Seizing the Dawn
|Requires access to : Peril of the Planar Eyes|
|Seizing the Dawn|
|Takes place in:||Canyon of the Eternal Sun|
|Bestowed by:||Falin d'Phiarlan|
|NPC contact:||Falin d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Free to Play:||No|
- Explore the Canyons
- Find the Sealing Crests
- (Optional) Save the Missing Cleric — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Thok Ul'kuur — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Explore the Mysterious Tunnels — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Get past the Kobold den — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Clan Skalthrakis Lair Guardian — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Skalthrakis — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
Climbable rock ladders
Tips and Misc
- Gather the four crests
- Hammer crest - close to start, left off the main path
- Mace crest - At the top of the open area near the puzzle, at the top of a rock ladder OR at the bottom of same (scorpion ambush)
- Sword crest - At the bottom of the chasm in front of the sealed gate (near the wounded cleric) OR in the western cave (scorpions deadend or small pool of water)
- Spear crest - western cave, western end, in a pool of water, defended by a water elemental
There's a lever/button at the bottom of the first open area (guarded by scorpions); it opens a wall near water elemental allowing access to the Thok Ul'kuur optional. The secret door can be found by search, unlocked and opened. Bug: If the wall is opened with the lever, it still can be found by search, unlocked and closed. A solid wall remains which cannot be opened again so players are stuck on either side of the wall.
- Solve the puzzle
- The basic aim of the puzzle is to get all the four floating spheres set in a horizontal row; the vertical position (height) you need to set the four spheres to, is indicated when a sphere is moved into a position so that it "glows".
- There are four buttons that control the floating balls, the fifth button in the back resets the puzzle.
- Puzzle Layout 1: 3,4,4,1,2 (meaning hit the 3rd button, the 4th twice, the 1st, then the 2nd)
- Puzzle Layout 2: 4,2,2,3,1
- Puzzle Layout 3: 4,3,2,1
- Puzzle Layout 4: 1,2,2,3,4
- Puzzle Layout 5: 4,3,2,1,2
- Note: All of these solutions boil down to just 2 (order doesn't matter): 4321(2) or 4321(4) (the number in parentheses being optional)
- The stochastic approach: jump around for a minute or two until it solves.
- In the temple
- Under the temple there's the missing cleric. Optionally, talk to him for some XP.
- Solving the puzzle opens the door.
- Run up. Go left or right, doesn't matter. There's a shrine in the center.
- Defeat the archon, claim the planar eye, and your rewards.
- Dragon optional
- Drop down into the chasm under the temple entrance.
- Go through some long caves, kill some kobolds... Ultimately, there's a dragon, and a chest (no named loot and mediocre XP). An underwater barrier in the dragon cave appears to have no way of opening.
- Conquest bonus: 129 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 Optional for slaying Thok Ul'kuur Scorrow
- 1 Optional for slaying Skalthrakis the Blue Dragon
- 1 End Chest
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Aosu'riel ( view • )||Good Outsider||Angel|
|Canyon Hyena ( view • )||Animal||Hyena|
|Canyon Scorpion ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Canyon Stalker ( view • )||Animal||Hyena|
|Clan Skalthrakis Fangstriker ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Clan Skalthrakis Lair Guardian ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Clan Skalthrakis Scalewarden ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Clan Skalthrakis Spellscale ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Hidden Hand Claw ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Hidden Hand Finger ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Hidden Hand Palm ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Hidden Hand Shield Guardian ( view • )||Construct||Golem|
|Lantern Archon Protector ( view • )||Good Outsider||Angel|
|Neris'lana ( view • )||Elemental||Water Elemental|
|Skalthrakis ( view • )||Dragon||Blue Dragon|
|Stone Temple Protector ( view • )||Construct||Golem|
|Thok Ul'kuur ( view • )||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|