Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan!
Under the leadership of powerful creatures like the Ogre Magi, the savage ogres of the Restless Isles represent a dire threat to the peaceful peoples of Xen'drik.
|Requires access to : The Restless Isles|
|Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan!|
|Takes place in:||Ghola Fan's Compound|
|Quest acquired in:||Restless Isles|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Mul-Tong is a leader of a faction of the Runetusk Clan. His people were divided by the mind flayers and by the efforts of a traitorous ogre maged named Ghola-Fan. The only way to unite the clan is with Ghola-Fan's death.
- This quest is given by visiting Mul-Tong on his island in the Restless Isles. Those who have not been bestowed the quest will have to fight their way to the quest giver, while those who have (either by making the journey or by having the quest shared with them) can get to Mul-Tong (and very near the quest itself) by speaking to the Runetusk guide at the end of the first passage when you use the elevator from the Restless Isles.
- This quest gives the Broken Sigil, one half of the Sigil of Dal Quor. The other is gained from Slavers of the Shrieking Mines.
- Kill Ghola-Fan
- Find the Crest of the Monkey
- Find the Crest of the Scorpion
- Unlock the door using the Monkey and the Scorpion crests
- Defeat the Iron Golems
- Defeat Tako the Killer
- Defeat Taskmaster Tar-Lom
- Defeat the Warden
- Unlock the prison using the Warden's key
- Find the Crest of the Octopus
- Find the Crest of the Snake
- Unlock the door using the Octopus and the Snake crests
- Defeat Ur-Keshik the Seer
- Defeat Ghola-Fan's wildman slaves (Slay 8)
- Defeat Ghola-Fan's brute squad (Slay 8)
- (Optional) Kill 30 Ogre Brutes — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill 20 Ogre Cutthroats — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill 15 Ogre Mystics — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Divert the attention of the guards by freeing their captives — Bonus (5%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defeat Ghola-Fan's Royal Guard (Slay 6) — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Retrieve the damaged ogre skull — Bonus (5%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Chaos orbs
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Spikes (random)
- The passage to Tako the Killer (south east area) has various traps which cannot be disabled. First set are whirling blades. Next are stepping stones (follow the sequence as displayed on the wall). The next are spike traps (can be avoided by jumping onto wall in each corner). Next is fiery darts (these are widely enough spaced to allow you to run up between 2 paths of fire). Lastly are blades from the floor walls.
- The spiral wooden ramp leading down (just after the first crest-locked door) has a lever at the top of it. This activates the blade trap on the ramp. Doing so will take out the ogres on the ramp, but means you will have to negotiate the blades yourself. This can be done by jumping down the central shaft (has to be done without featherfall, which slows you enough for the blades to get you).
- Alternatively, a friendly trapper can jump down while sneaking, then you turn on the blades to take care of the ogres, and after that, the rogue, safely at the ground level, can disarm the trap with ease.
- In the room with Ur-Keshik the Seer, there are fire, force, and sonic traps controlled by nearby ogres, and one trap disarmable via box. The ogres can mostly be ranged from the corridor without setting off the traps.
Tips and Misc
- Breaking down the door to reach the entrance to the dungeon requires 22 STR, a knock spell, or a damaging AoE fire spell (fireball or burning hands). Archmage Force Blast also works, as does the Tier 5 Rogue Mechanic enhancement Time Bomb or throwing a Sun Flask. Single target spells like Scorching Ray do not work.
- A 35+ open lock is also enough to lockpick it. Similarly, many doors in the quest can be picked rather than bashed, although these doors are easily broken. Picking Locks is useful for stealth runs, as picking automatically opens these doors without breaking invisibility.
- If you range the Warden from the hallway, he will come to fight you alone, without awakening the nearby ogres.
- Before fighting Taskmaster Tar-Lom, you can see a brief scene where Ghola-Fan is talking with Lord Istharan, the final boss of The Twilight Forge.
- If you buy the Quori-Forged Key from Mizuma, you can swim through an underground passage (head to Q on the Restless Isles map) and arrive directly inside the palace, bypassing the main gate. Note that this doesn't shorten the quest in any way; it's simply a shortcut to the entrance.
- The Quori-Forged Key also allows you to complete the "Retrieve the damaged ogre skull" optional.
- Aggression bonus: 120 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 156 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 192 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 142 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 184 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 227 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4, plus 9 more holding 1 very low-value item.
- Three in the "Sauna" at the western shrine (contain a single low-value item)
- One in the viewing area above Taskmaster Tar-Lom
- One in Ur-Keshik's chamber, the room with the eastern shrine. It is trapped (opening it from behind appears to be safe)
- Six in Ghola-Fan's obvious treasure room (each contains only a single (short) stack of gems or 90-200 gold)
- Two chests beyond a secret door, which lies north behind boxes in the first treasure room. CL10 Detect Secret Doors clicky is not enough to find the secret door on Elite; True Seeing is.
- Additionally, Ogre Khan's Skull can be found after Ghola-Fan is defeated. Go west from Ghola-Fan's throne room and check the bone pile in there. This item helps you make the way to the Twilight Forge raid. To access the bone pile, you must have the Quoriforged Key, purchased from an ogre near the questgiver. This key cannot be repurchased if destroyed.
- Collectables: Three
- Adventurer's Pack in the southeast room, between the stepping-stones and the spikes
- Adventurer's Pack in Ur-Keshik's chamber
- Adventurer's Pack in the prison, in the west central cell
- NPC rewards: A Broken Sigil and your choice from 8-10 items (around level 10-12) or Mystical Vessel (previously used in Cannith Crafting but rendered useless in Update 32)
Named Chest Drop
- Fellblade - +4 Falchion 1.50[2d6]: , (Balcony)
- Mystic Belt - Belt: — 2 Charges (Recharged/Day:2), , (Treasure Room)
- Mystic Band - Tiara: , , (Treasure Room)
- Royal Guard Mask - Mask: — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1) (Treasure Room)
- Stave of the Seer - +4 Quarterstaff 1.50[2d6], 19-20x2, INT/WIS to hit/damage: , , , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1), , (Ur-Keshik the Seer)
|Royal Guard (view)||Goblinoid||Bugbear|
|Tako the Killer (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Taskmaster Tar-Lom (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Ur-Keshik the Seer (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Warden Feng (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Bugbear Goon (view)||Goblinoid||Bugbear|
|Iron Golem (view)||Construct||Golem|
|Ogre Brute (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Ogre Cutthroat (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Ogre Mystic (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Prison Guard (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Wildman (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Wildman|
|Worg Sentinel (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|