Ghost of a Chance (epic)
The brothers Worley discovered a pirate smuggling operation. Now one of them is now dead and the other is imprisoned somewhere within.
|Requires access to : Three-Barrel Cove|
|Ghost of a Chance|
|Heroic XP:||Ghost of a Chance|
|Takes place in:||Goldhorn's Repository|
|Bestowed by:||Marteen Worley|
|NPC contact:||Marteen Worley|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
The ghost of Marteen Worley told you the sad tale of his unfortunate demise, and how his brother suffers in his place. Farrier Worley is being held to the far north west shore, near the wreckage of the Rotten Shark. The prison entrance is just south of there, and underwater. Marteen asked you to rescue his brother, and put an end to the evil Pirate Captain Goldhorn.
- Free the imprisoned Farrier Worley
- Speak with Farrier Worley
- Do not allow Farrier Worley to die
- (Optional) Slay the twin Scrags — Bonus (45%): Epic
- Blades from the floor, behind the second blue barrier (long hall to the east, not shown on map)
Tips and Misc
- Contrary to the Overview, the end boss isn't Goldhorn, but instead Major Mal - named after former DDO Live Producer MajorMalphunktion.
- The cannons don't have trap Control panels to disarm them.
- In the first alcove (on the right, located due south of the dungeon entrance), there is a pillar with a (locked) lever behind it. This lever can be picked or knocked; pulling it disables the blade traps for approximately 10 seconds. This is just enough time for a hasted character to pass safely through the trap zone.
- These traps are not marked on the map. Look for the skeletons on the floor as the hall starts, that's where the first of 3 lines of blades are.
- Past the traps is a box to disable the blades.
- Unlike the heroic version, solving the puzzle doesn't award any extra XP; it may, however, be easier than the end fight.
- There are shrines at the Scrags.
- Aggression bonus: 53 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: <=70 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 18? or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 29 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One for slaying the twin Scrags
- One for saving Worley
- and either (not both) of...
- One for slaying Major Mal (locked until all enemies are killed, cannot be picked)
- One for solving the optional puzzle
- Collectables: 5
- Adventurer's Pack underwater at the end of the underwater tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack to the west after entering the main door
- Fungus in the southern alcove room
- Alchemy Table in the main boss room
- Adventurer's Pack in the cell with Farrier
- NPC rewards: May contain items from the Heroic Corsair's Cunning set or a Pirate Treasure Map. <this needs to be verified since U22.2>
Named Chest Drop
||Devourer's Reaping ( )||Sickle||
||24||Ghost of a Chance (epic), Puzzle chest|
||Kobold Admiral's Tiller ( )||Buckler shield||
||24||Ghost of a Chance (epic), Puzzle chest; Three-Barrel Cove (epic), All Rare Encounters|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Cannith Crystal (monster) ( view • )||5||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Cannith Sentry ( view • )||Construct||Iron Defender|
|Gorgon Cannoneer (dwarf) ( view • )||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Gorgon Cannoneer (human) ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Gorgon Sailor (human) ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Gorgon Sailor (warforged) ( view • )||Living Construct||Warforged|
|Magefire Cannon ( view • )||Construct||Animated Object|
|Major Mal ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Repair Drone ( view • )||Construct||Animated Object|
|Shazam ( view • )||Giant||Troll|
|Sniper Drone ( view • )||Construct||Animated Object|
|Spotter Drone ( view • )||Construct||Animated Object|
|Wham ( view • )||Giant||Troll|