Korthos Village Loading Screen
The introductory section of the game. After passing through Shipwreck Shore you are required to beat the four quests available in this area before the Korthos Island dungeon quests become available. Those quests must then also be completed before you are awarded unobstructed travel to The Harbor section of Stormreach. If you choose, you can bypass all this and just head to Stormreach, but the quests here all give decent starter items rather than random loot, which is often unusable, near-worthless, or both when granted by low-level quests in other zones.
Points of Interest
- There are 2 versions of the Korthos Village: "Snowy-side" version is for characters who have not finished the Korthos storyline (Misery's Peak), while "Sunny-side" is for those who have finished or opted to skip it by heading straight to Stormreach.
- A player from "snowy-side" cannot group with a player from "sunny-side" and vice versa.
- A player who opted to skip the Korthos storyline can only return to "sunny-side" Korthos Village.
- Finishing all quests in Korthos (Excluding "Misery's Peak") will net a total of 63 favor if all quests are finished on Elite difficulty. Misery's Peak included on Elite, the total favor from Korthos is 75.
- To get 50 Favor, and 100 , complete the Village quests on Elite and Island quests on Hard.
- One of the best ways to protect your character early in the game is to pick up the Spear Bane and Axe Bane bracers by completing The Cannith Crystal quest. These give you damage reduction/4 against piercing and slashing weapons respectively. Set these up in a hotbar so you can switch quickly, then pay attention to the type of damage enemies dole out in combat in the combat log.