Mad Tea Party
All Vallaki is a-buzz with the news. Lady Wachter has invited her life-long enemy, Baron Vallakovich, over for tea. Join the party and uncover what dark intrigues are brewing in Wachterhaus.
|Requires access to : Mists of Ravenloft|
|A Mad Tea Party|
|Takes place in:||The Town of Vallaki|
|Bestowed by:||Jirko Lukresh|
|NPC contact:||Jirko Lukresh|
|Quest acquired in:||The Land of Barovia|
|Patron:||Keepers of the Feather|
|Free to Play:||No|
Lady Fiona Wachter is having a tea party. You're invited - and so is Baron Vargas Vallakovich, her nemesis. Go to Wachterhaus and attend the party - the fate of Vallaki may hang in the balance.
- Introduce yourself to Baron Vallakovich
- Introduce yourself to Lady Wachter
- Choose a side: Baron Vallakovich or Lady Wachter
- Investigate the underground passage
- Find a way into Baron Vallakovich’s manor
- Thwart Lady Wachter's plans
- Return to Baron Vallakovich
- (Optional) Incriminate Lady Fiona Wachter — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Make Izek Strazni disappear — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Investigate the servant disappearances — Bonus (12%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Investigate the strange noise — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Investigate the mirror — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Betray both Lady Wachter and Baron Vallakovich — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Cull the cultists — Bonus (33%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay the devils — Bonus (28%): Heroic Epic
- Dart trap behind the secret door in the fireplace; a control panel is on the wall just inside.
- Bookshelves at the other end are incredibly musty, to the point of poisoning you. No box, just be careful getting that collectible.
Tips and Misc
- In Lady Wachter's Mansion
- Go left, chat with Lady Fiona and then the Baron. The Keepers of the Feather Patron was invited with his wife. He's not part of the quest in any way, but knows something is up.
- If you can unlock the door in the party room, you can chat with an optional NPC there. He gives you a blue key and promises to aid you later. Else, you may find a blue key near a well below the kitchen.
- You can run around the rest of Wachter mansion to gather some incriminating evidence against her.
- Her daughter is locked and insane in an upper room, you can restore her sanity with a Restoration spell, Remove Disease, a potion of Remove curse, or Break Enchantment. A hireling with Restoration is a viable option here, or Greater Dispel Magic. Unyielding Sovereignty will NOT work. Neither will the Heal spell.
- There is a sealed chest hidden behind a secret door in the fireplace of Fiona's bedroom/ritual room. It is not a lootable chest, but using it you get the clue "The chest is filled with human bones, an adult human skull among them. Carved into its forehead are the words, "Traitor to Zarovich crown" and "Rest In Torment."".
- Doing the three things above (chatting with Ernst Larnack; finding the bones; and restoring Stella Wachter's sanity) will complete the Incriminate Lady Fiona Wachter optional.
- She brought cultists. Be very wary of the many casters, most of which love to drain levels.
- Underground tunnels. Abishais (Blue and Red), Orthons, and Bearded Devils await you.
- Kill cultists and devils. Do puzzles. Instead of lighting the points, they must all be extinguished. There's one shrine in the tunnels, with one shrine in the restrooms of the Baron's and Fiona's mansions.
- Know your Devils
- They require DR/Good.
- Blue Abishais regenerate, disappearing to do so. Immune to electricity and uses Blade Barrier, they probably the most difficult of the devils. Like Ogre Magi, stun, knockdown or otherwise make helpless to beat them before they disappear.
- Demons teleport to you, often targeting your casters or heavy damage dealers first. Use Banishment (Wiz 7,AoE) or Dismissal (Wiz 5,Foe), both on different timers.
- There will be reinforcements and ambush when you return from Baron's place. Kill them again (or let Izek take a crack at a few; see below).
- In the Baron's Mansion
- The Baron's guards are formidable and numerous. Don't underestimate the archers, which often use entrapment spells that will immobilize you.
- Izek Strazni is a brute, deal with him. You can fight him directly with his troops, or you can tell him of Fiona's treachery, which makes him run into Fiona's tunnels to be ambushed. Stop your party just before entering the tunnel and Izek will take a few out before going down himself, killing several nasty birds with a nasty stone.
- Baron's son kills innocents with utter lack of concern. He is as a caster that will summon rather potent water elementals in his defense.
- The Baron's wife is a Stepford-smiling murderer in reality. Near the mansion shrine is a mirror she has used. If you have Use Magic Device skill, you can use the shade locked inside to let it return the favor to the wife.
- The Baron is also creepy; obsessed with Ireena Kolyana as is Stradh, as you might discover in a non-lootable chest in one of the Baron's rooms.
- If you lack a Rogue, one of the rooms has a bunch of keys that will open the Baron's jail doors as well as a few other rooms of the mansion.
- Back to the party
- Clear the tunnels carefully and return to Wachter's place. You will have to re-solve puzzles, slaying as you go.
- Get the Jeweled Key in the basement to unlock the Lady's room on the 2nd floor.
- Party room is locked. You can persuade the Wachter sons to depart, or fight them (they'll leave after a certain amount of damage).
- Deal with the Lady in her room. She is a caster. Get party room key.
- Deal with Baron in the party room. Here you may choose to let the Baron go or take him out to betray both hosts.
Sometimes Lady Wachter remains in the tunnels where she confronted you and doesn't return to the private library. You can still complete the quest, though. Once you've entered the library, she will activate; you just need to go to the tunnels to kill her and then return to the library to get the key.
- Aggression bonus: 116 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 153 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 42 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four
- One in Fiona's Private Library after Thwarting Lady Wachter's plans
- One in Victor's Room after killing Baronet Viktor Vallakovich
- One in Tea Party room at the end of the quest
- One extra in Tea Party room if you leave the Baron alive
- Collectables: 15
- 2 Bookshelves (lore) in the locked room off from the Tea Party room
- Reagents Cabinet (arcane) in the secret room off from Fiona's bedroom (requires blue key)
- Scroll Rack (arcane) in the secret room off from Fiona's bedroom
- Alchemy Table (arcane) in the secret room off from Fiona's bedroom
- 3 Scroll Racks (arcane) in the first room to the right off from the secret tunnel
- 3 Scroll Racks and 1 Bookshelf (3 arcane, 1 lore) in the southern tunnel
- 2 Scroll Racks (arcane) in Fiona's private library (boss battle)
- Bookshelf (lore) in Fiona's private library
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
||10||Mad Tea Party, End chest|
||29||Mad Tea Party, End chest|
||Legendary Blight Inferno||Rune Arm||29||Mad Tea Party, End Chest|
||Blight Inferno||Rune Arm||10||Mad Tea Party, End Chest|
||10||Mad Tea Party, End chest|
||Legendary Summoner's Spectacles||Goggles||
||29||Mad Tea Party, End chest|
||10||Sealed in Amber, Find the vestige of Zhudun for Kasimir chest; Mad Tea Party, end chest|
||Legendary Twisthallow Cloak||Cloak||
||29||Sealed in Amber, Find the vestige of Zhudun for Kasimir chest; Mad Tea Party, end chest|