Seizing the Dawn
|Requires access to : Peril of the Planar Eyes|
|Seizing the Dawn|
|Takes place in:||Canyon of the Eternal Sun*|
|Bestowed by:||Fain d'Phiarlan|
|NPC contact:||Fain d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Free to Play:||No|
- Explore the Canyons
- Find the Sealing Crests
- (Optional) Save the Missing Cleric — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Thok Ul'kuur — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Explore the Mysterious Tunnels — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Get past the Kobold den — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Clan Skalthrakis Lair Guardian — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Skalthrakis — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
Climbable rock ladders
Tips and Misc
- Gather the four crests
- Hammer crest - close to start, left off the main path
- Mace crest - At the top of the open area near the puzzle, at the top of a rock ladder OR at the bottom of same (scorpion ambush)
- Sword crest - Cave in front of the sealed gate, at the bottom OR in the western cave (scorpions deadend or small pool of water)
- Spear crest - western cave, western end, in a pool of water, defended by a water elemental
There's a lever/button at the bottom of the first open area (guarded by scorpions); it opens a wall near water elemental allowing access to the Thok Ul'kuur optional. The secret door can be found by search, unlocked and opened. Bug: If the wall is opened with the lever, it still can be found by search, unlocked and closed. A solid wall remains which cannot be opened again so players are stuck on either side of the wall.
- Solve the puzzle
- The basic aim of the puzzle is to get all the four floating spheres set in a horizontal row; the vertical position (height) you need to set the four spheres to, is indicated when a sphere is moved into a position so that it "glows".
- There are four buttons that control the floating balls, the fifth button in the back resets the puzzle.
- Puzzle Layout 1: 3,4,4,1,2
- Puzzle Layout 2: 4,2,2,3,1
- Puzzle Layout 3: 4,3,2,1
- Puzzle Layout 4: 1,2,2,3,4
- Puzzle Layout 5: 4,3,2,1,2
- The stochastic approach: jump around for a minute or two until it solves.
- In the temple
- Under the temple there's the missing cleric. Optionally, talk to him for some XP.
- Solving the puzzle opens the door.
- Run up. Go left or right, doesn't matter. There's a shrine in the center.
- Defeat the archon, claim the planar eye, and your rewards.
- Dragon optional
- Drop down into the chasm under the temple entrance.
- Go through some long caves, kill some kobolds... Ultimately, there's a dragon, and a chest (no named loot and mediocre XP). An underwater barrier in the dragon cave appears to have no way of opening.
- Conquest bonus: 129 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop