The Lord of Stone
|Requires access to : Reign of Madness|
|The Lord of Stone|
|Takes place in:||Deep Within Khyber|
|Bestowed by:||Krannoch Flamehand|
|NPC contact:||Krannoch Flamehand|
|Quest acquired in:||The Tower of the Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
Krannoch Flamehand has asked you to travel to Khyber as the Twelve's emissary. You are to ask the Lord of Stone for his help in the Twelve's upcoming confrontation with the Lord of Eyes.
Use the Portal to Khyber near Krannoch to travel to the fabled underworld.
- Search for Orlassk, the Lord of Stone
- Collect crest to open Orlassk's chamber: 3
- Slay Citrine the lion
- Slay Scoria the gargoyle
- Slay Lasthess the medusa
- (Optional) Gather Khyber Gems as gifts for Orlassk: 10 — Bonus (17%): Heroic
- (Optional) Destroy the Lord of eye's spies: 10 — Bonus (13%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (optional: 10 Khyber Gems)
Tips and Misc
- Altar of Insanity: High drop rate of Polished Stone, low drop rate of Adhesive Slime.
- The unique warhammer that drops here is also an extremely effective weapon to use here, as it works on nearly everything in the quest. Even the stone golems, which are oddly typed as giants, but still shatter just fine.
- This is a fairly linear quest. If you're not too concerned with the optionals and conquest bonus, it's possible to cast invisibility and run past most of the mobs; there are only a few points where you need to kill bosses or guardians around certain doors.
- The third crest, in the large southern room, is found after taking the southern loop - just follow the path, you'll see it.
- There are more than enough of the Khyber Gems and Eye Spy's to complete the two optionals, though you should be sure to check the nooks and crannies to make sure.
- Discreet bonus: 26 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 84 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 110 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 140 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Getting conquest on normal difficulty is difficult as you have to kill nearly every enemy in the quest, and many are well hidden. It's reasonably easy on hard and elite, as there are far more monsters on those difficulties.
- Chests: Total of Three
- One for slaying the Guardian of Revels Medusa
- One Behind a secret wall. Opened by a Lever when you drop down into the lava lake. Stone Giants and a Medusa Reside here.
- One End chest which may drop the unique warhammer listed below
- NPC rewards: Standard, Selection of 4 items
Named Chest Drop
- Earthshatter Warhammer - +5 Adamantine Warhammer: Greater Stone Prison, Rock Shattering, Maiming, Unwieldy (End chest) [ML:16, BTA]