members to help restore stat damage, attacking Cholthulzz while moving in a tight circle around him may help reduce the chance of his CON drain hitting. Pale Masters in undead form are immune to the CON drain, as are characters under the influence of Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers. High Spell Resistance reportedly block the rays. Spell Absorption does not work.
- Aggression bonus: 71 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Notes: ** It may be possible to achieve Onslaught or Conquest by killing everything in the four waves.
- Ransack numbers change during adventure. 28 was enough for mischief at end
- Chests: 2
- One end chest
- One chest if all the enemy waves are completed (possible shield piece).
- Collectables: 4
- Adventurer's Pack in a pit just before the second dropdown
- Adventurer's Pack just past Zotisi's chamber
- Adventurer's Pack in Urogot's chamber
- Adventurer's Pack just before Cholthulzz's chamber
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
||Argenti's Armor||Full Plate||
||12||Ghosts of Perdition, End Chest|
||Bow of the Elements (Ice)||Long Bow||
||12||Ghosts of Perdition, End chest|
||Fell Rapier of Ice||Rapier||
||12||Ghosts of Perdition, End chest|
||Cloak of Ice||Cloak||
||13||Ghosts of Perdition, end chest|
||13||Ghosts of Perdition, End Chest|