The Restless Isles
|Requires access to : The Restless Isles|
The Restless Isles are your starting point to get to the Twilight Forge.
This adventure zone is accessed through The Foothold.
Access to Restless Isles
- If you have completed the quest Hiding in Plain Sight, you may use the Wayfinder in The Marketplace, Zerchi Spire-Keeper <Restless Isles Transport>, near the auctioneer.
If you do not flag for the trip with Hiding in Plain Sight, you can still use an alternative method:
- You can also gain access to the isles with the level 3 Ship Navigator, or the lvl 2 if you have the explorer area's quest in your journal.
- The Greater Teleport spell will transport you and your party to the foothold.
- A Bracelet of Friends or Greater Bracelet of Friends can be used if the party member is at the foothold.
- None of the teleport options or the navigator will work if you do not have access to the adventure pack.
Note: If you fall off from any of the islands, you will die, even if you have. (Hirelings are unaffected by the death effect.)
In addition to the Rare Encounter / Slayer / Explorer quests typical to all Wilderness Adventure Areas, the following quests can be found in this zone:
- Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan! and its quest giver
- Slavers of the Shrieking Mines and its quest giver
- The Twilight Forge and The Titan Awakes
Quests By Favor
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan!||10||18||The Free Agents|
|Slavers of the Shrieking Mines||10||18||The Free Agents|
|The Twilight Forge (R)||11*||30||The Free Agents|
|The Titan Awakes (R)||12||18||The Free Agents|
|Total||4 Quests||84 Favor|
(R) = 12-man Raid party
- NB! You can get and enter The Twilight Forge quest at level 8, but must be level 9 to continue on into The Titan Awakes raid once you get to the end of The Twilight Forge! The Titan Awakes cannot be entered separately later, and can only be entered from the end of that (very long) pre-raid quest.
- Slay Snikkit, the tunnel scorpion
- Slay Kaedak, the wildman outcast
- Slay Than Hap, the charred sacrifice
- Slay 10 creatures in The Restless Isles: 445 XP = 44.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 creatures in The Restless Isles: 606 XP = 40.4 xp/kill
- Slay 50 creatures in The Restless Isles: 835 XP = 33.4 xp/kill
- Slay 100 creatures in The Restless Isles: 1,267 XP = 25.34 xp/kill
- Slay 200 creatures in The Restless Isles: 2,080 XP = 20.8 xp/kill
- Slay 400 creatures in The Restless Isles: 3,700 XP = 18.5 xp/kill
- Slay 750 creatures in The Restless Isles: 6,270 XP = 17.91 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 creatures in The Restless Isles: 13,162 XP = 17.55 xp/kill
- Discover the sacrificial sepulcher
- Explore the wildman alcove (requires Horrid Golden Figurine from Slavers of the Shrieking Mines)
- Discover the Island of scorrow outcasts
- Uncover the mutinous wildmen cabal
- Discover the wildmen sanctuary
- Find the place of ancient sacrifice
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- DC to open Locked Chest (outside at Location "O") is 52 .
Paths to quests
These paths assume you have a rogue to pick doors. (Unlock DCs are 45. ) Otherwise you need to kill some ogres to get Runetusk Pass-Keys. Also there are several gates which can be opened by killing monsters nearby.
Before you can enter this area you have to pay off Karn Cold-Trail at the Foothold:
- no skill: 10,000 gold (1,000 pp)
- Intimidate or Diplomacy (DC: 23) for 5,000 gold (500 pp)
- Bluff for only 2,000 gold (200 pp)
Otherwise, his crew on the island will refuse to help, including Ostler Caulstone who will not repair the sigil for you. As soon as Karn is convinced, Ostler will work as a merchant and Laina the Excoriated will serve as tavern keeper and soul binder.
If you have the quests in your journal, you can use the Wildman Guide and the Runetusk Guide to send you directly to their respective clan footholds. However, they will refuse to help if you have not yet meet their elders, or if you have already completed the quests. If you want to keep the guides active, retake the quests after you complete them.
When following the paths described, below, it's fairly easy to simply run/jump past the various opponents in the tunnels. However, this can quickly raise the Dungeon Alert level both in the tunnels and on the islands - consider before choosing that tactic.
To Shrieking Mines
Refer to the maps, above right.
- Follow the tunnel (past oozes and spiders, and the Wildman Guide) until you get to the first locked door, which is just past the Runetuck guide. Take the lift up, and kill the ogres and acquire a pass-key.
- Head back down that same shaft, go through that same locked door to the end of that tunnel, then take the lift up.
- Kill the local ogres to open the gate, cross the bridge to the other island, and take the lift down.
- Walk until you get to the next lift up.
- Kill the local Wildmen to open the gate, (loot the locked chest if you can and want to), cross the bridge to the other island, kill some ogres and pick up another key, and take the lift down.
- You will quickly come to a Wildman Guide; go right at that intersection, and continue until you come to a 3-way intersection with a (locked) gate.
- The entrance of the Shrieking Mines is down to your left, but you need the quest first, so go straight, through the (locked) gate.
- (Past some Wildmen) go left at the next intersection (ignoring that lift up), and continue straight (past a door on your right, and then more scorpions) until you get to the lift up.
- Rest at the shrine, get the quest, then come back to the Shrieking Mines entrance (simply go back down the same shaft and bear right).
- When speaking to Opu, Diplomacy or Haggle will work automatically (no DC check necessary). Intimidate will automatically fail (again, no DC possible) but will give you a chance to make a different choice.
- Follow the tunnel (past oozes and spiders, and the Wildman Guide), and go left at the first gate, (past the Runetuck Guide) and take the lift up.
- Kill the local ogres to open the gate, get a key, cross the bridge to the next island, and take the lift down.
- Go left immediately (and go past ogres, ogre magi, and worgs).
- Go through the locked gate, straight through the immediate intersection, and straight again to a 2nd lift. Go up and kill the Runetusk Overseer up there with a key. Go back and take the immediate left (facing east).
- Ignore the locked door on your right (or use Open Lock for a fight and chest), go through the next locked door in front of you.
- Continue, (use the shrine on your right if you want), and take the lift up.
- You're standing in front of the Ghola-Fan's palace... but you need the quest first, so go right and cross the bridge to the next island, go down the lift.
- Ignore the two locked doors and go to the lift up.
- Rest at shrine, take the quest.
- It doesn't matter whether you choose Diplomacy, Haggle or Bluff, Mul-Tong will reject your first effort, but follow the dialogue and the quest will be bestowed.
- You can now go back to the Ghola-Fan's compound in the same way, but you can instead purchase a Quori-Forged Key from Mizuma. You can then use it on the shortcut - the locked door on the right (on your way back in) to the underwater passage directly to the quest.
- Pull 2 levers to open the underwater gate. A wave of Black Puddings will spawn when the 2nd is pulled.
- The swim is fairly easy - go in, go up. Note that you appear underwater after the splashscreen to enter the compound - don't go afk until you are safe from drowning.
- If you do not use the shortcut, you will have to break into the compound. Be aware that you must then get past the locked door to reach the entrance to the dungeon. This requires 22 STR, a knock spell, or a damaging AOE fire spell (e.g. Fireball, Burning Hands, Burning Sphere). Archmage Force Blast also works. Single target spells like Scorching Ray do not work. The Open Lock DC requirement to open the large door of Ghola-Fan's Compound, has a value within the low fifties (50:Fail; 53:Success), i.e. somewhere between: 51-53.
- Go left and take the lift up
- Cross the bridge to the next island, and take the lift down
- Instead of going left, go straight in front of you this time (you fight 2 ogre magi) till you get to a large group of nine monsters
- Method A:
- Method B:
- Kill all the ogres and the door will open
- Go through the door and up the path until you get to another group of ogres
- Kill all the ogres and the door will open
- Follow the path to the gate and you're at the Volcano's Mouth
- An ancient warforged watches over the entrance to the The Twilight Forge.
- A repaired and completed Sigil of Dal Quor must be in your inventory to gain entry to the The Twilight Forge raid.
Monsters in the zone not found on the rare encounters list.
- Baby Glass Spiders
- Charred Sacrifices
- Feral Hounds
- Glass Spider Queens
- Huge Black Puddings
- Island Scorpions
- Runetusk Champions
- Runetusk Fighters
- Runetusk Magi
- Runetusk Overseers
- Runetusk Warlocks
- Troll Captives
- Wildman Chiefs
- Wildman Diggers
- Wildman Hunters
- Wildman Mystics
- Worg Sentinels