Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
The Lord of Stone
|The Lord of Stone is the 3rd quest in the Reign of Madness story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Lord of Eyes.|
|Acute Delirium • The Sane Asylum • The Lord of Stone • The Lord of Eyes|
The Lord of Stone was magically imprisoned within Khyber long ago, as was his bitter rival, the Lord of Eyes.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|The Lord of Stone|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,142Solo/Casual ♦5,443Normal ♥5,648Hard ♠5,854Elite|
|Takes place in:||Deep Within Khyber|
|Bestowed by:||Krannoch Flamehand|
|NPC contact:||Krannoch Flamehand|
|Quest acquired in:||The Tower of the Twelve|
|Purchase:||Reign of Madness or VIP|
Krannoch Flamehand has asked you to travel to Khyber as the Twelve's emissary. You are to ask the Lord of Stone for his help in the Twelve's upcoming confrontation with the Lord of Eyes.
Use the Portal to Khyber near Krannoch to travel to the fabled underworld.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Search for Orlassk, the Lord of Stone
- Collect crests to open Orlassk's chamber (3)
- Slay Citrine the lion
- Slay Scoria the gargoyle
- Slay Lasthess the medusa
- Tell Orlassk about your mission
- Convince Orlassk to help against the Lord of Eyes
- (Optional) Gather Khyber Gems as gifts for Orlassk (10) — Bonus (16.7%): Heroic( ♣525 ♦909 ♥943 ♠978 )
- (Optional) Destroy the Lord of eye's spies (10) — Bonus (12.8%): Heroic( ♣402 ♦697 ♥723 ♠749 )
What to Expect
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (optional: 10 Khyber Gems)
Tips and Misc
- Altar of Insanity: High drop rate of Polished Stone, low drop rate of Adhesive Slime.
- The unique warhammer that drops here is also an extremely effective weapon to use here, as it works on nearly everything in the quest. Even the stone golems, which are oddly typed as giants, but still shatter just fine.
- This is a fairly linear quest. If you're not too concerned with the optionals and conquest bonus, it's possible to cast invisibility and run past most of the mobs; there are only a few points where you need to kill bosses or guardians around certain doors.
- The third crest, in the large southern room, is found after taking the southern loop – just follow the path, you'll see it.
- There are more than enough of the Khyber Gems and Eye Spy's to complete the two optionals, though you should be sure to check the nooks and crannies to make sure.
- Discreet bonus: 26 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.( ♣157 ♦272 ♥282 ♠293 )
- Aggression bonus: 84 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣314 ♦544 ♥565 ♠585 )
- Onslaught bonus: 110 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣471 ♦816 ♥847 ♠878 )
- Conquest bonus: 138 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣786 ♦1,361 ♥1,412 ♠1,464 )
- Mischief bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣251 ♦435 ♥452 ♠468 )
- Vandal bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣314 ♦544 ♥565 ♠585 )
- Ransack bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣471 ♦816 ♥847 ♠878 )
- Notes: Getting conquest on normal difficulty is challenging as you have to kill nearly every enemy in the quest, and many are well hidden. It's reasonably easy on hard and elite, as there are far more monsters on those difficulties.
- Chests: 3
- One for slaying the Guardian of Revels Medusa
- One behind a secret wall. Opened by a lever when you drop down into the lava lake.
- One End chest which may drop the unique warhammer listed below
- Collectables: 6
- Mushroom at the first junction
- Fungus in the South-West corner of the first big room
- Mold at the east side of the first big room
- Adventurer's Pack in the chamber behind the secret wall
- Fungus at the east side of the third big room (lower level)
- Mushroom east of the last shrine
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
||Earthshatter Warhammer (edit)||War Hammer||
||16||Bound to Account on AcquireBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire||The Lord of Stone, End chest|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Reign of Madness quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 6 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 17 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Twelve quests > The Tower of the Twelve quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Twelve patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > Reign of Madness chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Deep Within Khyber quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps