The Cannith Crystal
Much of the Devourer cult is made up of former Korthos villagers.
|The Cannith Crystal|
|Takes place in:||Korthos Hall|
|Bestowed by:||Baldar the Bold|
|NPC contact:||Baldar the Bold|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Village|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
An ancient Cannith Crystal is all that prevents Korthos from being encased in ice. Go to Korthos Hall, in the Korthos Village next to the dock, and protect it from the Devourer cultists.
- Defeat all the Cultists (15 total)
- (Failure) Protect the Cannith Crystal
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the Cannith Crystal is destroyed)
- Protect a quest item (mandatory: The Cannith Crystal)
Tips and Misc
- This quest is a rework of the A Matter of Protection quest from the original harbor area.
- It is essentially a timed quest; the timer does not start until you open the door at the end of the hall and enter the inner room. Then, after a brief pause, you must defend against waves of 1-4 attackers for just over 2 minutes.
- On Elite, the cultists can one-shot the crystal on a critical hit. Therefore, it's important for (at least) one character to stay back near the crystal to act as a "screen", and engage any cultists who run towards it. Sniping from the side is often not enough.
- Non-melee characters, or any who find the combat too difficult, might want to stand away from the crystal to reduce the opponents faced at any one time.
- Hirelings can be a big help in this quest, especially melee types (such as Byron Scoutsword). If you put the hireling on "active", they will often detect and engage the stealthy cultists before you can see them. Similarly with summons.
- If you (or a hireling) has a Summon Monster spell, you can use the pets to engage the cultists before they rush to the crystal. (From the Korthos Hireling Vendor, the sorcerer Elizabeth Cinder is your only choice; if you go to the Harbor Hirling Vendor (just up from the base of the pier), there are several others.)
- It’s worth it to complete this quest at least twice so you can pick up both Axe Bane and Spear Bane. Because they give you damage resistance, they’re particularly useful at low levels when every hit point counts. Equip them both on a hotbar, pay attention to the type of damage dealt by enemies and swap as needed.
- The Bracers of Assistance can be handy as well, to buff up before a big fight, or help an unconscious party member. Put them and your "regular" bracers on a hotbar (as above), swap them in to use them, then swap back to your combat gear.
- Next to the entrance is a painting of Korthos that you can click on.
- Dren Ral - Rare Red named Sahuagin caster, may appear near the end of the fight, but only on Hard and Elite difficulties. You get a chest (near the entry door) only if he appears.
- Aggression bonus: 9 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 12 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 15 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- rare for killing Dren Ral (Sahuagin caster)
- NPC rewards: Choice of armband:
- Axe Bane - Bracers: Lesser Axeblock
- Bracers of Assistance - Bracers: — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1)
- Spear Bane - Bracers: Lesser Spearblock
|Devourer Acolyte (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Devourer Minion (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Dren Ral (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|