Monsters from the Plane of Madness have once again returned to the Sleeping Spell Inn.
|Requires access to : Heart of Madness|
|Takes place in:||The Sleeping Spell Inn|
|Bestowed by:||Verona Jethro|
|NPC contact:||Verona Jethro|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
Verona has asked you to investigate. If it is something related to Xoriat, she's asked you to ask them... to leave.
- Confront the party guests
- Get all the party guests to leave
- Follow the bidding of your Master, the Lord of Stone / Lord of Eyes
- Deliver a mirror to your master
- Deliver a balloon to your master
- Deliver a floor tile to your master
- (Optional) Get power from the Cannith Crystal without damaging it — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Teach Indara's reflection a lesson
- (Optional) Dance challengers never reached 100% humiliation (Bonus Chest)
- (Optional) Dance challengers never reached 50% humiliation (Bonus Chest)
- (Optional) Dance challengers never reached 10% humiliation (Bonus Chest)
- Blade Control Boxes: 2 control boxes are located through the balloon flying area. They disable the local blade traps.
Tips and Misc
- Go upstairs, kill guests in the bar, pick up the Servants' Key from the bar and head back to servant quarters (at base of stairs), and kill some more.
- Go through the next door (no fighting involved), where the party becomes the servants of either the Lord of Stone or the Lord of Eyes. Each service grants the party (as a whole) a different bonus:
- Lord of Eyes: +25 Spell Power. Also, as a minion of the Lord of Eyes, you have so many eyes that you cannot look away. You cannot resist Medusa's stone gaze.
- Lord of Stone: DR 5 (heroic hard) You also are treated as if you had a permanent Stoneskin Spell.
- Your choice will also determine the monster(s) you "fight" at the end - a pair of medusas (if you choose "Eye") or a beholder (if you choose "Stone").
- Back upstairs to the bar, get your orders from your chosen master; either way, you must return a Mirror, a Balloon, and a Tile to that Lord as main quest objectives.
Mirror room (hallway west from bar, second southern door)
- One of the bedrooms has a mirror in it, use chat emotes to mimic your reflection's actions to turn into a mirror. The following emotes are used:
- You will then have to "protect" your invulnerable reflection against 4 waves of Mind Flayers, Gargoyles, and Eyes. While in mirror form, you are especially susceptible to melee damage. It is best to either do mass crowd control on the enemies or let them aggro onto the reflection, and then attack just one enemy at a time. You can use the bed in the corner to block line of sight and kite enemies.
- Enemies will not follow you out of the mirror room, but you cannot leave the mirror room if dead. You can return to the mirror room if you release and re-enter but that entire wave of mobs will be spawned and beating on the reflection, which is good distraction.
- Optional: If you intend to complete the Medusa fight optional (see next) and do not have a rogue, pick up the Silver Key during the fight. The key is randomly hidden on the floor or behind some curtains.
- Once you clear all the enemies you will be quickly teleported back through the mirror to loot the chest, with no way to return thru mirror.
- You no longer need the mirror because you are a mirror; return to your Lord (in the bar) while in mirror form to complete the Mirror objective.
Optional Medusa fight (hallway west from bar, first door to north)
- One of the bedrooms is locked and can be opened by a Rogue or with the Silver Key (see previous). Inside is a mirror with the statue of the Medusa Indara staring into it. Activate the mirror then go through it (grabbing a reflection of the collectable!) and follow Indara's Reflection to the Wine Cellar where you will do battle.
- If you are working for the Lord of Stone, her gaze is reversed and turns Stone to Flesh and does extra damage to you. When the Reflection gets low HPs, it runs to the mirror and kills itself, becoming a flesh statue. You can then go back through the mirror to face the real Indara who is now flesh. If you are working for the Lord of Stone you will be immune to her gaze.
- Indara will quickly turn and run outside, opening the other previous locked hallway doors and spawn gargoyles in every room which will then follow her back to the mirror room to eat you. Kill them all for a chest that spawns in her room.
- Other upstairs rooms contain only collectables.
Balloon (ground floor, east hall, turn hard left before first doorway)
- You can become a balloon by using an Air Elemental Canister in the Office room of the servants quarters on the ground floor.
- You immediately float up to the rafters where a large turbine fan blows you across.
- As a balloon (really just an evil eye attached to you), you float through the three-dimensional air maze. You wont be able to dash in this form.
- You will encounter Beholders and Medusa at various intervals. The amount varies per difficulty.
- There are 2 Green keys in the air in the maze. While they don't exactly open the doors to progress, you need the keys to bash them open.
- There is a secret door on the wall in the area where the beholders have a green key, inside it is a fungus collectable node. Look up and you will see a chest suspended from the ceiling.
- There are some very noisy and deadly double blade traps here. These traps can one shot you on Heroic Hard/Elite, besides....you're a balloon! You will POP!
- The first trap has a searchable control box (behind the control pylon), or you can unlock the "Control Pylon" itself to disable all the first set of blade traps. Alternatively, if you can't unlock or disarm, you will have to float it and try to manually dodge the blades and attempt to get to a set of valves to turn different sets of blades off and back on as you progress.
- The second set of blade traps also has a searchable disarm box nearby as soon as you see them and the pickable control pylon hangs from the ceiling directly above for a close shave.
- Near the final medusa encounter, there's an optional small cobweb filled crawlspace above the blade traps. Fly up in there for a chest hidden down in a nook and some breakable explosive barrels.
- At the end you'll find a lever behind the original turbine that blew you. Throw it to return the way you came, or you can continue forward and float down into the eastern shrine room on the ground floor.
- Talking to the Lord while in balloon form completes the Balloon objective. This immediately dispels balloon form from all party members, so members still in the air maze may be stuck there until the quest completes.
- From the central (ground floor) shrine room, go through the southern door and through the Kitchen to the door to the Basement.
- First, get "The Power!" by trying to convince the Cannith Crystal to give it to you. This can be done through conversation using social skill Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate for Optional XP. The party can only try each skill check once. If you fail them all you must resort to simply hacking at it.
- Once the Cannith Crystal gives you "The Power!", you then transform into a power tile (cosmetic only, though you can't jump).
- The goal of each successive puzzle is simply to create a chain where every tile has power flowing through it, with you standing at the edge of the puzzle providing the power. At the start of some puzzles a familiar beholder spawns to attack. (It looks undead but it is not.)
- As you complete a puzzle, follow the tiles to the next puzzle/fight.
- Once all the puzzles are complete, return to the power crystal at the start (southwest) of the basement, where you can use a small button to activate the lift to return to the main floor.
- Under the lift is a chest. (Fortunately, even floor tiles can use ladders.)
- Behind the lift is a secret door with Blue Meat Locker Key. The Meat Locker (off the kitchen on the ground floor) contains only breakables and one collectable. The door can also be picked.
- Talking to the Lord while in tile form completes the Tile objective.
- The end fight is a dance-off against a Beholder (if serving the Lord of Stone) or a pair of Medusas (if serving the Lord of Eyes). Do your
/danceemote to earn % Score.
- During the dance-off, you or a hireling must attempt to stun or reduce your dance opponent hitpoints to 0 to prevent them from dancing and gaining score.
- Your "dance partner(s)" will also periodically stop dancing to attack you and knock you out of your dance emote animation if you are winning. So be ready to re-spam the dance emote.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 55 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 71 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 88 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5-9
- 1 in Tiles section, under the lift
- 1 for Mirror section after the fight
- 1 optional for defeating optional Medusa (near Mirror)
- 2 in the balloon section (One above the last set of Medusas, in a little hole opposite the exploding barrels; one behind secret door just after area with horizontal traps. Both require a Green Rafters Key to open.)
- 0-3 bonus chests possible for dance challenge (based on how low you keep your humiliation percentage)
- 1 end chest
- Collectables: 16
- Fungus in the room where you first meet the Lords of Stone/Eyes
- Bookshelf in the room with the balloon crate
- Adventurer's Pack in the balloon maze (near the beholders with the key)
- Adventurer's Pack in the first bedroom on the left
- Cabinet in the first bedroom on the left
- Bookshelf in the last bedroom on the left
- Cabinet in the locked room with Indara
- Cabinet in the mirror reflection of that room
- Alchemy Table in the wine cellar where you fight Indara
- Cabinet in the other locked bedroom which Indara opens
- Cabinet in the kitchen
- Bookshelf in the kitchen
- Fungus in the kitchen (near the shrines)
- Rubble near the second tile puzzle
- Rubble in the same room, hidden within a bunch of crates (you will need to come back for this one after you're no longer in tile form, because otherwise you cannot jump up onto the crates)
- Fungus in the meat locker
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Ghost of Knizzlenak (view)||Undead||Beholder|
|Indara (NoPic)||Monstrous Humanoid||Medusa|
|Animated chest (NoPic)||Construct|
|Beholder Dancer (NoPic)||Aberration||Beholder|
|Crazed Eye (view)||Aberration||Unknown|
|Evil Eye (view)||Aberration||Evil Eye|
|Greater Beholder (view)||Aberration||Beholder|
|Xorian Gargoyle (NoPic)|
|Xorian Illithid (view)||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Xorian Medusa (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Medusa|
Cannith Crystal Skill DCs
|Heroic DC table|
|Epic DC table|