Falcor Redwillow's latest archaeological dig ended in disaster. Salvage what you can from his slaughtered expedition.
|Takes place in:||Redwillow's Ruins|
|Bestowed by:||Jandul d'Jorasco|
|NPC contact:||Jandul d'Jorasco|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Jandul d'Jorasco recently gave her covert blessing to an expedition that ended in disaster. The archaeologist Falcor Redwillow told Jandul that he'd located a valuable source of 'materials' for her House, and convinced her to provide him with significant funds and manpower without alerting her elders. Now Falcor reports that his party has been ambushed, most of his researchers have been slain, and the valuables he sought has been seized! Journey to the site of Falcor's failed dig and salvage what you can of his efforts....
- Find and speak with Falcor Redwillow
- Obtain Redwillow's research notes
- Obtain the sealed container
- Find the remains and personal effects of three research assistants
- Find Jada's necklace
- Return Redwillow's research notes to Gadbin
- Return the warded container to Sil
- Return three sets of personal effects to Caldia
- Return the missing necklace to Jada
- Inform Falcor Redwillow of your success
- Find and kill the giant Tor'gahn beyond Falcor Redwillow's gate
- (Optional) Find and speak with Redwillow's contact — Bonus (5%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill the bugbear Savage Tooth — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill the night scorpion Ravenous — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill the gargoyle Toligath — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill the hobgoblin Gribblecrux Mightyfist — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Ker'xxan T'korcha's party - 7 total — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Clear the jungle paths - 50 total — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Eliminate the goblinoids in their lair - 17 total — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Clean out the bugbear fortress - 22 total — Bonus (22%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Tor'gahn's giant army - 16 total — Bonus (25%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (mandatory: 5 items)
- 2 Dungeons: Bugbear Fortress (Second Map) and Goblinoids Lair (Third Map)
All appear in the goblinoid lair. (Trap DCs)
- Spike and spinning blade traps by the closed gate; the control box is to the right of the gate's lever, on the opposite end of the wall.
- Spinning blades covering the ramp up and to the right leading to the shrines; opening the gate to the shrine will set off the traps. There are two control panels, one immediately under the gate lever, and one on a post to the right, inside the room. You only need to use one to disable the traps.
- Spinning blades near the spider webs on the other side; the control panel is under the skull-box on the left.
- Spikes and spinning blades down the central corridor; the control panel is on the support beam to the left.
- Spinning blades and spikes in cave area
Tips and Misc
- There's an additional shrine not shown on the map inside the goblinoid lair, just east of the northern shrine.
- Occasionally you'll "spy two dark-skinned forms" running away as you approach certain areas; you can't target them.
- Redwillow and his surviving assistants can be found just southeast of the entrance.
- You can't return any of the items until you've recovered them all.
- You can destroy the quest items and "break" the quest by dragging them out of your inventory before turning them in.
- Jada's necklace can be found further to the southeast, guarded by Geeblebrox and several trolls.
- The bugbear fortress is immediately beyond, up the stairs.
- Savage Tooth may appear deep inside the bugbear fortress.
- Ravenous may appear to the northeast of the entrance.
- The personal effects can be found further to the northeast, guarded by Harblimar and several trolls.
- The research notes can be found south of the northern shrines, guarded by Black Bile Eater and several hobgoblins.
- The sealed container (appears as "warded container") can be found to the east, guarded by Reeksun Bloodcleaver and several bugbears.
- Toligath may appear up the stairs to the north.
- The goblinoid lair is immediately beyond the gargoyles.
- The chest down the left-hand path, behind the spider webs, is Locked (Lock DCs) and behind traps.
- Redwillow's contact, Ker'xxan T'korcha, can be found west of the southwestern shrine; two party members will be at the shrine. He won't talk to you until you've gotten the mission from Redwillow first.
- Don't step through Redwillow's gate until the entire party is buffed and ready to go; you'll immediately be set upon by several hobgoblins and hill giants.
- The shrine south of the gate is guarded by several hill giants as well; make sure to clear it out before heading north.
- Tor'gahn (Red Named Hill Giant End Boss) is just up the hill guarded by several giants.
- Devious bonus: 15 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 91 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 118 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 146 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Conquest is very hard to obtain, you have to kill everything on the map (including killing all of Tor'gahn's giant army before killing Tor'gahn)
- Chests: 8 - 12
- 1 for killing Geeblebrox (Troll, found southeast of Redwillow and his assistants)
- 1 rare optional for killing Savage Tooth (Bugbear Assassin, found in the bugbear fortress, southeast of Redwillow and his assistants)
- 1 rare optional for killing Ravenous (Night Scorpion, found northeast of the entrance)
- 1 for killing Harblimar (Troll, found northeast of the entrance)
- 1 for killing Black Bile Eater (Hobgoblin Witch Doctor, found south of the northern shrine)
- 1 for killing Reeksun Bloodcleaver (Hobgoblin, found southeast of the northern shrine)
- 1 rare optional for killing Toligath (Gargoyle, found east of the northern shrine, in front of the hobgoblin cave)
- 1 rare optional for killing Gribblecrux Mightyfist (Hobgoblin, found east of the northern shrine, inside the hobgoblin cave)
- 1 locked, inside the hobgoblin cave, behind the spider webs. When it is opened, six spiders spawn.
- 1 locked, hidden behind some trees near the center of the map, slightly south of the camp by the broken wall
- 1 for killing Ker'xxan T'korcha (Drow Wizard, found west of the southwestern shrine)
- 1 at the end for killing Tor'gahn (Hill Giant)
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: +1 weapons & armor
Named Chest Drop
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, Harblimar's Chest|
||Gargoyle Granite Plate||Full Plate||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, Toligath's Chest|
||Savage Sword||Bastard Sword||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, Savage Tooth's Chest|
||Scorpion Tail Shortbow||Short Bow||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, Ravenous' Chest|
||Twig of the Giant Mage||Quarterstaff||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, End Chest|
||Maul of Might||Maul||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, Gribblecrux Mightyfist's Chest|
||T'Korcha Family Scimitar||Scimitar||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, Ker'xxan T'korcha's chest|
||Poison-Tipped Crossbow||Light Crossbow||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, end chest|
||Drow Hunter's Armor||Leather||
||4||Redwillow's Ruins, Ker'xxan T'korcha's Chest|
||5||Redwillow's Ruins, Reeksun Bloodcraver's Chest|
||Ring of Troll's Regeneration||Ring||
||5||Redwillow's Ruins, Geeblebrox's Chest|
||Cloak of Troll's Resistance||Cloak||
||5||Redwillow's Ruins, Geeblebrox's Chest|
||Cloak of Silence||Cloak||5||Redwillow's Ruins, Ker'xxan T'korcha's chest|