There's now a newas the old one was hacked and deleted.
Eye Know Whodunnit
|Requires access to : Peril of the Planar Eyes|
|Eye Know Whodunnit|
|Takes place in:||Crawben Bix's Construction Site|
|Bestowed by:||Alban Kimble|
|NPC contact:||Alban Kimble|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the Eye of Syrania
- Speak with Crawben Bix, the landlord
- Find out who stole it
- (Optional) Gather evidence against Aethor — Bonus (22%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Gather evidence against Bernadot — Bonus (22%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Gather evidence against Clarissa — Bonus (22%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Gather evidence against Dannis — Bonus (22%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Loads of Secret doors
Tips and Misc
- This is a crime investigation. There are four suspects and you have to find four pieces of evidence for one of them.
- Each suspect has a locked door nearby and drops a key after being killed. You can only accuse a suspect if three pieces of evidence for them drop.
- Only one of the optional objectives can be completed. Two of the other suspects drop two pieces of evidence, and one will drop three (and can thus be accused and fought), but only the suspect with the Eye will have a completable optional.
- All four candidates are up to something nasty. Bernadot and Dannis are running cults, as is Aethor (although his real secret is rather more sinister.) Clarissa, meanwhile, is merely running a crime ring.
- In the graveyard there is a lever that opens a secret door, which may be mandatory for characters who can't search/spot the secret door normally. The lever is sitting behind one of the tombs on the east side of the graveyard, and the camera can easily be obscured by the trees and brush, making it very easy to miss. Further complicating this is the fact that the lever doesn't appear until the enemies in the graveyard are killed. It isn't just invisible/locked/hidden; the lever literally doesn't even spawn until the enemies are killed.
- Gather evidence against Aethor
- Loud Kobold in sewers
- Kobold footprints, inside the building
- Daelkyr Idol, sewers behind a secret door
- Inactive Khyber portal in the sewers
- Gather evidence against Bernadot
- Pithy Pamphlet, inside the building or in cemetary
- Cultist Hood, in cemetary
- Union Worker, outside the construction site
- Voluntold Sacrifice Victim, underneath cemetery
- Gather evidence against Clarissa
- Halfling corpse, inside the building
- Marena the Chatterbox, outside the construction site
- Caleb the Snitch, outside the construction site
- Discarded Toolkit, inside the building to the south
- Gather evidence against Dannis
- Bloody feathers, in the sewers
- Disgruntled Worker, outside the construction site
- Veterans's Diary, somewhere around the construction site
- Ledger of accounts in the underground passageways
Optimal Route Walk-through
- Each candidate has two pieces of evidence which always spawn, and two which are "conclusive" - if such evidence spawns, you can accuse that suspect later. It's usually quicker to accuse a suspect after three items are found, as the fourth is often hidden.
- Your first step is to talk to Crawben Bix, followed by all four of the suspects. You'll need to select the top line of dialogue for each (typically something like "Where can I find you for further questioning?") for this objective to progress; the suspect will then leave.
- Head to the open sewer tunnel nearby. Caleb the Snitch might be around this area.
- Jump down into the sewer, fight some Kobolds and Hellhounds. Keep an eye out for the Loud Kobold NPC. At the bottom of the stairs, head north, then turn west and clear the altar room. If the Khyber Idol is here, congratulations! You've found conclusive evidence for Aethor.
- If your search skill is high enough and you didn't find the idol, check the room behind the secret door to the North. It's got a Kobold miniboss and possibly also the Khyber Portal.
- Head to the east, then south. If you can open the secret door by Aethor, do so, then head south to the building site. While you're in any of the underground passageways, keep an eye out for Dannis's accounts ledger.
- If you didn't meet the Loud Kobold in the sewers, he'll be here; so will the Kobold Footprints. If you now have three pieces of evidence for Aethor, you can accuse him - skip to J'accuse! below. If there's a halfling corpse down here, meanwhile, that's conclusive evidence for Clarissa, and there should also be bloody feathers which counts against Dannis.
- Bernadot and her worker's union are also in the building site. The Pithy Pamphlet might be around here somewhere; so might the Discarded Toolkit, which is conclusive evidence for Clarissa.
- Head up to the top level, keeping an eye out for Sharn Syndicate goons and archers. This area contains a lot of evidence: Marena the Chatterbox, who'll you'll need to interview to accuse Clarissa, the Disgruntled Worker, and the Union Worker are all guaranteed, and Caleb the Snitch is here if you haven't found him already. The Veteran's Diary, which is conclusive against Dannis, may also possibly spawn.
- By this point, you should have all the guaranteed evidence for Aethor, Clarissa and Dannis (Bernadot's pamphlet might be in the cemetary). You might also be able to accuse Clarissa or Dannis - see J'accuse! below.
- If not, your possibilities are down to Bernadot or Dannis. Head down into the building site, then west into the crypts.
- If the Veteran's Diary or the accounts ledger spawn in the crypts, you can accuse Dannis. If not, your guilty party is Bernadot. Make sure to check the chain-filled room behind the closed door for the sacrifice participant.
- Still nothing? Head back up top, then into the graveyard. If the Cultist Hood is there, grab it; if not, beat up the cultists, and head down into the tomb to find the Sacrifice Participant. Either way, you can now accuse Bernadot.
- If the Pithy Pamphlet wasn't in the building site, that'll be here too.
- Each boss, when accused and defeated, drops a key in the original location they spawned. Make sure to pick it up before moving on.
- Aethor is just east of the stairs in the sewer, behind a secret door. Nearly all of his spells are Lightning type (bring absorption), and his boss fight also has an unexpected twist - without spoiling too much, you'll need Good and Piercing DR bypass to melee him.
- Bernadot spams Blade Barrier but is otherwise uncomplicated. She's in the union headquarters in the building site.
- To accuse Clarissa, you'll need to speak to Marena, then head to the top level and take the door to the south before speaking to the Dragon Portrait. She attacks on sight.
- Dannis is in the chapel above the crypts. His fight is probably toughest - he's got a lot of help, and you'll need Evil damage bypass.
Finishing the Job:
- You'll now have a key which opens a door nearby. Aethor's, Clarissa's and Dannis's doors are all nearby; Bernadot's is in the cult HQ beneath the tomb in the graveyard.
- If the Eye is there it should be immediately obvious; otherwise, you've accused the wrong candidate. Head back up to the main walkthrough and continue where you left off.
- Once you accuse the correct candidate, speak to the eye; three angels from Syrania appear to claim it. They'll leave behind a tiny end chest with your named loot in it.
- Since the end chest (the one the angels drop) can spawn in one of four different locations, the game considers them to be separate chests for the purpose of ransack penalties. This means a player hunting for named loot can potentially run this quest as many as 32 times before ransack becomes a problem.
- It is no longer necessary to speak to Crawben again to complete the quest - bear in mind activating the Eye will now finish the quest instantly.
-There's a Syndicate Trainer with a pack of Raptors who attacks you. When you kill him, he says "You are the alpha now...". This is a reference to Jurassic World.
- Aggression bonus: 107 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 8 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 10 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 12 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 35 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 56 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Two
- One behind a secret door above the building site
- One end chest
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop