|Beautiful Nightmares is the 4th quest in the Peril of the Planar Eyes .|
|These quests can be completed in any order.|
|An Element of Chaos • Eye Know Whodunnit • Seizing the Dawn • Beautiful Nightmares|
It's been a long journey to the old, isolated monastery where the Eye of Dal Quor is being held. Your eyes and feet grow heavy as you approach the Monastery's door.
|Requires access to : Peril of the Planar Eyes|
|Takes place in:||The House of Languor|
|Bestowed by:||Electa Poole|
|NPC contact:||Electa Poole|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Plaza|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Eye of Dal Quor is being held at a monastery in the jungle south of Stormreach called the House of Languor. Head there to retrieve the Eye.
- Talk to the Head Monk about the Eye of Dol Quor
- Meet Mother Ashira in the Rose Chamber
- Pray before the altar
- Find your way to the Twilight Chapel
- Escape the chasm
- Reach the Twilight's Floor upper level
- Dispel the Barrier above the Twilight Chapel
- Choose between the two trials
- Jump down into the Twilight Chapel
- Survive the Eye's final challenge
- (Optional) Discover the fate of the Hidden Hand Cultists — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Pet all the monastery animals (12 total) — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Solve the floor tile puzzle (Trial of Mind) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Incapacitate the Sleepwalker (Trial of Might) — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Smash the power crystal (Trial of Might) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Waiting until the narrator is done with talking so that you can proceed.
- Altars that you use to travel between real world and dream world.
- Monsters that you need to defeat before you can venture forth. Some monsters are phasing.
- Climbable rock ladders
Tips and Misc
- Talk to Mother Ashira
- Head east past the Courtyard to the Rose Chamber.
- Defeat the ambush (Twilight Chamber) and head westwards to the Courtyard.
- After climbing back up to the top of the Courtyard, go south past the Library and return to your Dream at the Altar of Chaos.
- Go north past the Refectory and return to Reality at the Altar of Faith.
- Go south and take the first door on the left (east) after going through the Refectory again. (You can also open the door to the Courtyard which will help latecomers catch up.)
- Climb up the stones (footholds and handholds) on the wall to the Dormitory.
- Jump across the Courtyard and grab the crest of the Bat.
- Go through the (east) door next to the Bat Crest, past the Balneary and return to your Dream at the Altar of Fear.
- Grab the crest of the Monkey and go past the Balneary.
- Jump across the Courtyard and use the crests to open the Raven Door, then go down the hall and return to Reality at the Altar of Peace.
- There is a Secret door (Secret Door DC) on the west side of the room with the Altar, containing a chest.
- Head south and return to your Dream at the Altar of Storms. (You can also open the door to the Courtyard which will help latecomers catch up.)
- Choose between the two trials:
- Trial of Might (South, grants a chest): Go past the Ritual of Might and return to Reality, then complete the Ritual of Might by battling the Sleepwalker and Floofersnout to dispel the barrier above the Chapel. Go north past the Altar of Storms, then west to jump down into the Chapel.
- Trial of Mind (West): Complete a floor tile puzzle to dispel the barrier above the Chapel, then return to Reality at the Altar of Calm. Go north then west to jump down into the Chapel.
- Complete the fight with the statues and elementals to complete the quest.
Locations for the pets
- Buddy: Courtyard
- Artie: Library
- Misty: Library
- Chime: Refectory
- Squeeky: Refectory
- Goldie: Twilight Chamber
- Bluebell: Twilight Chamber
- Meow-meow: Dormitory
- Snowball: Dormitory
- This cat is a bit more hidden than the others, the name plate will not appear. It is sleeping on one of the beds.
- Fish: Balneary
- Scarlet: Behind Raven Door
- Floofersnout: Ritual of Might
- All of the pets are actually Quori. Most take the form of Dream Crawlers, except Floofersnout, who is a unique wolf-like Quori.
- Discreet bonus: 48 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 49 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 60 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 Behind secret door at the last shrine (Secret Door DC)
- 1 After the trial of might
- 1 End Chest
- Collectables: 8–10 out of:
- Flowering Plant in dream near first puzzle
- Fungus in reality near ambush
- Rubble in reality near upper valve (may be granted)
- Bookshelf in dream near Artie and Misty (may be granted)
- Rubble in reality in room before ladder
- Adventurer's Pack in reality at bottom of ladder (may be granted)
- Adventurer's Pack in reality at top of ladder
- Adventurer's Pack in reality on a candelabra (may be granted)
- Fungus in reality short after the crest
- Adventurer's Pack in dream on a candelabra (may be granted)
- Cabinet in dream near Snowball
- Cabinet in dream near Scarlet
- Adventurer's pack in reality near north west altar
- Flowering Plant in dream within Trial of Mind
- Crude Altar in dream within Trial of Might
- Crude Altar in reality at final challenge
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Artie ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Bluebell ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Buddy ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Candlelight Blaze ( view • )||Elemental||Fire Elemental|
|Chime ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Fish ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Floofersnout ( view • )||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Goldie ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Lingering Truth ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Meow-meow ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Misty ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Quori Brawler ( view • )||Aberration||Dream Reaver|
|Scarlet ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Sleepwalker ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Snowball ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Spiritual Wave ( view • )||Elemental||Water Elemental|
|Squeeky ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Quori|
|Transfigured Statue ( view • )||Giant||Giant|
|Twilight Barrier Crystal ( view • )||Construct||Inanimate Object|