|Heyton's Rest is the 1st quest in The Salvation of Korthos .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Collaborator.|
|Heyton's Rest • The Storehouse's Secret • The Cannith Crystal • The Collaborator • Redemption • Misery's Peak|
For generations, the Heytons protected the village from Sahuagin attacks. But now it looks like the Sahuagin have finally won, for all the Heytons are dead...or so it seems.
|Takes place in:||Heyton Family Crypt|
|Bestowed by:||Kaja Bauerdatter|
|NPC contact:||Kaja Bauerdatter|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Village|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
Kaja Bauerdatter asked you to investigate odd wailing sounds coming from the Heyton Family Crypt. This crypt is in the cemetery on the west side of Korthos village.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Investigate the crypt.
- Destroy all the Devourer Altars (3 total).
- Search for three crests, and return them to the wall slots next to the magical shield.
- Destroy the final altar in the antechamber.
- (Optional) Prevent Horace Heyton's remains from being desecrated by undeath. — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Prevent Kragwulf Heyton's remains from being desecrated by undeath. — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Prevent Bjorn Heyton's remains from being desecrated by undeath. — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Prevent Kyleanne Heyton d'Cannith's remains from being desecrated by undeath. — Bonus (30%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Acid trap protecting a chest, 2 Trap control panels to disable same trap (one on either side of the chest); only need to disable 1.
Tips and Misc
- Remember to use blunt weapons for skeletons and slashing weapons for zombies. Low quality Slashing/Bludgeoning weapons are provided for you in two chests before the first and second altars.
- To complete the optional objectives, you can either kill the Sahuagin Necromancers or destroy the altars quickly to prevent the Heytons from being turned into undead. In the case of the final altar, you may be better off destroying it than trying to fight the necromancer on the other side.
- The lever at the end of the passage behind the trapped chest is used to open up the wall connecting it to the rest of the crypt.
- Destroying the altars counts towards the Monster kill bonus, not the destroy breakable object bonus.
- The altars detect as evil, meaning that any abilities that do extra damage to evil creatures (such as a holy weapon or the paladin's Smite Evil ability) will allow you to destroy them more quickly.
- Near western crypt:
- Outside main intersection:
- This quest is a rework of the Quest for the Ancient Daggers quest from the original harbor area.
- As of Update 11, the quest has received a complete revamp, with the instance being redesigned and retextured. Unlike the previous versions of the quest, which mainly had you fighting spiders as well as undead and Sahuagin Adepts, you will be opposing the cultists of the Devourer for the first time as they attempt to turn the bodies of the Heyton family into an undead army against Korthos.
- At least one of the Heytons is cited in Treasure of Crystal Cove/Treasure Map quests.
- Discreet bonus: ~5 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 17 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 26 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 15 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 20 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Notes: U11 update of this quest caused a couple bonus XP issues:
- Ransack is no longer possible. There are only 18 breakables.
- In order to get conquest you will have to fail at least one of the Optionals, to get an extra kill, which overall is a loss of XP.
- Chests: 4
- 1 at the southeast intersection
- 1 at the northeast intersection
- 1 trapped after the northwest intersection
- 1 at the end
- NPC rewards: Choice of necklace
||Amulet of the Brute ( )||Necklace||
||1||Heyton's Rest, End reward|
||Amulet of Inner Focus ( )||Necklace||
||1||Heyton's Rest, End reward|
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Altar of the Devourer ( view • )||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Bjorn Heyton ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Devourer Acolyte ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Devourer Disciple ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Devourer Minion ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Horace Heyton ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Kragwulf Heyton ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Kyleanne Heyton d'Cannith ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Sahuagin Necromancer ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Skeleton ( view • )||QL1:; QL2: ; QL3: ; QL?:||Undead||Skeleton|
|Zombie ( view • )||QL1:; QL2/QL3:||Undead||Zombie|