An Element of Chaos
|Requires access to : Peril of the Planar Eyes|
|An Element of Chaos|
|Takes place in:||Ancient Sulatar Shrine*|
|Bestowed by:||Thaddeus Donbury|
|NPC contact:||Thaddeus Donbury|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Explore the Sulatar Ruins
- Open the Cavern Shrine Door
- Retrieve the Eye of Kythri
- (Optional) Slay K'Laren Fireblade — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- puzzle (repeat pattern)
- respawning monsters (upstairs after defeating the efreet)
- 2x iron spikes behind the first sealed door (Trap Control panel before spikes on the right): Tamper bonus
- Elemental damage downstairs, no control panel
Tips and Misc
Unlike some other quests in this adventure pack, this is a fairly short and straightforward quest.
- Proceed forward, clearing a few encounters on the main path and side rooms before solving a puzzle to open the first door.
- Mind the two spike traps. These can be easily dodged with a bit of timing.
- You'll need to throw two levers to open the door beyond the chasm. One won't unlock until the nearby efreet Darnoc the Everburning is slain.
- Backtrack a few rooms to the fiery chasm; mind the respawning mobs.
- There's a shrine in a side room.
- Halfway down (optional)
- Fall into the fiery chasm. Behind a secret door halfway down, there's a few monsters and a chest.
- Elemental cave
- Don't fall into the fiery chasm, but rather walk along a ledge.
- Fall into a different cavern, this time with all kinds of elemental risks.
- One more shrine shows up in a side room - be warned that entering it will trigger both a group of Slaad and the nearby Hidden Hand culists.
- The end fight triggers as soon as you approach the eye; a wall of fire springs up a short distance from the Dais, blocking further access until the boss dies. Kill Ik'thanor, grab eye, loot chest.
- Be warned that if you leave the quest with Extreme Cold still active, it won't wear off until you log out and in again, even persisting through death. Try to stay off the ice in the boss chamber.
- Aggression bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 64 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 78 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 9 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 14 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three
- One for defeating efreet near lever
- One optional for defeating K'Laren Fireblade (behind the secret door)
- One end chest
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop